Question for Snaggletooth,maybe others,

PDA

MISSEDSHOT
September 20, 2008, 02:35 PM
I heard you mention about a parts gun in a post I was involved with and heard another guy talk about ordering one from Taylors'.Can you tell me more?I've looked at Taylors' website and saw nothing of the sort.Are parts guns cheap?Are they returns?I eagerly await a response.Thanks, MISSEDSHOT.....

If you enjoyed reading about "Question for Snaggletooth,maybe others," here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
scrat
September 20, 2008, 02:42 PM
Old theory sometimes one would purchase a junk gun or old beater. in hopes that some of the internals can be used in another. Myself i learned on a different way. i went through VTI gun parts and ordered replacement parts for all my guns. Once i recieved the parts i would take apart a gun and file down the new parts so they looked like the originals and worked in the gun. This took a long time. i did it so that if i were to take out all the original parts i could put in the replacements parts and have a firing gun. Then i just put the replacement parts in a baggie labeled for which gun. So in the future if i ever have problems i can go to my matchin parts pack. what a lot of people do is once the gun breaks or have problems they order the parts and file them down until they look like the originals. Problem is the originals are now worn out and are probably slightly smaller than when they were new. Thats why your replacing them. If your gun works properly now. Order the parts now. Order one of everything then start to file them down and final fit them to work in your gun replacing the originals.

arcticap
September 21, 2008, 02:09 AM
Taylors does have a link on their homepage to clearance guns. If you put your curser over the item, it lists the reason for the clearance discounted price. It's usually scratch & dented or cracked/damaged or repaired grips.

http://www.taylorsfirearms.com/products/detail-clearanceItems.tpl?startat=11

Plus Taylors sell Urberti & Pietta parts:

http://www.taylorsfirearms.com/products/accessories.tpl

If you enjoyed reading about "Question for Snaggletooth,maybe others," here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!