Dead Celebrities; CCW or not...

PDA

h-word
September 17, 2008, 09:51 PM
Just throwing it out there, but who do you think would have carried a handgun concealed, or do you know of any that did?

Chris Farly (Desert Eagle)
Kurt Cobain (probably not)
John Belushi
Ernest Hemingway (SA Army)
Brandon Lee (wouldn't need to)

Don't know what got me thinking about it, but there it is. Take it or leave it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Dead Celebrities; CCW or not..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Gunnerpalace
September 17, 2008, 10:08 PM
It was know Elvis CCW'd, .45's mostly.

Kind of Blued
September 17, 2008, 10:52 PM
Why do they have to be dead?

If you were asking what would have happened if celebrities who were killed had been carrying a gun, that might make some sense...

lloydkristmas
September 17, 2008, 11:14 PM
I remember reading somewhere that Michael Moore carries a Glock. And I specifically remember seeing a picture of Ashton Kutcher carrying a XD openly on a camping trip. Neither are dead, but yea....

Tribal
September 17, 2008, 11:15 PM
Michael Moore is dead to me; does that count?

Also, Mark Twain carried a revolver at times.

Kind of Blued
September 17, 2008, 11:17 PM
Superman had a J-frame on his ankle "just in case". :neener:

TonyB
September 18, 2008, 07:25 AM
Superman:the old series,sure bullets would bounch off him,but when the BG threw the gun at him,he'd duck...those old Mod. 10's were heavy man.:scrutiny:

Lamb of Gun
September 18, 2008, 09:24 AM
If I'm not mistaken, Kurt Cobain was a bit of a gunnie before he died. It wouldn't surprise me if he DID CCW.

If we're talking early nineties rockers I say that Eddie Vedder would absolutely not be carrying a gun anywhere.

Maelstrom
September 18, 2008, 09:28 AM
If I'm not mistaken, Kurt Cobain was a bit of a gunnie

That's one way of describing someone who turned his head into stew with a shotgun.

Floppy_D
September 18, 2008, 09:31 AM
That's one way of describing someone who turned his head into stew with a shotgun.

That's High Road. :rolleyes:

Aka Zero
September 18, 2008, 11:31 AM
Ted Nugent... not dead.... but appears to be a little bit pro gun....

OK, a lot pro gun.

XDKingslayer
September 18, 2008, 11:58 AM
I've gotta ask...They're dead, why does it matter?

Sistema1927
September 18, 2008, 12:15 PM
I think that the intent of the OP was to ask which celebrities who lived prior to present day "CCW friendly" era would actually carry if it had been legal in their day.

I think that John Wayne would have, and possibly Jimmy Stewart. Also, probably Clark Gable.

NG VI
September 18, 2008, 12:26 PM
I bet James Cagney did.

Justin
September 18, 2008, 12:42 PM
I'm sorry, but this thread is ridiculous.

If you enjoyed reading about "Dead Celebrities; CCW or not..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!