New SA 1911 A1

PDA

Hamonrye
September 9, 2003, 12:16 AM
My new baby!!
http://home.comcast.net/~gvisions/1911a1.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "New SA 1911 A1" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
boing
September 9, 2003, 03:41 AM
Is it new production, or just new to you? The frame looks like the older, blocky type, before they switched back to the "Colt dimensions".

Anyway, it looks pretty stylin'. :D

Tamara
September 9, 2003, 03:46 AM
What kind of wood are those grips? Who makes them?

AK103K
September 9, 2003, 05:54 AM
Is it new production, or just new to you? The frame looks like the older, blocky type, before they switched back to the "Colt dimensions".
I just got a brand new WWII mil-spec. It has the same blocky frame. Its a little better in the grip than my Loaded, but they still dont relieve the frame forward of the trigger guard like Colt does. They definitely dont use "Colt dimensions".

10-Ring
September 9, 2003, 11:00 AM
congrats! ;) Did those grips come w/ the gun or did you put those on, they really do add to the gun's appearance.

Master Blaster
September 9, 2003, 03:22 PM
Looks like a loaded to me not a 1911A1, I bought the 1911A1 Mil spec last December and they were using the colt rounded frame on the 2002 production guns.

The one in the picture has a skeletonized hammer, my milspec has a bobbed standard hammer,

you also have a high rise grip safety and an aluminium trigger, the 1911A1 has standard grip safety, and a short steel trigger, sights on the gun pictured are also wrong.

This looks like a loaded that is at least a couple of years old.

Its still a nice pistol though.

AK103K
September 9, 2003, 05:22 PM
The "Loaded" is a 1911-A1, it just has more bells and whistles. Mine is marked "Model 1911-A1 Cal .45" on the slide. Mine is also parked, not blue.

GSB
September 9, 2003, 05:49 PM
Those grip panels are sweet!

Hamonrye
September 9, 2003, 06:04 PM
Thanks for all of the great comments!! I make my own grips. They are Afzelia burl. I bought the gun from a friend unfired. The slide says 1911 A1. I was interested in possbily trading for one in 9mm. But I still haven't made up my mind. If something comes along I might. If you want a pair of grips let me know. I made a set out of Mesquite and they look fantastic but they really need to be on a SS not blued.

If you enjoyed reading about "New SA 1911 A1" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!