Can you identify this scope mount?

PDA

B.357
September 17, 2008, 11:22 PM
http://i536.photobucket.com/albums/ff327/b357/P9170358JPG1.jpg
It is detachable and looks like military issue........

If you enjoyed reading about "Can you identify this scope mount?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Gator
September 18, 2008, 12:15 AM
It looks like a B&L Trophy mount, I don't know what rifle that base could be for though.

Rob62
September 18, 2008, 09:25 AM
Really just a guess on my part. But, could it be a military mount for an HK or FN?

Rob

September 18, 2008, 05:02 PM
Bausch & Lombe Balvar mount. Made for use with scope(the Balvar part of the name) that didn't have adjustable reticle; the reticle was etched on the glass and as such was fixed in position. The scope is zeroed by adjusting the mount using screws that move round cams - one of which you can see sticking out of the end of the upper piece in the picture and it's a real PITA to do. I bought a used older short-action re-barreled Remy 700 in .223 that had that set up on it.

Gator
September 18, 2008, 10:04 PM
Actually that part sticking out on the left side of the ring portion is a spring loaded plunger that secures the top ring part to the base. The Trophy mount was for internally adjustable scopes and lacked the knobs on the base for adjusting windage and elevation.

If it's a B&L mount it should be marked.

B.357
September 19, 2008, 10:01 AM
The only markings it has is a #,''9940''.

If you enjoyed reading about "Can you identify this scope mount?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!