Did some one delete my thread?

PDA

Voodoochile
September 24, 2008, 06:38 AM
I had a thread started in the Black Powder forum titled ".44 caliber bullets for sale." & it is gone, I don't even see it in my own history.

Could some one explain?

If you enjoyed reading about "Did some one delete my thread?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Maelstrom
September 24, 2008, 08:16 AM
There's a selling FAQ.

Usually the most common thing people seem to do is forget to put their state in the subject line or forget to ask a price.

Voodoochile
September 24, 2008, 09:01 AM
I didn't forget a price & since I was willing to ship it I didn't think it was necessary.

3pairs12
September 24, 2008, 09:03 AM
If you put it in the blackpowder section it may have been moved to reloading equip for sale.

Voodoochile
September 24, 2008, 10:47 AM
It was not moved. :(

nalioth
September 24, 2008, 11:27 AM
I didn't forget a price & since I was willing to ship it I didn't think it was necessary. As mentioned, sales posts are removed if they don't conform to the simple sales forum rules.

Doesn't matter if you were willing to ship or not.

Voodoochile
September 24, 2008, 11:56 AM
OK
Well I put in the reloading gear for sale section I'll see how long it stays.

Mal H
September 24, 2008, 12:10 PM
The other member's above were correct, your thread was deleted because you failed to add your location to the title. That one rule is a no-exceptions rule, and it applies no matter where you placed your for-sale ad.

The one you just created should remain for a long time since you did add your state to the title.

Since this is a public thread, I'll give everyone a little tip, if you are a major contributor to the main THR forums (as I consider you to be, Voodoochile), we will usually edit your title if you forgot to add your state if and only if you include your location in your profile (which you don't). We aren't going to go searching for the location even if you joined day 1 and have 4,000 contributing posts. As I said just a little tip to help out the true contributors.

kingpin008
September 24, 2008, 12:11 PM
Whoops. Mis-read the thread. My apologies!

Voodoochile
September 24, 2008, 12:31 PM
The other member's above were correct, your thread was deleted because you failed to add your location to the title. That one rule is a no-exceptions rule, and it applies no matter where you placed your for-sale ad.

The one you just created should remain for a long time since you did add your state to the title.

Since this is a public thread, I'll give everyone a little tip, if you are a major contributor to the main THR forums (as I consider you to be, Voodoochile), we will usually edit your title if you forgot to add your state if and only if you include your location in your profile (which you don't). We aren't going to go searching for the location even if you joined day 1 and have 4,000 contributing posts. As I said just a little tip to help out the true contributors.

Ah no probs, & I thought I did have my location set up in my profile "must have forgotten that"

Mal H
September 24, 2008, 01:01 PM
:D

Good deal. If you had added it previously, we wouldn't be having this conversation. But maybe it will help out some others so it's probably a good conversation to have.

If you enjoyed reading about "Did some one delete my thread?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!