Decisions, decisions, decisions

PDA

Adam5
September 17, 2008, 02:00 PM
I have an extra $260 that I'm being given to add another inexpensive toy to my collection. I'm debating between two and and wanting some opinions.

I currently have:

Dan Wesson PM-7 1911
Kahr PM9
S&W 22a
Armalite AR24 9mm
Glock 17
Springfield XD-9 subcompact
Winchester 94 30-30
Remmington 1100 12ga
Mossberg Plinkster .22

I'm looking at adding either a Yugo 59/66 SKS or an EAA .357mag revolver with adjustable sights and the heavy (weighted for balance) target barrel.

Opinions? Thoughts?

If you enjoyed reading about "Decisions, decisions, decisions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
7.62X25mm
September 17, 2008, 02:38 PM
EAA -- I bought one of their Coach Guns, Baikal import. I thought the offset stock was warped. No "warranty contact number" available so I sent the gun back to the distributor. They returned it with a note that the stock was "offset." BUT, someone decided to "polish" the embossed area around the breech. That removed most of the blue. I sent the gun back for re-blue and someone PAINTED the barrel flat black. Finally, after sending the gun back and forth to EAA three times, they sent me a refund for the purchase price. Never mind that shipping ran me about $50 for which I was not compensated. Because of this and some other issues with EAA, my local gun shop no longer does business with this distributor.

Loosedhorse
September 17, 2008, 02:41 PM
If I had to choose, it would depend if I'm more excited about adding a versatile revolver to my collection, or a non-detachable mag semi-auto rifle. Both makes are okay-but-not-stellar, which fits the price.

The only CF rifle in your collection is the .30-30, so why not the SKS?

Philmccan
September 17, 2008, 06:02 PM
How about a mosin nagant and a ton of ammo?

Thernlund
September 17, 2008, 06:06 PM
I think I'd go with the EAA.

Good luck and congrats on your new gun, whatever it may be.

(As a side note, the surplus Sig P6's are still cheap and come in under your price point.)

-T.

Duke Junior
September 17, 2008, 07:07 PM
I'm looking at adding either a Yugo 59/66 SKS or an EAA .357mag revolver with adjustable sights and the heavy (weighted for balance) target barrel.

I'd go with the Yugo which I have and love.Very cool grenade launcher, which is banned in California,always a good thing.
You'll have plenty left over for lots of 7.62x39 ammo which you will quickly run through,the Yugo being so much fun to shoot.

bannockburn
September 17, 2008, 11:39 PM
Adam5

I would go with the Yugo too. Very versatile and reliable weapon and 7.62x39 ammo is still relatively inexpensive.

Kentucky-roughrider
September 17, 2008, 11:49 PM
I have had an EAA revolver in 45 Colt, since 2001 and have had no problems with it. My brother has one in .357 mag and had a spring break this past year. $15, Numrich and a little fun, it was running in less than an hour. It is the bounty hunter.

jdc1244
September 18, 2008, 12:04 AM
The only CF rifle in your collection is the .30-30, so why not the SKS?

Id say the SKS as well due to possible availability issues in the future. Save for a good revolver.

If you enjoyed reading about "Decisions, decisions, decisions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!