more holly wood trash..MANSWERS

PDA

Eric F
September 18, 2008, 12:27 AM
Just saw a clip from SPIKES new show MANSWERS

Whats the largest hand gun in the world?

Well this SWAT weapons expert says the SEAL team uses the 357 super magnum:what:

the 44 magnum is twice as powerful as the 357 super magnum:scrutiny:

the 500 S&W magnum can easily put down a charging elephant:what:
and has less recoil than the 44 magnum:what:

as demonstrated by females shooting the guns and giggiling of certian "areas" total garbage.........:banghead:

Not that I expected the total truth on guns on a show like this but you would think they could just try even guessing could be better than this.

If you enjoyed reading about "more holly wood trash..MANSWERS" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ColinthePilot
September 18, 2008, 12:36 AM
wow, where do I get one of them .357 Super Magnums?!

bensdad
September 18, 2008, 12:38 AM
I gotta plead ignorance. I've never heard of a .357 SuperMag. Isn't there a .357 Maximum?

TheDriver
September 18, 2008, 12:39 AM
I just saw that....it was, I don't know, kind of sad actually.

OK, it made Futureweapons look like a panel discussion on the implications of progressive taxation for blah, blah, blah, etc....

theken206
September 18, 2008, 12:39 AM
well, once upon a time roy boehm did indeed go around the navy and purchase .357's for his SEAL's, and got one of his five courtsmartial for it

what are you expecting from "manswers" lol??

unassuming
September 18, 2008, 12:45 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Boehm

According to the always correct Wikipedia, he was never actually court-martialed

Kind of Blued
September 18, 2008, 12:50 AM
MANSWERS could have benefitted immensely from five minutes and wikipedia as their sole source.

That show is horrid by the way.

whiskeytangofoxtrot
September 18, 2008, 01:26 AM
Manswers is only after one thing, women and clevage shots. The truth means nothing to them. Not to say the women and cleavage shots are not nice...:uhoh:

theken206
September 18, 2008, 01:37 AM
"he was never actually court-martialed"

correct according to his auto-B "first SEAL" they were quashed by JFK right as he got the go ahead to form the first SEAL team/s.

jackdanson
September 18, 2008, 01:44 AM
Yeah I saw that and thought it was hilariously inaccurate. I was yelling at the screen the whole time. My wife just rolled her eyes and told me to turn it off. (I'm not allowed to watch shows with scantily clad women anymore?)

Nate C.
September 18, 2008, 05:13 AM
This is only one of many reasons that I no longer subscribe to cable television.

deaconkharma
September 18, 2008, 08:45 AM
:barf:

HK G3
September 18, 2008, 09:06 AM
Honestly, did you guys really expect anything better from a show on Spike TV called "Manswers"?

The network generally assumes that its average viewer is done with the better half of a case of beer prior to watching their programming. :rolleyes:

deaconkharma
September 18, 2008, 09:14 AM
I am about half through a case by then

BruceRDucer
September 18, 2008, 09:31 AM
Oh yeah, sure, the old .357 SUPER MAGNUM. It's that semi-automatic assault revolver.

Evahbody knows all about them. Remember, they were in that movie...er....um...you know...uh.....oh yeah,

"Good guys versus the Bad Guys"

Where the good guy carried one, manufactured by

KASTOOPUD ARMS INC. :what:

Tortuga12
September 18, 2008, 09:52 AM
Didn't Richard Marcinko aquire stainless .357's for SIX? I thought I recalled reading that in his first book (the one that wasn't fiction).

Gerald in Ga
September 18, 2008, 09:53 AM
There is a 357 round that is called the 357 MAX. Go here to see it.
http://www.ammo-one.com/357Max.html

usmarine0352_2005
September 18, 2008, 10:19 AM
Apparently you missed the one where you can kill a grizzly bear with a "Haduken Punch".

I believe if you try that on a grizzly bear they will find a pile of bear poop with a little hat on top.

:neener:

boostedxt
September 18, 2008, 10:32 AM
-"Buds gun shop this is Bud."

--"Hey...I want to buy that new super magnum...you know...the SUPER magnum."

-"derrr....what..are you a seal or something?"

--"This place sucks...I want a sweet super magnum....nevermind."

joe

RoadkingLarry
September 18, 2008, 10:36 AM
well, once upon a time roy boehm did indeed go around the navy and purchase .357's for his SEAL's, and got one of his five courtsmartial for it

Don't know about that but I do know that the SEALs that rode on my submarine in the Med in '89 all had S&W 686s as backup guns.

BruceRDucer
September 18, 2008, 10:46 AM
/

-"Buds gun shop this is Bud."

--"Hey...I want to buy that new super magnum...you know...the SUPER magnum."

-"derrr....what..are you a seal or something?"

--"This place sucks...I want a sweet super magnum....nevermind."

joe

Ho ho ho! Yeah, it really sucks when they don't give ya good service! LOL.

/

Aka Zero
September 18, 2008, 11:05 AM
Thought it went something like .500 sw, .460, .454 cassul. For the top three.

Might be off, but I thought .500 was at the top anyway....

Mr White
September 18, 2008, 12:16 PM
Hah! If they were REAL men they'd know about the 88 Magnum. :D

WAID
September 18, 2008, 01:15 PM
Everybody knows the most powerful handgun round is the .825 G&S OSM (http://www.chuckhawks.com/825_magnum.htm\)
I think I heard glock is coming out with a new pistol chambered for it, they may even beat the Deagle chambering.

Of course revolvers are for old guys but this is probably a distant second.

.600 NE Revolver (http://www.vincelewis.net/60magnum.html)

jdh
September 18, 2008, 01:26 PM
Wiki says there was a 357 Super Mag.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_magnum

highorder
September 18, 2008, 01:27 PM
Every time someome says "deagle" I die a little inside. :(

john917v
September 18, 2008, 02:18 PM
Deagle, is that a relative of the beagle? Haha.

Quiet
September 18, 2008, 04:24 PM
Shouldn't the title of this thread be... "more New York transh..MANSWERS", since Spike TV is based in New York not Hollywood.

cuervo
September 18, 2008, 05:25 PM
I'm surprised they didn't mention the .88 Magnum...so powerful it shoots through schools.

Seancass
September 18, 2008, 05:25 PM
DO NOT WATCH AT WORK.or when any other self respecting female is around. for some language, and some close up, fully clothed, chest footage.

the clip in question:

http://www.spike.com/video/what-is-worlds/3025894

p.s. it's entertaining and funny, so with the exception of the super mag, exaggerations of power, and the close ups, i almost liked it.

Dr. Tad Hussein Winslow
September 18, 2008, 05:53 PM
If you guys were actually former SEALs like me, then you'd know all about the .357 supermag - it's longer than a .444 Marlin and chambered in a top-secret auto pistol (the SWAT guy was wrong about it being a revolver). 180 gr @ 2,500 fps. Buncha gun noobs.....

I think that show gets their info from Future Weapons.

Justin
September 18, 2008, 06:06 PM
Manswers is to television as Maxim is to magazine publishing. It's a flashily-designed distraction aimed at the 18+ male demographic designed primarily to sell advertising.

Criticizing such a show for being factually inaccurate not only completely misses the entire point of the show, it's also a tremendous waste of time.

Gunnerpalace
September 18, 2008, 06:37 PM
Man, this is hilarious, hold on the "SWAT" guy is on..... Oh that is a M500 performance center edition (only way the recoil would be better), and it can stop a raging elephant, :D

On a side not it was good to see that the girls all had proper trigger control.

highorder
September 18, 2008, 10:44 PM
Awful.

deaconkharma
September 18, 2008, 10:46 PM
Every time someome says "d%$^le" I die a little inside.
Sorry I mentioned it but I figured some counterstrike dude was the consultant on that show and that I was surprised with the restraint in not using the word D%$^LE, pwn3d, or one of the others in the show. Sorry I used the word and killed a bit of you... does that happen when you use it?:neener:

"It's a flashily-designed distraction aimed at the 18+, 19- :D male demographic designed primarily to sell advertising."

Savage Shooter
September 18, 2008, 10:57 PM
who's paying attention to the guns;)
Manswers is only after one thing, women and clevage shots.:D

Army
September 19, 2008, 12:20 AM
I do believe, I am that much more stupid for watching it.

20nickels
October 5, 2008, 02:13 AM
Just saw this episode..... :D. Lovin every little bounce.

Catherine
October 5, 2008, 02:25 AM
I don't have tv reception and NEVER heard of this show.

I have heard of Spike Lee (? last name.).

Is this another show like "Cops" and all of those other 'reality shows'?

UGH.

I could not figure out one thing - then it dawned on me.

I could not figure out how a woman's chest giggled aka laughed. Jiggle aka bounce... ok I understand now.

Some men and boys go for those shows even if they do not tell the truth about guns or any other subject matter. It is the 'girl' or 'girls' that attract them.

Catherine

20nickels
October 5, 2008, 02:33 AM
"It is the 'girl' or 'girls' that attract them."

guilty

Hunter0924
October 5, 2008, 03:03 AM
Yea it is a ridiculous show.

loneviking
October 5, 2008, 03:24 AM
Ha, Ha---that Supermag has less recoil than my .357! As for the .500, I don't know if this gun is bigger, but it darn sure is impressive. I saw this beast at Scheels in Reno this last week:

http://www.magnumresearch.com/Expand.asp?ProductCode=BFR45-707

RDak
October 5, 2008, 07:34 AM
:D:D:D

The Lone Haranguer
October 5, 2008, 09:11 AM
IIRC there was a .357 SuperMag, a semi-wildcat cartridge for a model of Dan Wesson revolver. There was also a .445 SuperMag. The revolver had an elongated frame and cylinder to accommodate them.

Somehow, though, I don't think the show (which I have not seen) is really about firearms trivia. ;)

jonmerritt
October 5, 2008, 11:27 AM
Never watch it, never will. Even the history channel gets it wrong VERY often

Pure Kustom
October 5, 2008, 01:54 PM
God so many guys seem upset. It was just a show. Here is a life line back to reality ...........well it still might be fantasy.:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3rezRFjoQU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq2536ay1VI&feature=related

Pure Kustom
October 5, 2008, 02:12 PM
DO NOT WATCH AT WORK.or when any other self respecting female is around. for some language, and some close up, fully clothed, chest footage.

the clip in question:

http://www.spike.com/video/what-is-worlds/3025894

p.s. it's entertaining and funny, so with the exception of the super mag, exaggerations of power, and the close ups, i almost liked it.

Ok I will have to admit. I did enjoy watching there recoil testers. http://www.klubkustoms.com/cms/smf/Smileys/default/Popcorn.gif

freedom lover
October 5, 2008, 02:13 PM
Some men and boys go for those shows even if they do not tell the truth about guns or any other subject matter. It is the 'girl' or 'girls' that attract them.

Exactly. Where else will I to get to see cleavage bounce from recoil?
Women shooting guns is cool.

As for the links in the above post, it would be alot cooler if they had a show where women were taught to shoot safely and accuratly, and the women were'nt mostly unstable models. Of course, after that they would get to shoot FA's.

By the way, someone did make a handgun in .50 BMG, but I don't think it will ever be for sale at anyones shop.

NG VI
October 5, 2008, 03:09 PM
By the way, someone did make a handgun in .50 BMG, but I don't think it will ever be for sale at anyones shop.

Maadi-Griffin?

freedom lover
October 5, 2008, 03:22 PM
I think one was made called the Thunder too.

The guy who made the Maadi-Griffin was taken away in chains by the Feds. :fire::fire:

He may not have registered it as a destructive device.

Here's an article: http://airbornecombatengineer.typepad.com/airborne_combat_engineer/2005/01/the_maadi_griff.html

Highland Ranger
October 5, 2008, 04:03 PM
recoil measured by breast displacement . . . . . . excellent

ColinthePilot
October 5, 2008, 04:33 PM
I've watched the show a couple times and it can be entertaining. I didn't see the clip until now, and I was under the impression that they were calling the .357 super ultra power mag or whatever they called it, the biggest handgun. They actually called the .500 S&W Mag the biggest, which may not be technically true, but its probably the largest you can get for less than the price of a Harley.

Doc_Jude
December 19, 2008, 01:57 AM
Dick Marcinko said repeatedly in his book "Rogue Warrior" that he purchased stainless steel S&W 66's (.357 Magnum) for Seal Team Six when he started things up. From what he said about their range time, from dry fire to live fire, it looked like they followed Ed McGivern's "Double Action Revolver for Law Enforcement" training model. They even used the "playing card" exercise, double tapping index cards.. Needless to say, those boys could probably shoot pretty well, esp with those tack-driving 66's.

Edit: It would make sense that later Seals would move up from the six rnd 66's to the seven rnd 686's. Stainless Steel for maritime environments, triggers and actions smithed by Seal Team armorers, with some serious accuracy. Man, I'd love to have one of those...

Gunnerpalace
December 19, 2008, 04:41 PM
By the way, someone did make a handgun in .50 BMG

YES!

It's from an old "birdman" joke ad but they shoot it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8YGfC6955s&feature=channel_page

Shameless self-promotion :D

Sinixstar
December 19, 2008, 05:00 PM
http://www.chuckhawks.com/825_magnum.htm

LOL - that was good.

Darkness
December 19, 2008, 05:29 PM
I had Spike on this past weekend watching UFC stuff when Manswers came on. I sort of watched it while on the computer and noticed this episode was on. They did mention that they determined the largest handgun with the condition that it be available to the general public as a production piece.

There were some other things said, sort of, I think, but there were visual distractions, so I missed a lot of it.

plinky
December 19, 2008, 06:27 PM
I watched this a while back out of morbid curiousity. I was prepared to disagree with their conclusion but they did specify factory production handguns. You can get more power in a .45/70 with handloads but you can't blame them for not knowing that. A long barreled .450 Marlin may be close. Dunno.

In fact, other than the .357 Supermag thing, the facts were pretty accurate. And now I know the best way to measure recoil.

Scratchy
December 19, 2008, 07:19 PM
I love Manswers but not for the information.

XD Fan
December 20, 2008, 03:52 AM
I watched about 30 seconds of that clip, and I swear I felt brain cells dying. There has got to be somewhere you can look at attractive women and guns without losing IQ points.

FoMoGo
December 20, 2008, 07:59 PM
If that is how you judge recoil... by how much the boobs bounce...
I tell ya what... I put that .44 to shame... :D

Jim

lel
January 6, 2010, 12:55 AM
I thought the body jiggle illustrated beautifully the difference in recoil between 44 and S&W 500. You may recall also watching the weapons as they were fired and the difference in hand jump was obvious. The commentator also mentioned S&W's design feature to lesson the effect of recoil from the behemoth gun, venting to one side. All in all, very entertaining and informative.

Larry Ashcraft
January 6, 2010, 08:20 AM
Not sure how this trashy thread ever got past us last year, but it sure isn't going to come back.

If you enjoyed reading about "more holly wood trash..MANSWERS" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!