41 mould, advice needed.

PDA

Onty
September 19, 2008, 05:48 PM
I would appreciate if 41 fraternity could advise me what is the consistently the best cast plain base bullet when used in several revolvers; Rugers and S&W. I am looking for about 200-240 gr, plain base that has proven accuracy on a long ranges for silhouettes. I am shooting now half scale but would like to go a full scale. I was shooting SAECO 409 and Lyman 41032. They are good at 25 meters, OK at 50 m, but seems to me that, at least with my loads, beyond 50 m they are loosing accuracy more than I like. When I checked front driving band, both bullets measured .408-.409. No, I am going to move so I cannot rely on my friends and their moulds any more. Since I am going to buy my mould anyhow, I would like to get one that is proven as a good one on long ranges. I checked what is out there but looks like that only RCBS and SAECO have a decent plane base ones. Of those available ones, my attention caught SAECO #410 and RCBS # 10-210-SWC. Boy, I wish RCBS makes 41 cal, version of their larger 44-250-K. I was looking for used Lyman 410459 but no luck. Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "41 mould, advice needed." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MMCSRET
September 19, 2008, 09:31 PM
I do not own or use any current production 41 molds, all mine are discontinued lyman. Lee used to make a 41/240 that would have been good for steel critters. I don't compete any more and when I did I was using 44's. Call Lee and see what they would do for you. Also look up Ranch Dog on the web, see what he is doing now.

loosecannon
September 20, 2008, 12:13 AM
Look up PENN BULLETS on the web and read about their .41 offerings. Then call the owner who will discuss cast bullets with you.

Ben Shepherd
September 20, 2008, 01:02 AM
Contact our moderator Paul 'Fitz" Jones. See if he has any 41 mag moulds left.

The one I got from him is a K.T. that drops at 228 grains and hits like a freight train when it gets there.

If you enjoyed reading about "41 mould, advice needed." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!