I Joined The NRA Today

PDA

Treo
September 22, 2008, 09:22 PM
I've seen other people post threads like this but I've never read one so I haven't a clue what to put in one but,

Here goes:

Both DW and I joined ( 1 year membership all we could afford)

We're getting American Rifleman & America's First Freedom for the magazines ( which breaks one of my cardinal rules by being an overt indicator that we own guns)

We're both getting those goofy NRA hats ( I suspect niether one of us will ever actually wear it.

And the decals which I guarantee will not be on the cars maybe the tool box.

Anyway I'm now actually doing something besides carrying guns to support RKBA

If you enjoyed reading about "I Joined The NRA Today" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
SCKimberFan
September 22, 2008, 09:31 PM
Welcome to the club. I am working on the E Z Pay Life member plan. It is affordable too. $25 @ quarter. Be sure to wait for the $400 'check' they will be sending you.

BTW, The CZ is great, although it came with 2 10 rounds mags instead of 14s. The shop had to order them, but will be taking care of that for me.

Starship1st
September 22, 2008, 10:27 PM
Welcome to the NRA. Don't forget to vote. :cool:

neviander
September 22, 2008, 10:30 PM
I put one sticker on my front door and one on the windshield of the family truckster :)

Loosedhorse
September 22, 2008, 10:35 PM
Some gunowners may give you flack for joining the NRA. Let them know that the NRA is the premiere civilian firearm safety orgainization in the world, and that it the most effective civil-rights (that is gun-rights) organization that gun-owners have going for them.

It has its faults, but I for one am glad to be a member.

Thank you for joining.

spuscg
September 22, 2008, 10:37 PM
whats the "ez life member plan"? i want to be a life member but cant afford it now

RonE
September 22, 2008, 10:40 PM
The NRA is not perfect but is effective and their research is very good on political people. The American Rifleman is just barely better than any of the other advertisemant driven gun rags.

Glad to welcome a fellow NRA member.

Josh Aston
September 23, 2008, 12:23 AM
whats the "ez life member plan"? i want to be a life member but cant afford it now

$25 a quarter until your $650 (I believe) is paid off.

Stevie-Ray
September 23, 2008, 01:12 AM
I was invited to join the NRA Golden Eagles, but it's too expensive when you're on a fixed income.:o

CU74
September 23, 2008, 02:27 AM
Treo - Congratulations, and thanks for helping all of us fight the good fight. If every gun owner was also a member of the NRA we wouldn't be in the sorry situation we are in now.

Tacbandit
September 23, 2008, 02:29 AM
That reminds me, it's time to renew...Thanks!!!!:)

Duke Junior
September 23, 2008, 02:50 AM
Glad you joined,Treo.I've been a member for 14 years and should have joined sooner.They are the 800 pound gorilla in Washington, fighting for our rights every day.They scare those pols to death.We really need that organization and it's us and 4 million others and our families that they represent..We need more like minded people.
You might even wear the hats eventually!:D
You and DW will not regret it.And the mags are not half bad.
You'll enjoy them.
Congrats.

Treo
September 23, 2008, 03:31 AM
I actually have a hat in the basement ( I got a 3 year membership when I ETSed ) it's not so much that I don't whish to advertise as it is that I look so damn GOOFY in that golf hat W/ all the scrambled eggs on the bill

yeti
September 23, 2008, 04:20 AM
Glad to have a new fellow associate.

I don't put those stickers on my car either. I have no problem having them around home, but sometimes I HAVE TO enter Massachusetts:eek: or NY:eek:, and twice a year I even, god help me, go to New Jersey.:what::what:

They do tend to 'fund raise' quite a bit, but I find it a lot less annoying then getting mail from Sara Brady, or having the AARP remind me I'm not as young as I think I am. And sometimes they do get some money from me, they just got me for a few 'sponsor an overseas soldier' with a years membership. Hell, they got me for 3 memberships, it's still less then a 1/4 case of .45acp, money well spent.:cool:

chupacabrah
September 23, 2008, 08:18 AM
I joined last week!

Got a $10 off thing for 1 year, and free gift of a Charlton Heston commemorative knife...sweet!

JeffDilla
September 23, 2008, 08:27 AM
Congrats, I'm planning on joining tonight at the Pistol Course I'm currently taking. I'm looking forward to it.

tuckerdog1
September 23, 2008, 03:27 PM
Treo & DW, thanks to both.

Also, if your active military, or know someone who is, the NRA is giving free 1 year memberships to those folks.

Money is always good. But headcount ( votes ) also help.

http://www.nra.org/supportourtroops/

Tuckerdog1

Halo
September 23, 2008, 04:05 PM
Regarding the stickers, part of me wants to put one in the rear window to show that 2nd Amendment defenders are out there and they're not even remotely like the media stereotype, but on the other hand is it an invitation for someone to break into your car, or vandalize it?

SCKimberFan
September 23, 2008, 05:29 PM
EZ Pay Life Member allows you to pay $25 per quarter until the balance is paid. The current LIfe Member dues is $1000, but they will send you a 'check' for $400. That leaves a $600 balance, to be paid at the EZ Pay rate (see above).

JeffDilla
September 23, 2008, 11:09 PM
Add me to the list too :) I just signed up tonight, with my hat and bumper sticker to boot ;)

Maia007
September 23, 2008, 11:32 PM
Bout time. Congratulations and welcome.

If you enjoyed reading about "I Joined The NRA Today" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!