I Bought Another Gun.

PDA

rugerman07
September 20, 2008, 09:02 PM
I went to a gun show today and actually found a bargin. Can you believe that? A bargin at a gun show?

Anyway, I went looking for a good deal on ammo and wound up buying a Ruger MK II standard model with a 4 3/4 inch barrel. The thing that caught my eye about this pistol was not only the price tag of $249.95, but it was in prestine (like new) condition. This pistol didn't look like it had more than 50 rounds shot through it. I kid you not, it looked like a new gun. So I bought it for $225.00 OTD. I came home with my sales reciept, not the pistol, (Hey, I live in the PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF ILLINOIS) and looked up the serial number on Ruger's website. That pistol was made in 1984.

I think I got a really good deal on it.

If you enjoyed reading about "I Bought Another Gun." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
scrat
September 20, 2008, 09:11 PM
got one. In the Bull Barrel. wow what an excellent shooter. go to midwayusa.com and order yourself a few more magazines. you will love yourself if you do. if not then it gets to you after a while

Thernlund
September 20, 2008, 09:14 PM
Cool beans. Congrats. Now where's the pictures?? ;)

-T.

Rmart30
September 20, 2008, 09:18 PM
Sounds like a great price.....
FYI volquertson has mark II mags on sale and the adjustable triggers in their bargain bin... Ranch products also has a extended magazine release ($12) that your fingers will thank you for.:)

Loomis
September 20, 2008, 09:20 PM
Let me know what it's really worth. 2 years ago I bought a mkII with holster wear for 100 bucks even from a private seller. And it came with a spare barrel.

I thought I did OK.

I'm not a huge fan of the ruger. Colt woodsmans are way better...but price on those babies is plenty. Ruger is a way better deal.

rugerman07
September 20, 2008, 09:34 PM
Cool beans. Congrats. Now where's the pictures??
Pic's will be posted soon. Living in ILLINOIS and having a valid F.O.I.D. card I still have to wait 3 days before taking possesion of it. How stupid is that law???:cuss:

Blue .45
September 20, 2008, 10:03 PM
Pic's will be posted soon. Living in ILLINOIS and having a valid F.O.I.D. card I still have to wait 3 days before taking possesion of it. How stupid is that law???

I feel your pain. After the three day wait (felt like three weeks), I picked up my new Ruger P90 last night. If it makes you feel any better, I live much closer to Chicago than you do. :D BTW, congrats on the MK II. You got a very good deal.

gbran
September 21, 2008, 12:10 AM
There are a few things a man really must have, the MKII being one of them.

rugerman07
September 21, 2008, 07:07 PM
I feel your pain. After the three day wait (felt like three weeks), I picked up my new Ruger P90 last night. If it makes you feel any better, I live much closer to Chicago than you do. BTW, congrats on the MK II. You got a very good deal.

I feel your pain to brother!

CU74
September 21, 2008, 11:50 PM
Congratulations. IMHO, $225 OTD is a good buy - I paid a bit more for my bull-barrel Mk-II and was very happy with the deal.

scrat's suggestion spot on - buy more magazines. I also agree with gbran that everyone should own a MK-II (the Woodsman is overpriced by comparison).

Aran
September 22, 2008, 11:21 AM
I went with a MK3 for ~$300. Awesome guns, so long as you never ever ever ever have to tear them down for cleaning.

Mine comes apart happily... putting it together is a task best left to Hercules.

rugerman07
September 24, 2008, 07:14 PM
I picked up my Mark II today. Here are the pic's I promised.

If you enjoyed reading about "I Bought Another Gun." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!