best deal on ammo

PDA

spuscg
September 18, 2008, 07:39 PM
whats the best deal i can get in bulk? i heard you can buy by the case but have no idea how big a case is or how much birdshots gonna cost since most local stores sell in boxes of 25

If you enjoyed reading about "best deal on ammo" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Milkmaster
September 18, 2008, 07:52 PM
WalMart sells the cheap stuff in a four box pack of 100 for about $21 around here. A "flat" of shells I see usually has 10 boxes of 25 = 250. I can get those at the gun range for about $51. Again that is bargain ammo in 7 1/2 or #8 shot. The bird doesn't seem to notice the difference! Still dead!

evbutler462
September 18, 2008, 08:02 PM
I seldom use anything else. I have a few heavy loads when squirrel hunting for when the trees are very tall and I'm a distance away. I probably don't shoot a half box a year of heavy loads. There is very little out there that can't be taken with the el cheapos. Waterfowlers might need to use heavy loads. I am not a waterfowler so 99% of my shooting is with Walmart specials and for some reason I have pretty good luck. I even pheasant hunt with 1 1/8 oz el cheapos. The game can't seem to tell the difference.

FLRon
September 18, 2008, 08:49 PM
Here is a link I use to find ammo deals.

http://www.gun-deals.com/ammo.php

Good luck.

Rmac58
September 19, 2008, 01:07 AM
I would just provide the same info as the above.

distra
September 19, 2008, 01:11 AM
Dick's Sporting goods had 12 & 20ga #8,#9 for $56/case then a $10 Remington mail-in rebate, $46/case is not bad at all.

Famine
September 19, 2008, 11:16 PM
Here is a link I use to find ammo deals.

http://www.gun-deals.com/ammo.php

I went to this site, and found everything I was looking for to be red flagged. I was just curious, from those that are familiar with the site, if that was normal?

If you enjoyed reading about "best deal on ammo" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!