Which guns can lead to your "Man Card" getting pulled?

PDA

Maelstrom
September 18, 2008, 09:43 PM
Shooting is often depicted as a macho sport (of course some people will argue this but that doesn't make it any less true). But, hey, let's face it, not ALL guns are cool. In fact, I'd wager there are some guns you would NEVER let your friends see you shoot.

I'll start off with these:

-ANY pistol or revolver which says "Ladysmith" in cute little cursive writing is definitely good for at least a Man Card suspension.

-If you get caught shooting one of those hot pink Crickett .22s, you can expect a full revocation of your Man Card, at least until you do something seriously macho (like build a 50 foot bonfire, or kill an insurgent.....with a garrote....in front of all his little insurgent friends..........then when he dies and gets to his 72 virgins he finds out you got all their numbers already)

This is the man thread. No whining about guns that are ugly or unreliable. Only cold hard statements. Which guns would you never be caught dead shooting in front of your friends.

If you enjoyed reading about "Which guns can lead to your "Man Card" getting pulled?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
nalioth
September 18, 2008, 09:49 PM
I'm not sure the point of this thread.

I buy the guns I like and shoot them.

It doesn't matter if they're hot pink or marked "LadySmith".

(pssst, in fact, some of those "LadySmith" marked guns make great CCW pieces).

Is there some reason you bring up "man card revocation" ?

P.S. IBTL

damien
September 18, 2008, 09:55 PM
I expect a lock in 1,2,3...

But I will say that I have a few small guns that might be considered girly (NAA mini revolver, .22 beretta model 21, an American Derringer Corp gun that the "Lady Derringer" used to advertise in gun mags), but I won't do anything with hot colors or the words "lady" on it.

Of course, I have a S&W Performance Center .500 also, so hopefully that is offsetting.

tigre
September 18, 2008, 09:57 PM
Manhood must be rather tenuous if it's at risk because you're shooting the "wrong gun." Personally, I prefer men who don't care what other people think. I don't know if that's exactly a masculine trait, but it is an attractive one.

Maelstrom
September 18, 2008, 10:03 PM
Manhood must be rather tenuous if it's at risk because you're shooting the "wrong gun."

There are certain things that you never do in front of your friends, like cry or ride a moped for example. You'll never live it down. I'm looking for the firearm equivalent.

jakemccoy
September 18, 2008, 10:06 PM
I make a motion that we remove the man card of any person who refuses to relax while inside the man cave.

I also make a motion that we remove the man card of a person whose reason for carrying only a .22 derringer is because "the light recoil allows for better shot placement."

http://i35.tinypic.com/wrkm0i.jpg

Maelstrom
September 18, 2008, 10:08 PM
Incidentally, the thread is supposed to be humorous, but some of you seem to really be struggling with it. If our lives are so bereft of humor that we can't see it slapping us in the face then perhaps I should shut this thread down myself.

Halo
September 18, 2008, 10:09 PM
According to El Guapo's men, the Three Amigos carried sissy guns.

http://www.alicia-logic.com/capsimages/3a_040LuckyBullet.jpg

streakr
September 18, 2008, 10:10 PM
Starting a thread like this should get your "man card" revoked and thrown out of the "man cave"!

Just be glad yer "man sac" ain't being recalled!!! :-)

s

Harvster
September 18, 2008, 10:13 PM
There are different types of humor and usually, sexist sort of stuff doesn't cut it here on THR.

ColinthePilot
September 18, 2008, 10:13 PM
IBTL

I would have to qualify any Man Card suspensions according to the reason you're shooting said "girly gun." If a manly man is shooting a pink cricket while instructing his daughter, whom he bought the rifle for, I consider that plenty manly. However, if a single guy is sporting an AR setup with all pink furniture, that might qualify. For the most part, though, I consider guns to be pretty gender neutral.

lee n. field
September 18, 2008, 10:15 PM
ANY pistol or revolver which says "Ladysmith" in cute little cursive writing is definitely good for at least a Man Car suspension.

Would not, myself, mind having a Ladysmith wheelgun.

Now a pink Taurus, that will get you're gender marked as "ambiguous" (and we don't want that, do we).

SamG.
September 18, 2008, 10:16 PM
Humor is good-- this in my opinion is girly. C'mon show some guns!

http://home.earthlink.net/~ttursine/images/dk_bl_P32.JPG

usmarine0352_2005
September 18, 2008, 10:21 PM

Any 9mm.

SamG.
September 18, 2008, 10:29 PM
The 9mm isn't girly! :D I'm sure its possible to survive a 124 grain bullet going at 1295 fps with 462 ftlbs while mushrooming in the brain :evil::rolleyes:

bannockburn
September 18, 2008, 10:31 PM
Maelstrom

Not sure where you're going with this; as for myself and my friends, we'll shoot pretty much anything that we can afford and can find ammunition for. Size, caliber, or nameplate really don't matter. I mean as long as it goes bang, and has a fair amount of intrinsic accuracy (extreme reliabilty and durability are absolute necessities); who cares what it's "manhood factor" is. On a more personal note, I simply find most of these pink colored guns to be some of the most horrible shades of pink I've ever seen on a commercial product. And that includes those Mary Kay Cosmetics Cadillacs as well.

d906670
September 18, 2008, 10:37 PM
Any glock or other poly gun, if you can't carry steel your man card needs to be reevaluated.:neener:

Scratchy
September 18, 2008, 10:42 PM
Plastic 9mm's
anything that fires .25acp

VARifleman
September 18, 2008, 10:42 PM
However, if a single guy is sporting an AR setup with all pink furniture, that might qualify.
No, that man is a true warrior, he isn't caught up in this blacktical crap.

azredhawk44
September 18, 2008, 10:43 PM
If you're a man and you're shooting a:

1. Pink AR
2. AK with Kalishnakitty stickers on it

And your daughter or niece isn't around, that's a man card revocation.:p

If you're a man and your wife/girlfriend is shooting a bigger caliber than you... more accurately... that's a man card revocation.:neener:

If you're a man and your wife/girlfriend carries her CCW to protect YOU and you don't carry at all, that's a man card revocation.:eek:

Tom Servo
September 18, 2008, 10:43 PM
Manhood must be rather tenuous if it's at risk because you're shooting the "wrong gun."
133 posts in, and the man speaks true wisdom.

I like shooting "mouse guns" from time to time. If anyone chooses to take umbrage (to the point I might care), they're welcome to take the same gun and attempt to out-shoot me.

If they win, I'll write "Man Card" on a piece of paper, then tear it up.

If they don't, I have the rather dubious honor of having showed up someone whose opinion I couldn't have cared less about in the first place.

Dunno, but if I saw a guy carrying a pink gun, my first thought would be, "now THAT'S a man with absolutely no need to prove anything whatsoever!" :)

Savage Shooter
September 18, 2008, 10:47 PM
.25 raven
youth hot pink cricket .22
almost any 10/22(exeption highly modified barely Recognizable ones):neener:

Chuck Spears
September 18, 2008, 10:47 PM
I refuse to shoot bullets that are less than half an inch in diameter.

usmarine0352_2005
September 18, 2008, 10:48 PM
The 9mm isn't girly!

Just keep telling yourself that as you cry yourself to sleep.

;-)

Chuck Spears
September 18, 2008, 10:52 PM
My favorite pizza toppings are pepperoni and 9mm bullets.

Phydeaux642
September 18, 2008, 10:59 PM
I tried to track down one of the pink Charter Arms snubbies. I wanted one like the one reviewed on Gunblast - it was called "The Pink B**ch" and said so right on the barrel. Charter Arms never released it in this configuration that I could find, but changed it to "The Pink Lady".

spuscg
September 18, 2008, 10:59 PM
if you refuse to fire a gun because "its too big" or "the recoil would hurt" then its revoked

Maelstrom
September 18, 2008, 11:01 PM
Certain men can even get a little leeway on their Man Card status.

As a Marine my man card is branded directly into my spine.

You could pull Chuck Norris' Man Card.....but he'd just kick you in half and take it back......and yours, too.

ASM826
September 18, 2008, 11:01 PM
only if my wife brought it to the range. Kinda like holding her handbag while she tries on clothes.
http://www.taurususa.com/images/imagesMain/PP22NG.jpg

Double Naught Spy
September 18, 2008, 11:18 PM
This is the man thread. No whining about guns that are ugly or unreliable. Only cold hard statements. Which guns would you never be caught dead shooting in front of your friends.

Cold hard statement? If you are so unsure of your sexuality that you need positive reaffirmation from strangers on the internet because of your personal choices in shooting, then you need to go find some gradeschooler and get a cootie shot and get over it.

There are certain things that you never do in front of your friends, like cry or ride a moped for example.
I don't think 'friends' means what you think it means.

Halo
September 18, 2008, 11:20 PM
Wow, some of you are literally sitting on diamond mines!

Chuck Spears
September 18, 2008, 11:24 PM
People are too sensitive these days to have this honest conversation.

oklahoma caveman
September 18, 2008, 11:34 PM
people come on. just think humor. its what you usta laugh about. remember? what comedians try to do? ringing any bells?

personally i think a large frame man shooting a mousegun is odd but no need for revocation, maybe just a new test to renew the man card the next time.

the pink guns i hafta agree with. thats just wrong unless as stated your with your wife/sister/daughter.

KiltedClaymore
September 18, 2008, 11:38 PM
if anything, NOT shooting guns is the way your man card gets revoked. the exception to this statement is if the non-shooter is really good at something else cool. like surfing, skydiving, free climbing tall cliffs, martial arts, ect.

tigre
September 18, 2008, 11:42 PM
I'm a girl, actually. Sorry for intruding on the sausage fest, but it is amusing.

Dunno, but if I saw a guy carrying a pink gun, my first thought would be, "now THAT'S a man with absolutely no need to prove anything whatsoever!"
I think that would be my thought as well. These discussions always make me think of my ex-boyfriend, who is a Marine, a black belt in Hapkido, and also listens to Elton John and thinks mopeds are really fun (and they are!). I guess he's not worried about his "man card."

I would want anything to do with that pink Taurus ASM826 posted either though, it's just ugly.

Loomis
September 18, 2008, 11:47 PM
uh, lady smith revolvers are not girly. There's even some k-frame variations wih the "ladysmith" name on them. They are actually VERY nice revolvers.

A girly gun is one that seems to be designed for petite hands. Kahr fit's that description. Although I do have one of those as well.

Chuck Spears
September 18, 2008, 11:52 PM
I listen to Elton John.

Chuck Spears
September 18, 2008, 11:54 PM
On an iPod mini.

tigre
September 19, 2008, 12:00 AM
I listen to Elton John.
Just don't do it while crying, or riding a moped, or shooting a tiny pink pistol. Definitely don't do all four of those things at once.

dmazur
September 19, 2008, 12:01 AM
I would be totally impressed with someone who followed range safety procedures, shot some awesome groups at 200 yds, answered some questions from newcomers, cleaned up his brass, cleaned and cased his rifles and quietly went about his business without bragging.

If I happened to see he had a pink rifle, I'd still be impressed.

ltetmhs
September 19, 2008, 12:01 AM
Smokeless powder is girly. Real men shoot black powder.

Kind of kidding I love em both.

oklahoma caveman
September 19, 2008, 12:02 AM
Sorry for intruding on the sausage fest

ROTFLMAO:D
i havent heard that term in years

romma
September 19, 2008, 12:05 AM
anything that fires .25acp

A .25 handgun came really close to putting my lights out for good when I was 14 yrs old... Shot Placement!!

On a side note, picture this headline:

"Home Invader Shot And Arrested By Victim With LadySmith".

Take the man card from the thug!

Mickstix
September 19, 2008, 12:11 AM
Maelstrom, next time you decide to start a humor thread, I guess you need to put a disclaimer in the title.. This place has more "sticks in the mud" than any forums I visit.. Some of you guys need to take a serious chill pill, relax and have a little fun once in a while!! Or perhaps you need to take out your little pink guns and shoot off some steam.. :D

jakk280rem
September 19, 2008, 12:13 AM
i can hear the engine pitch change to a high whine as this thread plummets to the earth.

as to being to manly to shoot a ladysmith, i like them alot. the grips are more concealably and the trigger pull is lighter.

PotatoJudge
September 19, 2008, 12:16 AM
How about the guy that wants a light recoiling elk gun because the 30-06 hurts his wittle shoulder. I mean, come on, the elk is dying for you and you won't do all you can to make it quick because of a little recoil.

Or perhaps you need to take out your little pink guns and shoot off some steam..

oh snap

MikeG
September 19, 2008, 12:18 AM
Quote:
I listen to Elton John.

Just don't do it while crying, or riding a moped, or shooting a tiny pink pistol. Definitely don't do all four of those things at once.

Now there's a funny mental image! :D

elChupacabra!
September 19, 2008, 12:22 AM
yah Maelstrom I hear u bud any pink gun being shot by a dude IS girly and totallly deserves revocation of the Man Card... with the disclaimer that if you're teaching a wife / girlfriend / daughter / female relative/friend, it's ok :)

Now with that said too many posters here are drinkin the h8torade and had better quit it, I'm on your side bud :)

But still, just for good measure, IBTL :)

Geno
September 19, 2008, 12:28 AM
Given the fact that my 14-year-old daughter has had considerable input into what firearms I have collected, I find this thread comical. :p For my part, I like my NAA .22LR as much as I like my Bushmaster pistol. :neener: I guess that makes me a girlie-man. Oh yeah, and those little pink guns, if anyone likes them, I hope they buy them...it just means more shootists.

Good try at humor, but likely not the right place.

Doc2005

chetth
September 19, 2008, 12:37 AM
My response would go something like this: If it's too girly to shoot, it must be OK to get shot with it.... so you stand right where you are and I'll start shooting at you with the small calibers and work my way up until you tell me you don't want to get shot by it. Now where's my .17 HMR? Hey, where'd you go?

Ben Shepherd
September 19, 2008, 12:49 AM
This is a "fun" gun thread not serious. Lighten up.

I have a few:

With handguns, no caliber less than .400, unless it ends in the term magnum.(22's are the lone exeption, too many memories to ignore, plus you gotta start your son somewhere).

If you EVER pop off at the range about another guys lack of whatever(group size, small gun, etc.)- Be prepared to whip him at it to back up your mouth. Or you have to give him your man card and go back 2 spaces.

Add to the Elton John, I-pod mini, scooter thing a RIDICULOUS looking brain bucket. There it is, folks. Worse is death.

myrockfight
September 19, 2008, 12:49 AM
How about the guy that wants a light recoiling elk gun because the 30-06 hurts his wittle shoulder. I mean, come on, the elk is dying for you and you won't do all you can to make it quick because of a little recoil.

I 100% agree. It grinds me to hear people complain about a .30-06 or equivalent in relation to kick. I just don't understand it. It isn't that bad. If I could take it when I was 12 and not be concerned with it, you would think a grown man could handle his business with one. At 12 I was only 140 lbs. Not very big at all and wirey.

Hell. Use a recoil pad or something. Just don't come on here crying about how harsh it is to full grown men.

And personally, I don't care what color gun you have. Just so you have one. You get your man card revoked if you don't think there is a need to own a gun....forever.

RaspberrySurprise
September 19, 2008, 01:13 AM
There is no room for shame in my heart, any man trying to revoke my man card better be willing to fight to the death over it.

Archie
September 19, 2008, 01:57 AM
Any 9x19 made of plastic comes to mind. Unless one is FORCED to carry one by one's employer, like I am.

Cheap 25 ACP pistols are unmanly, unless it is supressed and one carries it as one's principle weapon into foreign countries with plans of doing in evil doers and enemies of one's homeland.

.32 ACP pistols are pretty sissy. Except for 1903 Colt Pocket Pistols; but one must wear a fedora and smoke non-filtered cigarettes.

Anything with rhinestones in the grips. Pearl handles are pretty dang close to the edge, too.

GRB
September 19, 2008, 02:18 AM
The whole idea behind tis thread is rather sexist, isn't it? Guns a man thing, macho and all that. heck this is the 21st century, not the 19th.

Frank Ettin
September 19, 2008, 02:24 AM
There are certain things that you never do in front of your friends, like cry or ride a moped for example. You'll never live it down...
I guess I have better friends.

Dope
September 19, 2008, 02:26 AM
I believe that getting offended by this thread is cause for revocation of the man card.

Dope

KiltedClaymore
September 19, 2008, 02:27 AM
y'all better duck quick, cause theres a lock-bomb incoming!

ibtl...again

Halo
September 19, 2008, 02:32 AM
I can't speak for the OP but I thought the whole idea was a humorous gun-oriented spoof on how practically any group of male friends indulge in a near continuous ripping on each other, you know, addressing the group as "Ladies", or "keep your skirt on dude", and such. I believe Hollywood calls this "bromance".

Maelstrom, you need sensitivity training!

Stevie-Ray
September 19, 2008, 02:45 AM
The whole idea behind tis thread is rather sexist, isn't it? Guns a man thing, macho and all that. heck this is the 21st century, not the 19th.Careful. Talk of sexism (unless in a dirty joke) anywhere near a man cave, is cause for suspension of man card.;)

Thernlund
September 19, 2008, 02:53 AM
My morning breakfast...

http://208.106.149.12/pictures/tactical_breakfast.jpg

-T.

Tom Servo
September 19, 2008, 03:13 AM
I'm a girl, actually. Sorry for intruding on the sausage fest, but it is amusing.
Allow me to offer my apologies, tempered with a humble request for a new keyboard. :)

I'm a skinny guy, and I walk with a bit of a limp from an old injury. Certainly not the most macho or imposing sort.

I'm not sure what the whole John Wayne School of Machismo stuff is about, but so far, I've managed to handle .500S&W Magnum with far more aplomb than guys who claim to be big, sweaty REAL MEN.

They claim it hurts. I think it's the most fun I can have with my pants on. .416 Rigby is pushing it for me, but if Sarah Palin's along for the ride, I'll gladly take a bruised shoulder!

J Star
September 19, 2008, 03:28 AM
Dear God, don't try to revoke their man card for shooting pink guns, they might slap you and call you a sexist neanderthal. Gay people like guns too! :evil:

BTW - This whole ultra-sterilized, don't you dare say what you really think, pussy footing around is what's wrong with the damn country to begin with. I find it hysterical that on a gun board people complain about politicians taking gun rights, but jump on the same bandwagon with those politicians and their PC bull****.

230RN
September 19, 2008, 04:45 AM
With hanguns, no caliber less than .400, unless it ends in the term magnum.(22's are the lone exeption, too many memories to ignore, plus you gotta start your son somewhere).

"Hanguns?"

"Ach, zo... a liddle zlip uf the tongue, there...und tell me a liddle more aboudt your mother."

Mp7
September 19, 2008, 04:53 AM
http://web.tiscali.it/ladiesweapons/immagini/pistole/Caroline.jpg

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:hYMAWIpJXsRQVM:http://img.timeinc.net/time/europe/photoessays/riallo/pinkgrenade.jpg

...heck, i´d probably enjoy taking those to the range...

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:co-55D76zD44rM:http://www.criativity.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/antonio-riello.jpghttp://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:Ix1UdASpqD7a_M:http://xirdal.lmu.de/xirdalium/xpix/riellorifles.png

..cause in the end: it counts wether you hit your target :neener:

fizik
September 19, 2008, 05:13 AM
lol, great fun in here! :D

I think whining about recoil, missing paper at 25 yards, or using a smartcarry holster underpants thing-a-ma-jig should be an issue. :D

Kragax
September 19, 2008, 06:49 AM
I have a pink cricket. Bought to teach my 10 yr old daughter to shoot, we were at the club and I was monkeying around with the sights and she started laughing. I asked her what she was laughing at, she said "you, you look silly with that big pistol on your belt and a little pink rifle in you hands" Ya gotta love 'em

LKB3rd
September 19, 2008, 06:54 AM
There are certain things that you never do in front of your friends, like cry or ride a moped for example. You'll never live it down. I'm looking for the firearm equivalent.
I ride a scooter lol! I don't care what people think, and I find this attitude to be funny... I ride it with a .45 in my waistband :) So, Tigre, are you single? :P
I would never shoot a "hello Kitty" ar though, so I am not sure what to make of that. I guess I am probably on man card probation, pending review by the board :)

hso
September 19, 2008, 06:59 AM
Childish concept.

Never ride a scooter? Enjoy the hotel and Big Macs like zillions of other tourist zombies when you visit Jamaica then.

Never cry in front of your friends? Only little boys believe this one. You better hope you have real men around you to cry with you when family starts to pass away or when you saw the towers fall in NY.

Some guns not "manly"? Hold the targets and we'll find out what qualifies.

Deus Machina
September 19, 2008, 07:13 AM
Revoking a Man Card is a major deal, and you can't go doing that left and right. But plenty of things can get it suspended.

If you refuse to shoot anything because of the recoil--suspension until you man up and shoot it. Doesn't mean you have to buy the thing.

Pink guns--no man should own one*. Gay men might get an exception, but the gay community generally thinks that a pink gun is tacky.
At the very least, pink must be accented by or the accent to stainless; pink with blued metal is a fashion faux pas.
*If you do own one, your card cannot be suspended if the only people to ever see it are unable to tell someone you have it.

Related: carrying a Ladysmith is acceptable only on the condition that you have named it. 'Kelly' does not count, nor does 'Carol' after the date that Mr. Shelby was accepted into the Man Hall Of Fame.

Carrying a 'mouse gun' without the knowledge that you can do the job with it.

Crying in front of other men is banned in most circumstances. Exceptions is to the death of an entire favored sports team or for family members on the condition you vow vengeance. Yes, it's acceptable to vow revenge against a disease after your third drink.

Elton John gets a strike--leave a disc for your friends to hear three times and you have to erase strikes with Metallica, AC/DC, Johnny Cash, etc. Boy bands are one of the few things to get your card instantly revoked.

Moped and scooters are acceptable, if you're goofing off. Helmets must be worn goofily or not at all, because you shouldn't be in traffic at the time where more people see you. Owning one gets your card suspended until you put the motor from a Harley Davidson, four-wheeled vehicle, or (with a bit of luck to doing it right) the motor from a race bike of 750cc or larger on it. It's just easier not to buy the thing.

JWarren
September 19, 2008, 07:43 AM
I am kinda amazed at those that are getting bent out of shape over this and calling it sexist.

Seriously....

Think about it. There are thousands of "women's magazines" out there that routinely discuss women's issues, different perceptions of women, etc. None would call any of that sexist.

I really think we need to re-evaluate what "sexist" is in our society.

Sexist IS NOT saying something gender-specific-- be it humorous or not. Sexist IS suggesting that one of a particular gender is inferior or lesser to those of another.

In my opinion, we need to lighten up.

Ironically, I have one of my MANY Elton John CD's in the player in my Dodge Hemi Magnum truck as we speak. I also kill and eat my food.

And I teach kids how to write poetry for a living for God's sake-- but I'm also the Football coach. (we won last Tuesday night! Go Bobcats!!)

I'm not really worried about my "Man Card." Go figure.

-- John

JWarren
September 19, 2008, 07:45 AM
Crying in front of other men is banned in most circumstances. Exceptions is to the death of an entire favored sports team or for family members on the condition you vow vengeance. Yes, it's acceptable to vow revenge against a disease after your third drink.

Wrong. As my father always explained to me...

One of the few times where it is completely acceptable for two men to stand crying like babies together is when one is helping the other bury his dog.

-- John

Deus Machina
September 19, 2008, 08:02 AM
There are regional exceptions, yes. Throughout the south and most of the west, as well as many towns up north the dog is acceptable and expected. Family members only need one drink (the 'vengeane' comment is only accepted three, but you can cry before then) in most states, and a car that has taken more money in parts and/or more work hours than dollars in the original purchase price is free reign.

You can cry about just about anything in California, but they issue Man Cards about as often as CCWs, so there's not much to revoke.

JWarren
September 19, 2008, 08:08 AM
...and a car that has taken more money in parts and/or more work hours than dollars in the original purchase price is free reign.

OK... now you are talking about "Satan"-- the 1985 Mercedes 450SL roadster that I got the wild idea to buy for a "fun car" once. After three air conditioners, a new top, new carpet and seats, the door actually came open while taking a curve. Traded for a BMW Z3 the next day.

I like the "regional" nuances of the rules. We have to be congnizant of those. :)

-- John

onebigelf
September 19, 2008, 08:17 AM
If you're a man and you're shooting a:

1. Pink AR
2. AK with Kalishnakitty stickers on it

And your daughter or niece isn't around, that's a man card revocation.

If you're a man and your wife/girlfriend is shooting a bigger caliber than you... more accurately... that's a man card revocation.

If you're a man and your wife/girlfriend carries her CCW to protect YOU and you don't carry at all, that's a man card revocation.

+1

John

JWarren
September 19, 2008, 08:24 AM
Forgot to give my picks...

Putting any pink furniture on an EBR does serious damage to the "Man Card." However, this move can often be done by someone who has excessive "Man-Card" points.

For example... a burly tattoo'd guy with a pick up, hauling a Harley behind it who is chewing on a raw leg of an elk as he gets out can pull out a pink AR and not do too much damage to his Man-Card. It's called Irony.

As for Elton John CD's....

You can get away with SOME of it-- the older stuff like "Honky Cat" or "Yellow Brick Road." However, blasting "Candle in the Wind" can even revoke a lifetime "Man Card."

My wife just pointed out that you CAN listen to "Candle in the Wind"-- but only if you play it low with the windows up-- AND show NO facial expressions as you do. DO NOT SING ALONG. EVER.

I won't even get into those Disney movie theme songs....

-- John

cpttango30
September 19, 2008, 08:26 AM
Real men wear pink pants.

But I would pull anyones man card for showing up at the range sporting the following gear.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l134/cpttango30/top_2-1.jpg

chetth
September 19, 2008, 08:27 AM
is EXTREME SHOCK the Godwin's Law of gun threads?

Ben Shepherd
September 19, 2008, 08:40 AM
YES........ THEY.......... ARE..........

You can run, but they'll always show up.

Those guys are prime examples of someone trying TOO hard to get thier mancard off suspended status.

romma
September 19, 2008, 08:48 AM
.32 ACP pistols are pretty sissy. Except for 1903 Colt Pocket Pistols; but one must wear a fedora and smoke non-filtered cigarettes.

Oh well,,, most of the time I am packing a Keltec P32 :o

But that sucker sure goes bang everytime!! :)

Friendly, Don't Fire!
September 19, 2008, 08:54 AM
Man card? I don't need any "man card" to be the man I am. I don't need to be macho to be a man. If I want to take a pink Barbie BB gun to the range, I'll do so, no matter who is there (maybe even during a cowboy shoot, although I hate crowds).

I've been thinking about a Lady Smith for a while. That would complement my gun collection rather nicely and I would shoot it at the range, just as I shoot my 500 or my 22.

Will I cry in front of men? Yes, there are certain times when I might (and have done so in the past). I'm not so macho that I cannot cry. God gave me emotions and feelings for a reason.

I once knew a guy who was telling me how macho he is and how he never cries at all. The more he was telling me this, the more I could see the "little boy" (coming out) in him. He eventually started crying and bawling like a baby during the conversation and I didn't think he was any less a man. In fact, I then considered him to be MORE OF A MAN for showing his emotions than when he was putting on the "fake front" with me.

I don't need anything to be a man, as I'm still a man without having to add anything, and with no matter what I might have, own, or may happen to be carrying at the time.

If someone wants to call me sissy -- that is their problem, not mine.

benEzra
September 19, 2008, 09:06 AM
-ANY pistol or revolver which says "Ladysmith" in cute little cursive writing is definitely good for at least a Man Card suspension.
My carry pistol:

http://www.commongroundcommonsense.org/forums/uploads/1168567538/gallery_260_23_29637.jpg

Anyone insecure enough in their masculinity that they'd feel threatened by the writing on the slide probably shouldn't carry one. But I like it.

:neener:

Lamb of Gun
September 19, 2008, 09:33 AM
Anything Less Than 50 .bmg

usmarine0352_2005
September 19, 2008, 09:38 AM

It takes a big man to cry.

It takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

:D

Friendly, Don't Fire!
September 19, 2008, 09:50 AM

http://cdn.purevolume.com/cdnImages/resize_590x1500/-960-1114444601-2005-01-01_183840_suicide_gun.jpg
http://www.purevolume.com/failurebydesignnj/photos/752425
Is the above gun "man enough" for ya?

Besides, all the guns pictured (and described) in this thread are DEADLY WEAPONS --
it doesn't matter if they are pink, rose, baby blue, orange-colored and/or glittered.

I wouldn't want to be standing at the BUSINESS END of ANY OF THEM, thank you.

Gentleman Ranker
September 19, 2008, 10:15 AM
+1 to Inspector and benEzra. Anyone who cares about having a Man Card is disqualified for one. Particularly if they're carrying any kind of firearm.

regards,

GR

jackstinson
September 19, 2008, 10:18 AM
Revoke away.
I don't give a rat's hairy anal orifice what anyone thinks of my guns. I enjoy the looks I get when shooting this Bauer .25acp. It even has some girl's name "Shauna" engraved on the slide.

http://weirdjack.com/guns/bauer_T.jpg

Paragon
September 19, 2008, 10:24 AM
I'm working on getting P22 with can, and I think I might get it coated pink. Why not?

sanglant
September 19, 2008, 10:24 AM
If you're a man and your wife/girlfriend carries her CCW to protect YOU and you don't carry at all, that's a man card revocation.:eek:

unless you're a felon :evil:

JWF III
September 19, 2008, 10:25 AM
.25 ACP? Well I'd sure like to find a Baby Browning one of these days.

.32ACP? Does 7.65mm still count? I love shooting my Walther PP. I enjoy my 2 CZ27s, but nothing like the PP.

Pearl grips? It's just opinion, but I like the way my Birdhead Single Six looks with the mother of pearl grips, color cased hardened frame and blued barrel.

Well, I'm not worried about losing my card anyway.

Wyman

Ben Shepherd
September 19, 2008, 10:26 AM
Paragon- You supress it, I believe you get a pass. I don't know of any man that would turn down a chance to shoot it.

You really should. They are a hoot.

Owen
September 19, 2008, 10:57 AM
I'll shoot any gun, any time.

I dunno why y'all are so insecure in your manhood, that you need to borrow some from an inanimate object.

Maelstrom
September 19, 2008, 11:04 AM
O.K. Here we go....

There are different types of humor and usually, sexist sort of stuff doesn't cut it here on THR.

Two week suspension for flagrant overt sensitivity.

Three day suspension for calling a woman a man.

Cold hard statement? If you are so unsure of your sexuality that you need positive reaffirmation from strangers on the internet because of your personal choices in shooting, then you need to go find some gradeschooler and get a cootie shot and get over it.

You would have gotten a one day suspension for use of the term "positive affirmation" but you balanced it out with a reference to the dreaded "cootie shot".

I listen to Elton John.
On an iPod mini.

Awww, Chuck. Your two week Man Card suspension gets credited 10 days just for having an awesome name like CHUCK SPEARS!!!

My response would go something like this: If it's too girly to shoot, it must be OK to get shot with it.... so you stand right where you are and I'll start shooting at you with the small calibers and work my way up until you tell me you don't want to get shot by it. Now where's my .17 HMR? Hey, where'd you go?

One day suspension for irrational logic. I wouldn't want to get HIT by a moped either, but that doesn't make said moped manly.

any man trying to revoke my man card better be willing to fight to the death over it.

Extra points for challenging other men to a fight to the death!

The whole idea behind tis thread is rather sexist, isn't it? Guns a man thing, macho and all that. heck this is the 21st century, not the 19th.

I never suggested that guns are only for men. If anything this is a discussion on the limits of what men are allowed to do. I'll assume your intoxicated so no change of Man Card status.

Therlund gets extra points for that awesome picture.

You better hope you have real men around you to cry with you when family starts to pass away or when you saw the towers fall in NY.

I was on my way to John Jay College so I did see the towers fall. O.K. I'll admit I was furious but still didn't cry. We did vow vengeance, however (see Deus Machinas next post) so the whole country got a free pass.

Ironically, I have one of my MANY Elton John CD's in the player in my Dodge Hemi Magnum truck as we speak. I also kill and eat my food.

The second two cancel the first one. But ease up on the Rocket Man. Even a Hemi can only null so much.

Will I cry in front of men? Yes, there are certain times when I might (and have done so in the past). I'm not so macho that I cannot cry.

Inspector. You have a two week suspension and are remanded for additional Man-Training. Lock yourself into a room for the next week with Jack Daniels and John Wayne movies.

Finally, I have read some of the funniest things on this post that I have seen in a long time. I never thought it would go this far!

bdickens
September 19, 2008, 11:27 AM
Anyone having to ask a question like this never had a man card in the first place.

Friendly, Don't Fire!
September 19, 2008, 11:33 AM
Anyone having to ask a question like this never had a man card in the first place.

I second that statement.

Chuck Spears
September 19, 2008, 11:33 AM
I'll up the ante on you lady boys. I've got a couple George Michael songs on my iPod.

Owen
September 19, 2008, 11:34 AM
Maelstrom, I disagree.

It is appropriate to cry in front of other men in certain situations, e.g. the loss of dog or a brother-in-arms are both appropriate times for man-tears.

Chuck Spears
September 19, 2008, 11:38 AM
Is it okay to cry when your favorite person gets kicked off Project Runway?

Maelstrom
September 19, 2008, 11:45 AM
Is it okay to cry when your favorite person gets kicked off Project Runway?

Negative, Ghost Rider, the pattern is full.

Zach S
September 19, 2008, 11:48 AM
It is appropriate to cry in front of other men in certain situations, e.g. the loss of dog or a brother-in-arms are both appropriate times for man-tears.
Dont forget Old Yeller, the fate of Elanor, and Bullitt's mustang.

Granted, it probably want a big deal when those mustangs got totalled in 74 and 68, but today, its tear-worthy...

Chuck Spears
September 19, 2008, 11:48 AM
I cried when Goose died.

Zach S
September 19, 2008, 11:54 AM
I almost did...

Chuck Spears
September 19, 2008, 11:55 AM
Did you guys cry when Bubba died in Forrest Gump's arms? I may have let a lone tear trickle down my chiseled face. I pretty much lost it when Forrest was crying over Jenny's grave though.

hankdatank1362
September 19, 2008, 11:56 AM
So no one here ever watched "the Man Show" and thought it was funny?

Jokes are jokes. There is no deeper meaning. What's the point in becoming a community of people wiht similar interests if we can't grow comfortable around each other?

Going through life without being able to laugh at yourself and participate in a little good-natured ribbing is no way to go at all.

average_shooter
September 19, 2008, 11:58 AM
It may also be acceptable to cry when canoeing through NYC:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4ozVMxzNAA

:neener:

Chuck Spears
September 19, 2008, 12:00 PM
I won't cry over spilled milk. But I just about lost it when those corporate goons were turning Murphy into RoboCop.

Maelstrom
September 19, 2008, 12:05 PM
See, Chuck? I knew you had potential.

Chuck Spears
September 19, 2008, 12:07 PM
I watched Willow on DVD last night but I didn't cry. It was kind of sad though when those crazy dogs tore apart the midwife though. That little gnome village was cute too.

frankcostanza
September 19, 2008, 12:16 PM
This is the greatest thread of all time!

My vote goes to the pink, hello kitty AR (dont have a picture)

ferretray
September 19, 2008, 12:16 PM
I don't swagger around with my man parts hanging out but I'm not ashamed of having em' either. There are MANY folks in this country who would have husbands and fathers neutered. I ain't buying it. Damn sure not apologizing for being a man.
The emotion I felt on 9/11 was rage.
I'm buying the Grandaughters Crickets for Christmas (Not X-mas) this year. Blued with walnut stocks. They ain't toys.
I've lost friends, a wife and fellow Marines. If I feel the need to cry, I'll do it alone. I don't need a slobber-fest.
I think the man card thing is funny, but I know we all have our own sense of humor. I'd say a giant biker in club leathers on a moped is neutral (We'll let his fellow bikers deal with him on that one). A straight guy wearing a pink sweater on said moped is a man card violation.

Chuck Spears
September 19, 2008, 12:17 PM
I don't swagger around with my man parts hanging out . . .

I do.

Maelstrom
September 19, 2008, 12:20 PM
I've found that judges aren't as supportive of such things as you might originally think.

jrfoxx
September 19, 2008, 12:26 PM
I need a man card ruling on the Liberian rebels from the OP. Does wearing bright wigs, dresses, etc, while doing battle with AK's and RPG's add, or subtract, from ones man card? These guys are a bit of a cunundrum for me on the man card thing. Part of me wants to revoke, and part wants to add credits to thier man card. :)

Sorry, couldnt dig up any of the better pics of them in wedding dresses, multi-colored wigs and cocktail dresses, etc.
http://www.sickandwrongpodcast.com/SWPhotos/030801_liberian-fighter.jpg

theotherwaldo
September 19, 2008, 12:30 PM
I'll ride anything with a motor and/or wheels, shoot anything that goes bang and hits the target, and listen to anything I like.

The shame is in:
-Falling off the moped - and crying,
-Missing the target with the .25 or Ladysmith,
-Getting emotional over Elton John or his songs in any way.

Oddly enough, the Ladysmith is one of the few handguns smaller than a .44 mag that I shoot better than my kid sister.

qwert65
September 19, 2008, 12:42 PM
I'll play

Carrying a gun, in any configuration is ok, so long as its not a smaller caliber "to only wound them" or a larger gun "so it will scare someone" people who do this need some man classes

While we all wear ear protection any man who's not (say just pulled up to the range) and covers/exclamies ow my ears!

Crying is ok- IF you are eithier drunk, alone, or drunk with people you are close with AND something tragic just happened A man is NEVER allowed to cry while there is work to do ie having to shoot your horse crying is ok alone afterwards but a man MUST finish the job

Maelstrom
September 19, 2008, 12:47 PM
I need a man card ruling on the Liberian rebels from the OP. Does wearing bright wigs, dresses, etc, while doing battle with AK's and RPG's add, or subtract, from ones man card? These guys are a bit of a cunundrum for me on the man card thing. Part of me wants to revoke, and part wants to add credits to thier man card.

That's a tough one. I'm going to say it comes down to intent. If they're wearing the dresses and wigs with the intent to mock their enemy before killing them, then perhaps it's O.K.

Previous similar rulings are what allowed the Kilt to bypass the "Men Shall Not Wear Skirts Act" of 1573.

EBRDude
September 19, 2008, 01:00 PM
If you are not shooting a 10mm in a pistol, then you man card should be examined for fraudulent markings.
Lots of people on this board lack a sense of humor. I have enough for at least three people, and I will share.

SuperNaut
September 19, 2008, 01:02 PM
Is a man card like a library card? If so, I don't want one.

Art Eatman
September 19, 2008, 01:02 PM
Huh. I guess I'm deprived. Nobody never issued me no "Man Card". Dunno what it is.

But I learned to ride when I was about six, and took up shooting at about that same age. I figured out that if I told the truth that I didn't have to ever really remember what I'd said.

Voted, got married, raised a kid who's quite self-sufficient, and I don't need any help in dealing with retirement.

And if I paint a Raven pink, the important thing is that you do not stand where I intend to shoot.

:D, Art

russcoh
September 19, 2008, 01:05 PM
If the gun is reliable, effective, and you're accurate with it, does what you need it to do.. then why remove anybody's "card." When I see somebody at the range with a $175 Hi-Point jamming on them, I just think they perhaps don't yet know what's good, or they're broke and wanted to spend some time shooting... The only reason to remove a card is if somebody isn't being safe or responsible, or has somebody else fire a gun they know is beyond their safe range... such as having a 110LB girl fire a 44 Single Action when she's never fired a gun. Otherwise.. I couldn't care less..

Maelstrom
September 19, 2008, 01:14 PM
such as having a 110LB girl fire a 44 Single Action when she's never fired a gun. Otherwise.. I couldn't care less..

That's cause for pulling someone's Man Card. If your idea of entertainment is abusing women, then you're not a man.

If your idea of entertainment is abusing other men, then join the Marine Corps as a machinegunner and EARN your Man Card!

A lot of people seem to want to enjoy the merits of their respective sex but forget all about the responsibilities that come along with it.

arthurcw
September 19, 2008, 01:17 PM
Is not Mosin? Is Girly! Take Card.

Is OK to cry when Mosin break. Mosin newer break. So no cry baby!

RoadkingLarry
September 19, 2008, 01:22 PM
What is this "man card" you speak of? Is that something you aask your wife to give you so you can go play with the boys?

Mp7
September 19, 2008, 01:27 PM
i guess if you cried over Bubba´s death in Forrest Gump
AND you bring a pink AR to the range - that should be enough
to get ya mancard revoked.

An Elton John CD or two won´t hurt, either.

(funny ****, this :D)

benEzra
September 19, 2008, 02:11 PM

Is OK to cry when Mosin break. Mosin never break. So no cry baby!
LOL! :D

Daemon688
September 19, 2008, 02:32 PM
Man card? I'll glady shoot an AR that's pink and purple with Hello Kity gracing the buttstock. God did I hate those stupid Miller commercials with the "man law". At last check, no real beer is light and a .223 comming out of a stock black AR is the same comming out of a purple and pink AR.

J Star
September 19, 2008, 02:37 PM
All of the people complaining that this is not funny or that it's sexist, blah blah blah - they are all just PO'ed because they've already had their man cards revoked. :evil:

Go watch Sex in the City with your significant others and revel in your "new age sensitivity." Sissies.

:evil:

Chuck Spears
September 19, 2008, 02:46 PM
I drink light beer to keep my chiseled manly abs. Chiseled abs bring in the babes. So light beer is man law acceptable. A means to an end.

ctdonath
September 19, 2008, 02:48 PM
http://crankylabs.com/albums/2007shoot2/LL9L6475.sized.jpg

oklahoma caveman
September 19, 2008, 02:51 PM
well now aint that a perty picture:evil:

ctdonath
September 19, 2008, 02:53 PM
I need a man card ruling on the Liberian rebels from the OP.
They're wearing that get-up so evil spirits can't find them.

I'm not kidding.

arthurcw
September 19, 2008, 03:06 PM
well now aint that a perty picture

It has a Can! He gets a Gold ManCard!

Defensory
September 19, 2008, 03:17 PM
Posted by J Star:
All of the people complaining that this is not funny or that it's sexist, blah blah blah - they are all just PO'ed because they've already had their man cards revoked. Go watch Sex in the City with your significant others and revel in your "new age sensitivity." Sissies.

Amen to that! It appears that THR has been heavily infiltrated by Democratic Underground types.

They need to ask Santa to bring them a pair for Christmas---uh...pair of stockings that is. :evil: Also a sense of humor and a life. Sheesh! :rolleyes:

Boomerang
September 19, 2008, 03:20 PM
The pink Cricket does not get your man card revoked, but shooting it with a Band-Aid does.

Daemon688
September 19, 2008, 03:29 PM
I drink light beer to keep my chiseled manly abs. Chiseled abs bring in the babes. So light beer is man law acceptable. A means to an end.

Well, considering light beer was originally intended and marketed for women....I'm glad you can spend so much time counting your calories and keeping your figure :neener:

Chuck Spears
September 19, 2008, 03:33 PM
It doesn't take any time.

rswartsell
September 19, 2008, 03:37 PM
I once drank a cosmopolitan in a fern bar with the Wizard of Oz on the tube and Culture Club playing "Do you really wanna hurt me" on the juke box. I figure I got massive testo reserves to even have survived it. It wasn't pretty though and I didn't have to shave for 3 days after.

Part of the re-hab for that was hip firing a '94 Winchester with a loop lever while shouting "fill your hands pilgrim!"

Ben Shepherd
September 19, 2008, 03:45 PM
Maelstrom- Did you get my PM?

Rswartsell- It's OK. you're from Chicago. We understand that given what you have to put up with, sometimes there's gonna be one of those days. We'll let you off the hook.

Halo
September 19, 2008, 03:53 PM
Previous similar rulings are what allowed the Kilt to bypass the "Men Shall Not Wear Skirts Act" of 1573.

I believe that case was reviewed in 1916 and the original ruling upheld by the Germans, who amended it with the "Ladies From Hell" clause.

john917v
September 19, 2008, 03:54 PM
Say, Isn't that Gecko45 shooting that canned cricket in Ctdonath's pic?

Crying, while driving a moped, while shooting a little pink gun, man, I can imagine that!! That's funny right there, I don't care who you are!!

In the spirit of 'unusual' guns, not girlie, here's my contribution.

http://www.newsgroper.com/files/legacy/pink-gun.jpg

tinygnat219
September 19, 2008, 03:55 PM
I'll start off with these:

-If you get caught shooting one of those hot pink Crickett .22s, you can expect a full revocation of your Man Card, at least until you do something seriously macho (like build a 50 foot bonfire, or kill an insurgent.....with a garrote....in front of all his little insurgent friends..........then when he dies and gets to his 72 virgins he finds out you got all their numbers already)

I happen to carry a Ladysmith J-Frame from time to time and I am a good sized Bubba. What you tend NOT to know about the Ladysmith is that it's been semi-customized with the action stoned and a slightly lighter spring, resulting in a better, smoother trigger pull. I am man enough to carry a superior weapon. I tend to question the manhood of those who are afraid to be judged by some cursive writing. :neener:

If someone likes to shoot one of those Cobra Pink or Purple pistols. Great! It means they have found something they like. What I would be concerned with is the quality of their groups.

buzz_knox
September 19, 2008, 03:59 PM

And the lady gets in the first round house kick of the thread.

Chuck Spears
September 19, 2008, 04:00 PM
I once drank a cosmopolitan in a fern bar with the Wizard of Oz on the tube and Culture Club playing "Do you really wanna hurt me" on the juke box. I figure I got massive testo reserves to even have survived it. I wasn't pretty though and I didn't have to shave for 3 days after.

Part of the re-hab for that was hip firing a '94 Winchester with a loop lever while shouting "fill your hands pilgrim!"

As long as it wasn't an appletini you're good dude.

The Bushmaster
September 19, 2008, 04:02 PM
Aah...Is it too late to tell ya to take yer "Man Card" and stuff it?

All firearms kill no matter what or who made or shot them. Even the Lady Smith works for some MEN with smallish hands...

Halo
September 19, 2008, 04:02 PM
What you tend NOT to know about the Ladysmith is that it's been semi-customized with the action stoned and a slightly lighter spring, resulting in a better, smoother trigger pull. I am man enough to carry a superior weapon.

I've always wondered what the deal is with the Ladysmith pistols. I've never handled nor fired one, just seen them in display cases before. Any other distinctions from the standard S&W lineup?

Mp7
September 19, 2008, 04:04 PM
Drinking "Light Beer" or any beer, that tastes like water
automatically removes ya mancard - no matter what gun you shoot.

But hey, i live 5mins from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reeperbahn :) :neener:

Chuck Spears
September 19, 2008, 04:08 PM
I'm going to have to disagree with the light beer thing there. Back in college we drank what was cheap. I wouldn't dare question someone's manhood for drinking a case of Beast Light. I joke around about drinking light beer now though. I love Bass Ale and drink it if I need to have a beer.

Tacbandit
September 19, 2008, 04:12 PM
WHAT?????????? :what:
So bored you would start a thread like this???????? I guess we have to first get
the basics out of the way...First of all, having a MAN-card, (no offense, ladies)
means you are "MAN" enough to buy and shoot whatever you want...which
would negate all the rest of what you stated...I have to laugh at this, because just the other day I walked into the biggest gun store in the area (where I do most of my firearms related business) and purchased that pink (laminated stock) Crickett..(that you referred to).for my daughter...Not the "manliest" of purchases I've made, but my "Manhood" was never in jeopardy, or threatened...nor will it be when we go to shoot it...Being a man is being secure in who you are...not being intimidated by what someone else may think, or being influenced to buy something that you may think will impress
someone...while I do understand the intent of your question...what does it
really matter...??? :)

Chuck Spears
September 19, 2008, 04:24 PM
Humor continues to fly well over the head of posters.

arthurcw
September 19, 2008, 04:46 PM
But hey, i live 5mins from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reeperbahn

OH MAN! I was in Hamburg several years ago and I could not get the time to go there. None of my in town coworkers would take me. They said I would just get in trouble. Being that I had to come to the US consulate to work everyday, I decided that on the off chance they were right, I didn't want to cause any issues.

I ended up getting hammered at a Irish Ex-Pat bar somewhere with a bunch of Soccer fans. They just kept buying the American Guinness thinking I'd fall over.

I did represent. Never try to out drink a fat boy with Guinness on the table. Never.

Tacbandit
September 19, 2008, 04:46 PM
Yeah.....Along with a bunch of other stuff...:scrutiny:

frankcostanza
September 19, 2008, 04:54 PM
I'm going to have to disagree with the light beer thing there. Back in college we drank what was cheap.

Oh come on... Pabst is about as cheap as it gets. Give me a PBR over a Miller Lite any day. Same with Old Milwaukee. I'd never dream of revoking a dudes man card for throwing back a PBR or an Old Milwaukee.

Edit: I stand by my earlier post - This is the most amusing thread in the history of THR

GEM
September 19, 2008, 04:58 PM
As a psychologist, I opine that if threatened you need to send me your 3913 LS or Model 60LS guns. Thus, you will feel better.

I will take them and a piece of quiche to the range.

arthurcw
September 19, 2008, 05:12 PM
As a psychologist, I opine that if threatened you need to send me your 3913 LS or Model 60LS guns. Thus, you will feel better.

I will take them and a piece of quiche to the range.

Um... are you allowed to take advantage of your subjects’ neuroses?

OOOXOOO
September 19, 2008, 06:05 PM
Airsoft is the only thing I can think of.

KiltedClaymore
September 19, 2008, 07:19 PM

agree. any who disagrees that kilts are manly, find a true blue scotsman and call the kilt a "skirt" to his face. then pray he isn't a THR member who carries. not that he NEEDS the gun to make you regret being born...

Is OK to cry when Mosin break. Mosin newer break. So no cry baby!

all i can say for this is: "in Soviet Russia, you not break Mosin, Mosin break YOU!!"

my new favorite thread.

dmxx9900
September 19, 2008, 07:22 PM
Every gun is dangerous what difference does it make if it is small or big or what caliber it is they all can kill and can be used by men,women and children at a range or where ever.

OOOXOOO
Airsoft is good for a while for little plinking and for places where it is illegal/restrictive to own a real gun but other than that its a waste of money really there are not many practical uses you can use for airsoft other then simulation training.
Otherwise its useless for defense and hunting.
A real gun is much more useful and practical.
Plus airsoft guns can get more expensive then the real gun it is imitating.

Friendly, Don't Fire!
September 19, 2008, 07:28 PM
I'm sorry if I'm a killjoy.

I have no "man card" and I don't wish to have one.

Maelstrom
September 19, 2008, 07:56 PM
We're men, Inspector. We figured that out from your previous posts.

For someone who doesn't want a Man Card you sure are spending a lot of time hanging around the Man Cave.....

Hardtarget
September 19, 2008, 08:12 PM
Several years ago I went to the garden center with thw Wifey. She forgot a card in her purse...locked in car trunk.I'll get it...no problem.

To catch up with her, I cut through the "annuals" section. Thirty feet away was Beth... an employ of the center. I hollered to Beth..."do you know how to spot a confident, hetrosexual man? He is walking through the flowers carrying his wifes purse!"

She almost cracked a rib.

I don't mind SHOOTING anything. I may draw the line on what I own and or carry. :D

Mark.

benEzra
September 19, 2008, 08:13 PM
What you tend NOT to know about the Ladysmith is that it's been semi-customized with the action stoned and a slightly lighter spring, resulting in a better, smoother trigger pull. I am man enough to carry a superior weapon.
I've always wondered what the deal is with the Ladysmith pistols. I've never handled nor fired one, just seen them in display cases before. Any other distinctions from the standard S&W lineup?
I can't speak for the revolvers, but the 3913 Ladysmith:

--has a single left-side safety/decock lever instead of ambi (makes the gun thinner and a little easier to keep from printing, and it can be operated with either hand anyway)

--the front of the frame is angled smoothly toward the muzzle instead of the (goofy looking) gooseneck of the standard 3913;

--the grips are gray instead of black, making it less obvious if your cover garment momentarily lifts;

--reportedly a better trigger (mine's great);

the rest is pretty much standard 3913.

Here's mine, again:

http://www.commongroundcommonsense.org/forums/uploads/1168567538/gallery_260_23_29637.jpg
http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&productId=14726&tabselected=tech&isFirearm=Y&parent_category_rn=

Here's the standard "male" 3913:

http://ontargetgunsnh.com/IMG_1675.JPG
http://ontargetgunsnh.com/used_handguns.htm

The Ladysmith is the superior gun, IMO.

My Ladysmith is very accurate for a 3.5" barreled compact pistol, methinks. Here's 3 shots, 21 feet, unsupported, with Winchester white box; top two holes are siamesed:

http://www.commongroundcommonsense.org/forums/uploads/1188452912/gallery_260_23_6397.jpg

Here's a review of the 3913LS (actually the NL, "no logo" version that S&W made briefly for those insecure about the logo):

http://www.thegunzone.com/3913nl.html

Interesting trivia: Sylvester Stallone and Wesley Snipes both reportedly used 3913 Ladysmiths in one of the shootouts in the movie Demolition Man:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/05/Demolition_man.jpg/200px-Demolition_man.jpg

And as to the subject of this thread, here is S&W's take on it:

The 3913LS is ideal, not only for women, but for those men who are quite secure in their masculinity.

--Sherry Collins, Smith & Wesson spokesperson, 1990 SHOT Show

Mike OTDP
September 19, 2008, 08:38 PM
Matchlocks are manly. Not only do you get to shoot black powder with a burning rope (which may burn YOU), you have an excuse to wear a sword.

If you don't shoot one, you never had a Man Card to take away. :-)

Friendly, Don't Fire!
September 19, 2008, 08:43 PM
We're men, Inspector. We figured that out from your previous posts.
For someone who doesn't want a Man Card you sure are spending a lot of time hanging around the Man Cave.....

Sorry, I didn't realize I was in the "man cave."
My bad.

Maelstrom
September 19, 2008, 08:49 PM
The 3913LS is ideal, not only for women, but for those men who are quite secure in their masculinity.

That's great to hear what Smith and Wesson said in 1990. Now let's all hear what they had to say ten years later to Billy Clinton when the WHOLE COMPANY lost their British Man Cards.

J Star
September 19, 2008, 09:00 PM

A woman said that. Having a woman make excuses for you to carry a girly gun: Yeah, that's a revocation right there. Women are the ones who wanted you to - say it with a lisp to get the full effect - "be more sensitive!" (Of course, they don't really want that, they just want to weed out the girly men from the herd.)

Go have some cosmos with your girlfriends. :evil:

revjen45
September 19, 2008, 09:06 PM
If you have never fired a gun and the only time you have ridden a Harley was riding b*tch behind a chick report to the castration clinic immediately. I didn't make this up- my former doctor had the cheek to admit such to me when I rode my Ironhead to the appointment. I certainly hope he had the decency to be sure he would not procreate.

moooose102
September 19, 2008, 09:25 PM
well, i guess some of us are more secure with our manhood than others. i really don't care what anybody else thinks about the guns i shoot, or own. when they want to pay for them, then they can critisize them.

jonmerritt
September 19, 2008, 09:26 PM
When it is me or the bg, the darn thing can fire pink lace for all I care, just as long as it stops the bg!

Archer1945
September 19, 2008, 09:29 PM
I think whining about recoil, missing paper at 25 yards, or using a smartcarry holster underpants thing-a-ma-jig should be an issue.

Better watch that. My CCW instructor carries a S&W 500 in a Smartcarry holster. He will also take that gun and shoot circles around just about anybody with any thing smaller. To him a 44Mag is a mouse gun.:D He is also a member of this forum. He wrote a rather popular book about a guy named Henry Bowman.

Btw, I think anybody who carries a gold plated, pearl handled Desert Eagle to anything other than a Texas BBQ should at least have his man card checked. :eek:

Archer1945
September 19, 2008, 09:46 PM
ctdonath

The only problem with that pink Cricket with the can is it's so cute even a anti might like it. ;-) -1 on your man card for that. However +2 for a most interesting and unobtrusive weapon. :-D

Nate C.
September 19, 2008, 10:04 PM
"Man card? I don't need any "man card" to be the man I am. "

What he said. I am a firm believer in "Live and let live."

Having said that, anyone older than 15 years of age playing with those Airsoft toys probably qualifies.

Tom Servo
September 19, 2008, 10:31 PM
Three day suspension for calling a woman a man.
Hey, at least it's not like that time in Bangkok when I though the man was a woman. :)

As far as Elton John, well...back in the 1990s, I went to one of the man's Christmas parties. I was by far the most masculine guy in the building. The tree didn't have an angel on the top, it had a Ken doll in a dress. :eek:

Had to watch True Grit and several Charlton Heston movies to get over that.

Deus Machina
September 19, 2008, 11:12 PM
Gah, double post. See below.

Deus Machina
September 19, 2008, 11:15 PM
Hey, guys complaining about not caring, or not needing a Man Card: you're right. Absolutely right.

But everyone in here has to admit to liking Queen.

Grow a sense of humor. Have some fun. :rolleyes:

tkkr
September 19, 2008, 11:30 PM
I like how some of the people on here have to make it all about "them" and how manly they are by not caring about having a man card. Common sense is not so common these days, this is not a serious thread and does not require a serious post, the OP even stated it is for humours reasons.

J Star
September 19, 2008, 11:32 PM
Having said that, anyone older than 15 years of age playing with those Airsoft toys probably qualifies.

Haha, I was irritated this week at Gander. I was looking for a punch set, kind of spur of the moment. Nope, no gunsmith tools at Gander. Nope, no good reloading stuff. But looky here, a whole two damn aisles of friggin' airsoft. Toys? You put toy guns in the gun section? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

Gander also sells pink guns. I think they managed to get man cards revoked for all their employees. Come to Gander, home of wuss. :D

JImbothefiveth
September 19, 2008, 11:39 PM
Unless you are bringing your wife/girlfriend/daughter/niece/other female important other, maybe anything pink.

theotherwaldo
September 19, 2008, 11:59 PM
I LIKE Airsoft. It gives me something I can shoot in the bedroom. I don't worry about the pellets rolling around. They just give the dust jackals something to eat.

bogie
September 20, 2008, 12:14 AM
I've got a friend who has a bubblegum pink rifle. It's cool. I've got another friend who has one who has a picture of a rather embarrassing sheep painted on it...

Benchresters are weird.

XD Fan
September 20, 2008, 12:23 AM
I read this entire thread. At first, I thought it was stupid, but then about thirty posts in , I snickered. By post 75 I was laughing out loud.

I think Tigre deserves an honorary man card for braving the man cave. If she has any sense, she will decline, but I like her attitude.

Okay, I'll play.

Now guys, pink guns are okay, especially when teaching lovely six-year-old daughters how to shoot. Elton John puts on a great show. And Lady Smiths do the intended job; they are alright. My brother, my close friend and I all three teared up when Lane What's-his-face died in Eight Seconds(My wife rudely laughed at us.); crying in public is tricky, but can be done.

What will cause your man card to spontaneously combust is driving away from the range with your truck windows down and your stereo cranked up to full volume while listening to Air Supply. "I'm all out of love, I'm so lost without you...":what:

Ben Shepherd
September 20, 2008, 12:25 AM
Bogie- Know why they have those guns?

'Cause to call them on it you have to be able to outshoot them. Good luck.

XavierBreath
September 20, 2008, 01:48 AM
Man cards.
Man caves.
Girly men.
H8torade.
Home of wuss.
Sausage fests.
Castration clinics.
Chiseled abs bring in the babes.
Wow, some of you are literally sitting on diamond mines!
Say it with a lisp to get the full effect - "be more sensitive!"

Closed.

This is a gun forum, Please stay on topic.

Don't email me crying and sniveling about it either.

We try, at The High Road, to be an inclusive group that invites people of all types into the shooting sports, gun ownership and awareness of personal responsibility and civil liberties. This thread, while relatively harmless in appearance to some, would seem to be unnecessarily chauvinistic to many people. There is no such thing as a man card, or a man cave, except to those who need such things to reaffirm their manhood.

We expand our ranks as gun owners by including those who may not subscribe to all our beliefs, philosophies or even our humor. Unless we expand our ranks, we will see a gradual erosion of our rights as the opposition gains vote after vote. We must be inclusive to survive, and we must not alienate others, be they women or gays. Whether by race, religion, gender or sexual orientation, we must be inclusive. At THR we will be inclusive.

There are many gun forums that allow constant alienation of women and gays. The High Road is not one of them. We do not desire to be humorless. We do, however place our goals as a gun forum above having a rollicking good time in a humor type thread that may alienate many people who we try to win over to our side.

I hope you all understand. If not, other forums are available at no expense. Go there for this type of thread and preserve THR for the goals we have established.

If you enjoyed reading about "Which guns can lead to your "Man Card" getting pulled?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!