Ok this should work right?

PDA

Afy
September 22, 2008, 01:40 PM
Given the paucity of powders ....

I am thinking of feeding in the pet loads of other people using powders they are having great success with... into quickload.

Then asking Quickload to suggest alternative powders... and using the VV loads it spits out. Provided the pressures arent too high.

Should work or at least get me started...in the right direction.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ok this should work right?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
243winxb
September 22, 2008, 02:31 PM
http://www.lapua.com/fileadmin/user_upload/esitteet/VihtavuoriInternationalReloguide2008.pdf I would be interested in what Quickload thinks of the factory load data also.

Ol` Joe
September 22, 2008, 10:27 PM
I`ve found powders that do well in my 6.5x55 do well also in my 260 Rem. The case capasity difference between them is less then 4-5 gr water max.
The powders I use the most in both cartridges are H4831, R22 or R19 and H4350. The Reloader powders (R19 / R22) are made by Bofors (sp) and may be offered in Europe under another name?
The VV powders I`d look at are the 150- 165 and possibly their 500 series of the same burn rates. Both of my 260s and every 6.5 Swede I`ve had has done best with fairly slow powders.
My 260s also seem to shoot better with 120 gr and under bullets, but that might be due to the 1-9 twist used in them vs the 1/7.5 twists in the Swedes I`ve owned.

Hope I`ve helped....

Afy
September 23, 2008, 03:24 AM
Quickload finds the VV load guide to be on the very conservative side.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ok this should work right?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!