Closed?

PDA

PHJG
September 24, 2008, 11:13 AM
I wrote my first post about an hour ago today in the "General Discussion" section titled, "Wal-Mart 'Rifle or pistol?'" and had about 6 replies.
When I tried to add something and reply - I noticed that the thread had been closed.

Why would that be?

Thanks,
PHJG

If you enjoyed reading about "Closed?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mal H
September 24, 2008, 11:18 AM
Can I assume the info in the closing post wasn't sufficient information as to why it was closed?

You might also want to read the final line in Justin's signature (the moderator who closed the thread). I think that says it all. We get so many Wal*Mart complaint threads (for lack of a better term, though yours wasn't necessarily a complaint) that we sometimes just shoot 'em on sight without an explanation.

VARifleman
September 24, 2008, 11:20 AM
Justin left a message at the bottom of the thread after he closed it. There are a lot of threads explaining the answer to what you asked. Basically, WalMart has been doing it for years and it stems from the 68 GCA that states that handgun ammo can't be sold to those under 21, and rifle and shotgun ammo can't be sold to those under 18. Hope that helps.

PHJG
September 24, 2008, 11:44 AM
Thanks for the clarification.

In fact the replies mentioning the age requirement is the reason I was going to post a message - I'm 42 (and look it). So the replies about age don't seem to cover my particular experience. Unless they just "card" everyone regardless.

Be well,
PHJG

VARifleman
September 24, 2008, 11:48 AM
I'm not a worker there, so I don't know what the register brings up, but I would guess that it doesn't state age requirements before the answer to the question is inputted and since most wouldn't know why the question is in there and what age levels it involves, they ask it anyway, even though to someone that knows why the question is there would recognize it as not pertinent for you. Or it could be a case of a clerk that cards everyone...like the one that carded my mother for alcohol...silver hair and all.

If you enjoyed reading about "Closed?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!