New to Reloading. Good deal or not?

PDA

acmax95
September 18, 2008, 03:52 PM
I have been wanting to get into reloading for awhile and found this ad in some local classifieds. Does this seem like a good deal?

"I have a Lee Anniversary kit for sale. This kit comes complete with everything to load .40 ammo. I have the turret style press, carbide dies, primers, bullets, powder, brass, scale, measuring devices, reloading book, etc.

Everything is new and has never been used.

I will take $150 for everything listed in a FTF transaction."

If you enjoyed reading about "New to Reloading. Good deal or not?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Smaug
September 18, 2008, 04:03 PM
Yes, especially if it is local and you don't have to pay shipping or HazMat fees.

DWARREN123
September 18, 2008, 04:45 PM
I would jump on it after an inspection.

Hutch
September 18, 2008, 06:03 PM
depending the amount of powder, the number of bullets, primers, cases, this could be a stupendous deal.

jhansman
September 18, 2008, 08:04 PM
If it is in good condition, it's a good deal. Even if it only serves as a starter kit, you'll find out very quickly if reloading is for you. I've been using my Lee Anniversary kit for 18 months now, and it still serves my needs quite well.

Walkalong
September 18, 2008, 08:13 PM
Great way to get started.

VegasOPM
September 19, 2008, 12:11 AM
Eventually the Lee kit will become a "prototype load" press or somesuch- prepare to become addicted- that is a good deal.

SASS#23149
September 19, 2008, 12:15 AM
well, did u buy it? :)

If you enjoyed reading about "New to Reloading. Good deal or not?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!