Gun smuggling mailman

PDA

rickfifty
September 19, 2008, 09:57 AM
Janz explained that he had a source in Minnesota who had no criminal record, allowing him to purchase the guns without any difficulty. Janz then used a variety of methods to sneak them into Canada, including a U.S. Postal Service employee who would "slip them into his truck" while making cross-border deliveries.

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/story.html?id=0961ce9a-38d9-4e61-9722-ebfd4c3bc00c

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun smuggling mailman" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MinnMooney
September 19, 2008, 10:29 AM
Seems kinda outa whack pricing...... $1500 for a Mach-10 machine gun or $1000 for a common semi-auto pistol.

Wonder if they found the Postal worker.

xiph0s
September 19, 2008, 12:31 PM
Seems kinda outa whack pricing...... $1500 for a Mach-10 machine gun or $1000 for a common semi-auto pistol.

well of course. Canadian dollars aren't worth quite as much:rolleyes:

Chipperman
September 19, 2008, 01:10 PM
Wow, a Mach-10 must be a lot better than a Mac-10. :neener:

Police had seen enough and notified border authorities to arrest a Minnesota man. Benjamin Hamlin remains before the courts on gun smuggling charges and is presumed innocent

So they got the buyer also. The only one missing is the Postal middle man. He'll fall as soon as Hamlin cuts a deal to rat him out.

Larry E
September 19, 2008, 03:35 PM
The last I checked the CDN $ is worth about $1.06 US, so there was money being made on the deal. I also thought that the USPS employee was the person buying the guns in MN.

It says that the Mac-10 and semi-auto pistols were "machine guns" too. I wonder what they'd do if they ever saw a real machine gun. Soiled undies no doubt. :eek:

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun smuggling mailman" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!