Better tried than carried?

PDA

azhunter122
September 17, 2008, 10:36 PM
What does this mean?????

If you enjoyed reading about "Better tried than carried?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Halo
September 17, 2008, 10:38 PM
Better to be alive and in court than dead and carried (by pallbearers).

waterhouse
September 17, 2008, 10:39 PM
Do you have a context? It is often said that it is better to be judged (tried) by 12 (jurors) than carried by 6 (pallbearers). Not sure if this is what you are talking about.

BeltfedMG
September 17, 2008, 11:04 PM
Better judged by 12 then carried by 6.

Better to be alive and in court explaining your actions then dead because......

Ragnar Danneskjold
September 17, 2008, 11:10 PM
I dunno. I think if I ever ended up getting a life sentence for something, I would rather not be alive. Bit that's just me.

Kind of Blued
September 17, 2008, 11:14 PM
I really don't like that saying for many reasons.

JackBurtonJr
September 17, 2008, 11:25 PM
I dunno. I think if I ever ended up getting a life sentence for something, I would rather not be alive. Bit that's just me.

And after he gets thru with you, then he can start on your wife and kids?

Just yanking your chain a bit, but there are often greater considerations than "what do I get out of the deal."

Eric F
September 17, 2008, 11:29 PM
how is this gun related?

never_retreat
September 17, 2008, 11:38 PM
Eric F how is this gun related?
Today 11:25 PM
Now it has a picture of a gun in it.
http://www.sigsauer.com/images/catalog/product/226R-TT.jpg

BeltfedMG
September 17, 2008, 11:40 PM
Having worked in max security prison for 6 yrs i agree i would rather be dead then spend 20 yrs in the joint with them animals in them conditions, ecspecially state prisons, they are worse then federal.

ASM826
September 17, 2008, 11:42 PM
You have a gun. You are so afraid of legal repercussions that you hesitate to use it. You die. Your wife is raped in front of your children.

Alternative. You use the gun. You are convicted. You are sent away for a very long time.

There's a gun in both scenarios.

Mr White
September 18, 2008, 11:23 AM
It means that I'll take alive and in a world of sh** over dead every time.

armoredman
September 18, 2008, 11:46 AM
Even if you are being gang raped in the prison showers, you are still alive...

jackstinson
September 18, 2008, 11:53 AM
Even if you are being gang raped in the prison showers, you are still alive...
Oh my......what a life that would be.

ZeSpectre
September 18, 2008, 12:08 PM
Look at it this way.

If you use a firearm and survive the fight you might have another chance with the legal system.

If you loose (die) then the final judgment is already in.

Old Grump
September 18, 2008, 12:16 PM
+1 ZeSpectre, my thoughts exactly

Grey_Mana
September 18, 2008, 05:59 PM
The thinking parallels the way doctors are trained - solve the most important problem first and don't worry about it's potential side effects. Those can be dealt with down the road.

For example, if somebody needs CPR, you might break a few of their ribs. Amputate the gangrened leg.

Double Naught Spy
September 18, 2008, 07:14 PM
Right, but the secondary meaning of the saying for some people is that it is their way to justify breaking the law by carrying illegally, assuming they will only get caught if they have to use the gun in self defense.

If you enjoyed reading about "Better tried than carried?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!