I Told Myself, "No More Hanguns For Awhile." Whatever.

PDA

Phydeaux642
September 18, 2008, 05:47 PM
Well, I told myself that I wasn't going to buy any more handguns for awhile. I told myself that I had plenty to keep me busy, especially now that I have been shooting mostly .22lr. Apparently, I don't listen.

I stopped into one of my favorite shops today to look at .22 rifles. The 'pusher' behind the counter said that he had something for me to look at that they had just got in. He knows that I really like revolvers and uses this to his advantage. He wanted to show me a S&W 13-3 with a 3" bbl. I asked, "What's the price." "$275", he said. So, I put some money down on it and walked out the door shaking my head.

If you enjoyed reading about "I Told Myself, "No More Hanguns For Awhile." Whatever." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Old Fuff
September 18, 2008, 05:58 PM
"Phydeaux, bad dog....no biscuit!"

What the $##&@!! do you need a 3" model 13 for??? :evil: :evil: :cool:

Phydeaux642
September 18, 2008, 06:02 PM
What the $##&@!! do you need a 3" model 13 for???

I was asking myself that same question as I was walking out the door shaking my head. The best that I could come up with was that I didn't have one.

Old Fuff
September 18, 2008, 06:18 PM
You're missing half the fun.... :uhoh:

I did exactly the same thing a while back. :D

Hawk
September 18, 2008, 06:42 PM
I'm envious.

Haven't seen one of those around here. In fact, I don't recall seeing a model 65 around here.

Lots of 66s but 13s, 19s and 65s are sparse. At least where I hang out.

Brian Williams
September 18, 2008, 07:29 PM
13s are unlucky, send it to me, then I could have 2 to make them a 26.
I would give you $300 right now.

Fat Boy
September 18, 2008, 08:01 PM
Funny how this process seems to be fairly common among gun owners...maybe if we set up some type of "round robin" whereby we all traded guns with each other for, say 2 week periods of time, after which we would rotate the guns around, and so forth....nah; that would take the fun out of "impulse buying":)

Schmidlin
September 18, 2008, 08:53 PM
and some of you would have no guns by round 2 of that whole scenario.......

DAdams
September 18, 2008, 10:31 PM
Any Smith and Wesson with a 3 inch barrel has a built in Sirens' Song.

You were doomed before you walked in the door. The "pusher" had your number and he knew it. Kizmet I say, only in a parallel universe could the outcome have come out differently.

Now where are the damn pictures. :neener:

MikeWSC
September 19, 2008, 12:03 AM
Its terrible, and I know how bad you feel. I said the same thing, really, I've got all I want.... Picked a Colt Officers .22 tuesday :banghead: :rolleyes:. I really really don't need anything else.:scrutiny:

Now let see it!!!

Catherine
September 19, 2008, 12:21 AM
Congrats!

SWEET.

Catherine

Jayhawker
September 19, 2008, 12:49 PM
I did that and then bought two .38 Specials. You can't have just one, I guess.

Pete

easyrider6042004@yahoo.ca
September 19, 2008, 01:24 PM
I Told Myself, "No More Hanguns For Awhile." Whatever.

Don't be too hard on yourself. You never said how long your "awhile" would be.

rondog
September 19, 2008, 01:43 PM
Yeah Phydeaux, put that crack pipe down and walk away from it. You can do it!

Surrrrrre ya can, just like we ALL can........

DAdams
September 19, 2008, 01:48 PM
not been in a gun shop for 172 days.

I was even in Gander Mountain the other day and didn't impulse purchase any ammo. But I meant to. Brick of .22LR.

harmonic
September 19, 2008, 02:18 PM
No More Hanguns For Awhile

Yeah, me too. Hanguns are awfully depressing. They drop the guy with that rope around his neck. It hits bottom and snaps and his tongue is all hanging out.

No more hanguns for me, either.

Now, handguns, that's maybe a different story.

Phydeaux642
September 19, 2008, 05:12 PM
Quote:
No More Hanguns For Awhile

Yeah, me too. Hanguns are awfully depressing. They drop the guy with that rope around his neck. It hits bottom and snaps and his tongue is all hanging out.

No more hanguns for me, either.

Now, handguns, that's maybe a different story.

I fixed it. See what I mean, though? I'm was so disgusted with myself that I lost my ability to spell.:D

jdomin
September 19, 2008, 05:26 PM
dejavu

easyrider6042004@yahoo.ca
September 19, 2008, 05:29 PM
Repeat after me,

"Hi, my name is _________, and I am a gun-aholic"

jonmerritt
September 21, 2008, 08:51 PM
I have the same affliction, put money down on a 38 spcl, my wife wants it for her ccw. blued with gold parts, it matches her Bersa 380. sigh

Noxx
September 21, 2008, 09:33 PM
No more handguns for a while?

Just like I went to an auction for one thing this weekend right?

Six lots later.....

D.A.C.
September 21, 2008, 09:36 PM
I just picked up a bobbed hammer 3 inch M13 for $230 two weeks ago. This week it was a near mint 17-4 with box, cleaning kit, etc. for $400.

hoosier8
September 21, 2008, 09:47 PM
I started talking to my daughter about pistols and she said, "Dad, you said you weren't going to buy anymore." To which I replied, "Well at least not this year." So I have something to look forward to next year!

Shawnee
September 21, 2008, 09:50 PM
I don't have too many handguns. I just need four more hands.

;)

bearmgc
September 21, 2008, 09:53 PM
No more handguns for awhile.........yeah right.

If you enjoyed reading about "I Told Myself, "No More Hanguns For Awhile." Whatever." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!