Magazines in public places

PDA

10/22plinker
September 23, 2008, 09:20 AM
I have noticed that places like airports and train stations, etc. have stopped selling firearm, hunting, and sporting magazines. While doing so I have noticed an increase in "dirty" magazines so it really doesn't make sense why. They can't exactly say they don't want there kids seeing it otherwise they would get rid of the "dirty" magazines. Anyone else experience this?

If you enjoyed reading about "Magazines in public places" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hso
September 23, 2008, 09:28 AM
Don't know where you live, but they're on the grocery store shelves and were on the shelves in Atlanta last time I flew through there.

Stores put out what sells. If it doesn't sell they use the space for something else. Ask the manager to stock what you want then back it up with your money.

El Tejon
September 23, 2008, 09:31 AM
Where do you live? East Coast?

This summer I bought a Guns & Ammo at O'Hare, the busiest airport in North America.

everallm
September 23, 2008, 09:50 AM
Last time I went through Newark (New Jersey) they had G&A, Shotgun News and SWAT. They don't have a big selection but then they have limited sales space so stock what sells, pure economics not anti firearms.

American_Pit_Bull
September 23, 2008, 10:19 AM
Last time I flew out of Pittsburgh, they had gun rag at their stores.

mp510
September 23, 2008, 10:24 AM
What individual magazine racks have is really based on whatever the distributor provides an individual store with. I believe it has to do with sales, or what they think might sell. Businesses are out there to make money, not to be ideologues.

FireArmFan
September 23, 2008, 12:48 PM
I bought a Combat Handguns magazine at the Airport in Orlando on the way back to Minneapolis in late June. They had a pretty decent selection of gun related magazines.

JR1
September 23, 2008, 12:51 PM
Bought a Deer and Deer Hunting in Chicago airport this past summer.

GEM
September 23, 2008, 12:51 PM
The 'dirty' magazines in airports are there to sell to businessman travelers to buy when they are away from their wives. They can 'look' at them in their hotel rooms in privacy. That's why downtown business hotels have them also.

Wives don't get that mad if you buy Guns and Ammo and bring it home. They look askance at "Buns and Whammo".

Very simple.

Blofeld
September 23, 2008, 01:01 PM
Has anyone ever seen a negative gun review in a magazine?:confused:

Dgreno
September 23, 2008, 01:08 PM
I tend to bring my own when I travel on a train. I don't fly but had to pick up a friend at an airport recently. There were a few "gun" mags on the shelves of the news stand.

Jorg Nysgerrig
September 23, 2008, 02:36 PM
Anyone else experience this?

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=265289

10/22plinker
September 23, 2008, 05:58 PM
Well just a while ago in July Ohare didn't have any gun magazines trust me I searched everywhere because i was upset ( whenever i go on vacation i get a gun & ammo)

Sean Dempsey
September 23, 2008, 06:08 PM
Here in southern utah, if you try and buy a gun magazine in a store, you'll be in BIG trouble.

the fat, short, middle aged woman cashier will want to talk to you about guns for like an hour.

god, and it's deer hunting season now... I can't go anywhere with guns in my face!

Seriously though, if you want to live in a gun haven, move to Southern Utah. I can't walk in a parking lot right now without seeing a few rifles in peoples hands and in trucks everywhere I look.

mercop
September 23, 2008, 07:31 PM
Much to my surprise there were a few gun rags for sale in the Chicago O'Hare airport when I was there for the Chicago Custom Knife Show two weeks ago.

What amazes me are places like Target who sell teen and rap magazines with half naked girls and convicted felons on the cover but not those dangerous gun magazines.

KiltedClaymore
September 23, 2008, 08:14 PM
last time i flew i bought a guns&ammo as well as american handgunner in the airport kiosks

"Buns and Whammo".

ROTFLMAO

NonConformist
September 23, 2008, 08:40 PM
Because guns are bad! Only criminals use guns, and only the Police and Military should have them!

bonza
September 23, 2008, 08:45 PM
A few years ago I noticed that it was almost impossible to buy a firearm-related magazine at any of the airports I passed through. It seems that things have changed of late, as I've been seeing them in all the airport magazine racks I've looked at recently.

Artiz
September 23, 2008, 08:47 PM
Because guns are bad! Only criminals use guns, and only the Police and Military should have them!
LOL, even here in Quebec City, Canada we have gun magazines like Guns&Ammo, so...

jonmerritt
September 23, 2008, 09:32 PM
You don't see them because they are normally sold out.

If you enjoyed reading about "Magazines in public places" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!