Help request,Co-Ax press owners

PDA

Doug b
September 19, 2008, 12:41 PM
UPS just delivered my Forster Co-Ax press and I'm anxious to get started.Been a loader for almost 40 yrs. and I'm after .002" run out or less with a full length re-size.Any input from you gents would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance.

If you enjoyed reading about "Help request,Co-Ax press owners" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
snuffy
September 19, 2008, 12:53 PM
That's really a broad subject. It's the best single stage press available, as far as I'm concerned. Just mount it, start using it, if you have any specific questions, I'd be happy to help you out.

BigJakeJ1s
September 19, 2008, 11:02 PM
Congratulations on a world class reloading press!

There is an allen screw on top of the press, just to the left of the die, that adjusts the tension on a ball-detent device that holds your die in place, letting you "snap" dies in and out. Do not tighten that screw such that the body of the locking device protrudes into the slot for the die lock ring. Only the spring loaded ball should protrude.

Forster lock rings are the most straightforward to use with the co-ax, but Hornady lock rings work well for me too. Be carefull not to have a wrench flat on the Hornady lock ring oriented near the ball detent, or it won't hold your die back in the slot. I just make sure a wrench flat is facing me, and I don't have a problem. I like the allen head clamp screw on the Hornady lock ring better than the phillips head clamp screw on the Forster, but that is an easy fix from the hardware store. Because the die and lock ring are free to rotate in the press, applying pressure on the screw driver to engage the phillips head screw tends to spin the die/lock ring away from you. Allen head screws do not need that kind of pressure on the alen wrench, etc.\

I have tried the shorter ball handle, but did not like it. I prefer the multiple hand positions available on the tubular gripped long handle.

Andy

RM
September 19, 2008, 11:55 PM
I like the short throw handle. Try it.

280shooter
September 22, 2008, 11:34 PM
I want one,,I need one,i have to have one,

great press from what I read about them,

Xmas is coming,,yeahooo:)

Doug b
September 23, 2008, 12:11 PM
280shooter,I've only had a few minutes to work with this press but it appears as though my concentricity issues are solved.One casing out of 10 measured almost .001" runout the rest the needle on my RCBS case master mic barely quivered.This same die in my Lyman O press averaged
.005" with some going as high as .007".

Reid73
October 20, 2008, 04:22 PM
Doug, private message sent (different topic).

If you enjoyed reading about "Help request,Co-Ax press owners" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!