NEF Tracker ll

PDA

5ptdeerhunter
January 14, 2003, 07:08 PM
I have a friend who is going to sell me a NEF Tracker ll in 20 gauge. I have heard that you can buy new barrels for some NEF. Is this true? I am only paying $50 so if I can't get new barrels it doesn't bother me.

If you enjoyed reading about "NEF Tracker ll" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Dave McCracken
January 14, 2003, 10:37 PM
A tough as nails shotgun that'll last forever for $50? Lots of these singles are owned/operated by folks with a penchant for thrift and the joy of a truly lightweight shotgun. With 7/8 oz loads, that oughta be a nice bird gun, and I bet there's a slug out there your 20 will like.

SOME NEFs can be fitted with SOME extra barrels. Check with them, but I'd be tempted to leave it as is. Did deer hunt with a similar gun, but it was a 30-30. The 4X Fixed power Leopold on it was worth 2X what the rifle was.

The idea of a combo gun is tempting though...

One caveat, the triggers on these are heavy to very heavy for such a lightweight. Getting it right can be expensive, those receivers are not easily dismatled. You might want to think of either a trigger job, a shoe, or both....

5ptdeerhunter
January 16, 2003, 11:04 PM
I went and bought the gun this afternoon. I have seen it before so I knew it wasn't in a bad condition. I haven't personally shot it but I have seen the guy shooting it.

Now that I have the gun sitting in my lap I have some more information. It is a Pardner Tracker ll SB1 20ga. 3" cyl bore.
Now that I have this information can someone tell me for sure if I can get new barrels for it.

Thanks, fivept.

Flatfender
January 21, 2003, 01:11 AM
You can go here for the barrel program:

http://www.hr1871.com/barrelAcc/index.htm

;)

If you enjoyed reading about "NEF Tracker ll" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!