(TN) Murfreesboro Range Burns

PDA

glockten
September 9, 2003, 01:10 PM
www.newschannel5.com/content/news/1910.asp

Well, CRAP!

BTW, it was not a "police firing range", it was a public range, and a nice one.

If you enjoyed reading about "(TN) Murfreesboro Range Burns" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
4v50 Gary
September 9, 2003, 01:53 PM
Just fired off an email to a fellow I know in Murfreesboro PD. I'd like to learn more about that fire.

Kendra Pacelli
September 9, 2003, 01:57 PM
Yeah, I heard that this morning on my way to work, does anyone know how it started?

Keep us posted

BryanP
September 9, 2003, 03:58 PM
Huh? On Target burned? Excuse me.

AAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead: :cuss: :banghead: :cuss:

*sigh* Someone opens up a really nice range all of 15 minutes from my house and it burns. I hope they had good insurance and can rebuild.

cslinger
September 9, 2003, 04:01 PM
Ok evil I don't trust anybody Cslinger mode.

That was a very very very expensive range that would have taken a long time to recoup the costs to build and operate.......a little part of me is thinking insurance fraud. I have no basis of evidence for this just a gut feeling.

They also had an extremely belligerent neigbor to the range that I heard was always trying to cause them trouble so he would be my second guess.

Then again it was probably just a freak occurance.

Chris

BryanP
September 9, 2003, 04:12 PM
Cslinger,

I knew that place wasn't cheap, but I hadn't heard about the obnoxious neighbor. Well, considering that the co-owners are a lawyer and a LEO and most of the staff were LEO even if I was a belligerent neighbor I'd be hesitant to cause them any trouble.

OEF_VET
September 9, 2003, 05:34 PM
:cuss: :fire:

This sucks. I loved On Target. I really hope they are able to rebuild it. It is without a doubt the best indoor range in middle Tennessee. Gun City and ASP can't compare.

Frank

Bowlcut
September 9, 2003, 11:17 PM
I have yet to get down there....and now appears it will be longer. That sucks. Indoor ranges around here are rather scarce, unless you like sure death at Gun S*&ty.

Chris....you saying something coming from the inside of the industry :D or the "compound" that is CNA :D

NewShooter78
September 10, 2003, 06:53 AM
Where was On Target located in Murfreesboro? I don't remember seeing it when I was a student at MTSU. Its a shame such a well liked range was destroyed like that. I hope that the owners rebuild. Its hard to find quality ranges no matter where you live.

glockten
September 10, 2003, 10:23 AM
NewShooter78,

www.ontargetindoorrange.com/directions.htm

It just opened last year.:(

cslinger
September 10, 2003, 10:30 AM
No I don't know anything and don't want to imply that I do.

Just a gut feeling. I have talked to the owners and other local range owners and all had mentioned the astronomical costs is buidling and running that facility.

Nothing more than a conspiracy theory. Geez, we should be used to those here. :D

Chris

Slabside
September 11, 2003, 07:38 PM
I've been in the On Target range several times. Yes, it was extremely expensive to build. Looked more like a lawyers office on the outside than a range exterior. It was a very nice range indeed with comfortable class and lounging areas, as well as a FFL sales area located in the center display case/counter of the shop. The construction and finishing took a very long time. My understanding from the staff there was that the owners borrowed to the hilt to get it built, experiencing several delays.

The range fees were a little high in my opinion. I've been over there at various times of the day and never seen more than one or two folks in the range shooting. An aquaintance has a membership there. He paid in excess of $250/yr for it. I think he got 7-8 guest passes w/ that fee...must use if brings a guest. As far as info from him, he hasn't heard the cause just yet.

4v50 Gary
September 11, 2003, 11:25 PM
No response from my contact down there. Then again, if it's an active arson investigation, I wouldn't expect any info anyway.

kenehsr
September 12, 2003, 01:36 AM
:banghead: That sucks!!!!!:cuss: And I haven't even been there.:fire: Yet!

glockten
September 13, 2003, 08:58 PM
I drove by the place this afternoon. The sign out front reads:

CLOSED DUE TO FIRE
REOPENING SOON

I hope so.

Slabside
September 13, 2003, 09:38 PM
Their "Opening Soon" sign was out there for the better part of a yr. :)
Well, at least it sounds as though they are planning to rebuild.

September 14, 2003, 07:41 PM
Never seems to fail.someones opens up a state of the art firing range and then some smhole desides that $250 dollars a year is too much to pay for a quality shooting range.

Maybe you would be much happier at Gun city!

Byron
September 27, 2003, 10:55 AM
An e-mail from the asst mg of today indicated ON TARGET will reopen in under 111 days, all memberships are suspended and will be honored at the reopening so the rebuilding time will not affect the membership period. Byron

BryanP
September 27, 2003, 12:05 PM
Byron,

Good to know. Thanks for passing that along. I heard through another source that the fire was traced to an electrical short in the ventilation system?

Byron
September 27, 2003, 02:59 PM
Bryan, that is what a co owner told a friend of mine. Byron

If you enjoyed reading about "(TN) Murfreesboro Range Burns" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!