Do Beretta 92 magazines work in a Beretta 96?

PDA

Maelstrom
September 17, 2008, 08:11 AM
I picked up some 92 magazines the other day and loaded them up with .40 ammo. When I inserted it into my Beretta 9000 (.40) and cycled it by hand, the rounds fed fine. The only excepting being it didn't hold the side back after the last shot.

Has anyone ever tried firing the 9mm magazines from the .40?

If you enjoyed reading about "Do Beretta 92 magazines work in a Beretta 96?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
VHinch
September 17, 2008, 08:39 AM
IIRC, they will work, but the feed lip geometry is different, and they shouldn't trusted for carry.

LouBurris
September 17, 2008, 09:27 AM
I have a (9mm) 92FS Inox, (40mm) 96FS Inox and a CX4 in 9mm and can use all magazines in either gun. The key is to make sure you have the correct ammo, correct gun and magazine. :what:

The 96 magazines will hold more than stated capacity of 9mm (ie. 10 round of 40 cal will hold 12 rounds of 9mm. and inversely the 9mm will hold less of the 40 cal rounds:() I have never had a malfunction flaw use these and the slide works as designed to hold open when the magazine is empty. Lou

If you enjoyed reading about "Do Beretta 92 magazines work in a Beretta 96?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!