Need some information on an old Winchester Cartridge

PDA

lives4huntin
September 19, 2008, 02:11 AM
My father inherited a Winchester 351 SLR. Does anybody know anything about this rifle/cartridge?

If you enjoyed reading about "Need some information on an old Winchester Cartridge" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ReloaderFred
September 19, 2008, 02:48 AM
The Winchester .351 Self Loading was in use by many police departments in the 1930's and 40's. It's a straight wall case, and some say the .30 Carbine was inspired by it. It fired a 180 grain bullet at 1850 fps, and was introduced in 1907.

All the .351 SLR rifles I've seen were automatics.

Hope this helps.

Fred

lives4huntin
September 19, 2008, 02:56 AM
Thanks. I have done some research, but haven't come up with much. Are there any companys that make this cartridge, or a place to look for reloading components?

cdrt
September 19, 2008, 08:29 AM
Midway carries brass for the .351 Winchester and the Lyman 45th edition book has a couple loads for it in the obsolete cartridge section. If you're interested I can send them to you. Dies would be available through RCBS since they will make them to order if they don't have them in stock.

I think I may have posted the loads somewhere on here before. If you do a search, they may pop up.

rcmodel
September 19, 2008, 12:49 PM
Ammo:
http://www.loadxammo.com/

http://www.ows-ammo.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/453

Better get to reloading if you want to shoot it.

rcmodel

lives4huntin
September 19, 2008, 10:43 PM
Thanks again for the help.

scrat
September 19, 2008, 11:08 PM
even lee precesion can make you dies for a lot less. But yep if you want to shoot it your going to have to learn to load\

If you enjoyed reading about "Need some information on an old Winchester Cartridge" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!