max popenker
September 17, 2008, 07:46 AM
http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/5629/610xdy4.jpg

http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/6677/610xaf5.jpg

Mexican armed forces on parade.

but i think North Koreans will get the main prize:
http://pics.livejournal.com/drugoi/pic/00ha66gw.jpg

sorry, but can't resist to share :evil:

If you enjoyed reading about "50 caliber scare" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
HammerBite
September 17, 2008, 07:50 AM
I like the change you made on your website!

CYANIDEGENOCIDE
September 17, 2008, 07:52 AM
wow! I wonder if ronnie barrett sold the weapons directly or if they were purchased through shell corporations.

xd45gaper
September 17, 2008, 08:10 AM
no they where smuggled over from gun shows in the US!!!!

Artiz
September 17, 2008, 08:14 AM
LOL, a sniper batallion, how can we not laugh? Sometimes that looks like mall ninja armies.

220_Swift
September 17, 2008, 08:17 AM
no they where smuggled over from gun shows in the US!!!!

Coffee..........Nose..................Burns!LOL

Interesting pictures, thanks for sharing them.

dhoomonyou
September 17, 2008, 08:20 AM
nothing like a GOOSE step.

LaEscopeta
September 17, 2008, 08:37 AM
Mexican armed forces on parade.Wow, a lot of high peso rifles on parade down south. And didn’t the Mexican armed forces just replace all their standard rifles with new H&K G-36s last year? Has the economy picked up down there, or are they getting an infusion of military aid from abroad?

And good trigger discipline on the People’s Republic of Kim troops. Not to be bitter but I would not be too sad if that unit had a few NDs into the reviewing stand.

ch1966
September 17, 2008, 08:39 AM
Reminds me of public land on opening day of dove season.:D

max popenker
September 17, 2008, 08:54 AM
Not to be bitter but I would not be too sad if that unit had a few NDs into the reviewing stand
I suppose that if you will examine those RPG's you will find that projectile is glued, pinned AND safety-wired to the barrel, all trigger inner workings are removed and warhead filled with sand and all this stuff (including the genesis of the soldiers up to 5 generations before) then double-checked by state security.

Hardly any chance for any surprise or luck, i think.

XDKingslayer
September 17, 2008, 08:56 AM
wow! I wonder if ronnie barrett sold the weapons directly or if they were purchased through shell corporations.

California sold all the ones Ronnie wouldn't service to Mexico...

Crunker1337
September 17, 2008, 04:29 PM
Mexico just got like $400 million from US recently, IIRC.
IMO, what a damn waste of money, who would one need a battalion of .50 cal-armed soldiers? Wouldn't that money be better spent recruiting more soldiers? Or perhaps training them better? Maybe buying more useful weapons?

Funderb
September 17, 2008, 04:33 PM
its their money now, let them do with it what they will! :evil:

armoredman
September 17, 2008, 04:36 PM
True heavy infantry. They have the BIG tacos.

mikitsubizunizu
September 17, 2008, 05:24 PM
Middle Picture 4th one in

I bet he's thinking "Wow! That looks Delicious!"

I just don't know what he's looking at though. :p

nplant
September 17, 2008, 06:00 PM
Doesn't the N. Korean photo look like something out of A Chorus Line or something? They seem to be all dancing.

Wes Janson
September 17, 2008, 06:06 PM
I imagine that most of those Mexican troops are probably wishing they were carrying an FX-05 instead...

mugsie
September 17, 2008, 06:07 PM
Can you find the two North Koreans who look exactly alike?!

Funderb
September 17, 2008, 06:48 PM
I like how in the first pic the lower right hand dude's "Scary" expression is more like,

"Heeeeeeyyyyaaa, I'm here to parteeeeeeee!"

frankcostanza
September 17, 2008, 06:53 PM
This is like Where's Waldo Lee!

Funniest thing I've heard all week!

Caliban
September 17, 2008, 06:56 PM
mexican army? i thought they were defeated by drug cartels. or was that the police department where they all threw down their badges and ran for the hills?

Freelance Tax Collector
September 17, 2008, 06:59 PM
who would one need a battalion of .50 cal-armed soldiers?

I bet it's just an almalgam of snipers from infantry battalions that the parade adjutant wanted to all be together, capitalizing on the public's craze with snipery and mall-ninjaism.

dalepres
September 17, 2008, 07:00 PM
What in the world does an armed force like that need 50 caliber rifles for? Except for designated sniper squads, 50 calibers should be banned from the military forces of all nations and should only be owned by civilians.

jonmerritt
September 17, 2008, 08:53 PM
Those are the mexican drug cartel, how do you think they can afford the .50 BMG's?

jad0110
September 17, 2008, 09:05 PM

Far back rown, right under the OP's word "Korean" and 3 1/2 to the right, down one :D . BTW, is it just me, or does that look like an 11 year old just to the left of center?

Doesn't the N. Korean photo look like something out of A Chorus Line or something? They seem to be all dancing.

:evil: Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

Notice the Korean at the bottom left. He seems to be proudly proclaiming to the comrade beside him [in an arrogant, condescending tone]: "Mine is bigger than yours!" :neener:

Kind of Blued
September 17, 2008, 10:10 PM
Great. So what's the idea? Wait until some middle-aged turkey-necked female politician in America bans all of the effective weapons, then invade? :neener:

Jdude
September 17, 2008, 11:04 PM
80s and 90s Military drawdowns and gun control? I had a suspicion they wanted just enough of a force left to surrender.

dalepres
September 17, 2008, 11:23 PM
It looks to me like Our government must be selling arms to their government. The bad guys are probably getting them when the Mexican police tuck tail and run. When you see that many Barretts, that tells me that it isn't civilian ownership of Barrett's that is supporting the gangs in Mexico but rather our own, and their own, governments.

More reason why only civilians should be permitted to own guns. The government is just not responsible enough to be trusted with them.

LaEscopeta
September 18, 2008, 09:28 AM
…a battalion of .50 cal-armed soldiers?I bet it's just an almalgam of snipers from infantry battalions that the parade adjutant wanted to all be together+1. Or maybe graduation from sniper school.

Hardly any chance for any surprise or luck, i think.Yet another in the endless string of life’s disappointments.

dalepres
September 18, 2008, 07:20 PM
Just how many snipers does Mexico need? Who are they planning on going to war against? Certainly not the drug cartels. If they were using that kind of force against the drug cartels they'd have defeated them. So who are they planning a war with? They don't have any kind of a threat to support that. They're just a bunch of super-mall-ninjas.

DoubleTapDrew
September 18, 2008, 07:40 PM
Maybe they spent all their money on rifles, ninja suits, and face paint and didn't have enough left over to train their snipers.
There must be an awful lot of black terrain in Mexico since they don't seem to have night vision on their rifles. Seems like those guys would stick out like a tic on an albino in a desert environment.

If you enjoyed reading about "50 caliber scare" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!