Beauty and the Beast

PDA

357wheelgunner
September 17, 2008, 09:33 PM
Below is a picture comparing my newer (2004) parkerized 870 Police Magnum, next to it's 1978 Wingmaster counterpart. They both have express sights, 20" IC smoothbore barrel, and a 7 round magazine tube. I keep the Wingmaster in the safe in case I need it, and use the Police gun for everything from range practice to woods duty and home defense. It's cool to have two guns that work the same, hold the same number of shells, feel similar in the hand, but are so different. The Police gun is ugly but tough, while the Wingmaster has bluing so polished that I can see my face in it.

I posted this mostly for people who aren't aware of the difference between Remingtons, so that they know there are other options out there than the Express line...

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c138/357wheelgunner/BeautyBeast2.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c138/357wheelgunner/BeautyBeast1.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Beauty and the Beast" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sylvan-Forge
September 18, 2008, 04:40 AM
Very nice!

Eric-WA
September 18, 2008, 01:21 PM
modern tactical, and classical tactical . . . Nice.

Something about a defense legth shotgun with a walnut stock that I really like, whether it's a Wingmaster like this or a 70's era police issue model 37.

Black Majik
September 18, 2008, 03:21 PM
Niiiiiice!

Here I thought I was the only one running a 20" RF Wingmaster with a +3 extension. Good taste! :D

freedom lover
September 22, 2008, 06:39 PM
Nice shotguns.

One thing I'd like to know: how does the 20'' barrel handle indoors? Is there a big difference in manueverability compared to an 18 incher?

I'd like to know because I'm thinking about getting one next summer for HD.

Dave McCracken
September 22, 2008, 09:53 PM
I see two beauties.

Where's the beast?....

g.willikers
September 24, 2008, 06:32 PM
what's that funny looking accessory in the lower left of the first picture.

Virginian
September 24, 2008, 09:24 PM
Looks like a set of Glaser Safety toes!

If you enjoyed reading about "Beauty and the Beast" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!