POLL Which country poses the greatest danger to world peace in 2003? USA IS LOSING

PDA

AZTOY
January 14, 2003, 06:30 PM
Which country poses the greatest danger to world peace in 2003?

North Korea 9.1 %

Iraq 11.4 %

The United States 79.5 %

http://www.time.com/time/europe/gdml/peace2003.html

If you enjoyed reading about "POLL Which country poses the greatest danger to world peace in 2003? USA IS LOSING" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Monkeyleg
January 14, 2003, 06:39 PM
:mad: is right.

Let's start a new poll: which continent would be more convenient for Saddam to hit if he acquires nuclear weapons? Europe or North America?

blades67
January 14, 2003, 06:46 PM
Get over it. It's an opinion poll.:rolleyes:

Delmar
January 14, 2003, 06:49 PM
Peace at what price?

Airwolf
January 14, 2003, 06:52 PM
:banghead: :cuss: :banghead: :cuss:

Doesn't ANYONE on this :cuss: planet study history?!?!

Sitting on your butt and allowing the bad guys to build up strength and make the first move leads to far more death and destruction than taking premptive action.

Add in WMD's into the picture and things get real ugly, real fast.

I am really starting to support the idea of telling the rest of the world to :cuss:, and bring our troops and money home.

We're so evil and bad, fine. The problem is in YOUR backyard, not ours. YOU DEAL WITH IT.

larryw
January 14, 2003, 07:45 PM
Its Time Magazine, what did you expect?

Pendragon
January 14, 2003, 08:10 PM
World Peace is a total fantasy.

Cold Fusion in every home is going to happen long before "World Peace".

As long as we are human, we will have jealousy, anger, pride, lust, greed and the desire to exploit other people for the betterment of the self.

World Peace is genetically impossible in humans.

Matthew Courtney
January 14, 2003, 08:26 PM
Aren't those the same folks that kept negotiating with Hitler?

Airwolf
January 14, 2003, 08:31 PM
Agreed.

I think too many people on this planet have forgotten that at the heart of civilization and all that goes with it are humans that will be driven by emotions and needs for thousands of years to come.

It's like these people that talk about being passive when attacked, give the BG what he wants, I'd rather be raped than have someone with a gun defend me. All idealistic crap. Push comes to shove one of two things can happen.

1. You respond to the threat and defend yourself.

2. You die.

Those that successfully accomplish #1 strengthen the species. Those that accomplish #2 do so also either by example to others or assuming they haven't reproduced yet.

Unfortunately our civilization has created a third option. Let someone else defend you and continue to exist. It would seem that a lot of the world has chosen door #3 courtesy of the United States. (WWI, WWII, Korea and the Cold War).

Option 3 ultimately weakens nations and peoples that grow dependant on others, unable to live up their full potential.

Our generosity and compassion is contributing to our eventual downfall if we don't wake up soon.

WonderNine
January 14, 2003, 08:34 PM
Guys before you go off on more rants please realize this is TIME MAGAZINE and the EUROPEAN one.

This is to be expected.

UnknownSailor
January 14, 2003, 08:37 PM
Agreed. Let's stop propping up the defense of these European countries, and let them fend for themselves. See if they can support their massive entitlement programs and a proper defense budget at the same time.

I'll wait.

When the inevitable happens, and war breaks out, we go in, kick some *** again, and this time make them States. 51-59 or so.

Shalako
January 14, 2003, 08:40 PM
Excellent assessment Airwolf.

I also think the folks who take door #2 think they are of higher moral fiber than those who take #1 or #3. But we will never know will we, cause their dead. Oh well. What irks me is the ones who took #3 always come out later saying they are of a higher moral fiber than the guys from door #1.
That's troublesome.

-Shalako

Mannlicher
January 14, 2003, 08:51 PM
Those Eurowhores are happy as long as they dont have to fight their own battles.

I think the next time they decide to fight each other though, we should sit that one out......................

Zundfolge
January 14, 2003, 09:13 PM
What a bunch of idiots :rolleyes:

Blaming the US for "ending world peace" is like blaming cops for crime ... if they weren't there to arrest those criminals there wouldn't be any.

okay, one more :rolleyes:

G-Raptor
January 14, 2003, 10:06 PM
Ummm, excuse me, but WHEN have the Europeans been RIGHT about ANYTHING in the last hundred years? :rolleyes:

10-Ring
January 14, 2003, 10:44 PM
Current greatest threat is from Iraq :cuss: & it's not a matter of peace at any cost, but the US & its allies doing the right thing in eliminating Hussein's ability to make & use his weapons of mass distruction.

OF
January 14, 2003, 10:46 PM
Time magazine isn't even worth the effort to shred to start my wood stove. Damn laminated pages won't burn worth a damn.

- Gabe

dave
January 15, 2003, 05:34 AM
Well, truth be told, I'm not altogether unhappy that the rest of the world is starting to fear us a bit. Throughout history, the country that all the others see as being "in control" has always been a little feared.

Only thing that scares me is the liberals regaining power, we will then be handing out money to every country that cries (N Korea?), it will be open season on our citizens, the UN will lead us and once again, we'll be loved by all.

Bruz
January 15, 2003, 05:52 AM
We're so evil and bad, fine. The problem is in YOUR backyard, not ours. YOU DEAL WITH IT.

AMEN to that. Lets turn our grains into methane and let our farmers make some money for a change...stop sending BILLIONS of dollars overseas and use that money to seal up our borders and to buy rockets to blow stuff up. :fire:

What really tics me off is that SOUTH Korea and everyone else have already forgotten about all our brave soldiers we sent over there to protect them last time they had there tail in a sling! :cuss: Well we have not forgotten, thank you to everyone that risked their life and limbs for protecting the world!

denfoote
January 15, 2003, 06:04 AM
Actually I think North Korea is more of a threat because as long as the inspectors are in Iraq, Saddam has to keep moving his stuff. The Commies already have threatened to turn us into a lake of fire!!! I say let the UN do it's thing while we take out that reactor!! Hell, it was built with our tax dollars!! :banghead:

1goodshot
January 15, 2003, 07:33 AM
Mexico

hansolo
January 15, 2003, 10:49 AM
Tired of all the Anti-USA sentiment from the countries
that we saved from Fascism in WWII, as well as the help we gave in Korea, 'Nam and Persian Gulf?
Now, Euro-creeps call us the Bully of the Universe.....:cuss: them and the horse they rode- in on. Let's take-out Hussein and the A*****e in N. Korea and take care of our own for a change. My opinion. I think the World community owes the USA a major apology:
"Thanks, Mac, we appreciate your help!"

crawfordew
January 15, 2003, 11:05 AM
If the Europeans dislike us so much why do they keep inviting us to all their wars?

crawfordew ;)

Russ
January 15, 2003, 11:12 AM
The U.S. is the baddest thing since the great days of Rome. I suspect we will be for some time. The EU consists of impotent passifists. The Arabs have some stones but if they make us real mad, they will end up like Japan. Someday, this may all change, but not in my lifetime. Who can dispute us even momentarily?

I could give you a religious reason, but I don't want to create a fire and get banned from the board.

armabill
January 15, 2003, 11:27 AM
As long as there are people on the planet, there will never be peace. There is always some kind of conflict going on somewhere in the world.

Even the lowly animals have their differences now and then. It's nature.

thumbtack
January 15, 2003, 11:35 AM
WE'RE #1 WE'RE #1 WE'RE #1.

Who cares what others think, lets just do the job and come home.

blueeyedsoul
January 15, 2003, 11:40 AM
WE'RE #1 WE'RE #1 WE'RE #1.

Who cares what others think, lets just do the job and come home.

That's what Hitler said, too... You know the rest...

AmericanFreeBird
January 15, 2003, 11:48 AM
Well, I hate to sound like I'm America bashing because the poll is summing up a larger issue in one sentence.

America is the biggest threat to the farsical fantasy so called "World Peace" right now. Now whether or not that is a bad thing is yet another story.

We reacted (we The United States) exactly wrong to the attack from Osama's bunch of thugs. Instead of closing our borders, finding and expelling all illegal aliens, securing entry into this country of terrorists and their equipment, and empowering the average American to be able to defend himself on a darned aircraft we opted for international, expesive, wars.

Now don't misunderstand me, kicking OBL out of Afghanistan was a good thing, surprised the hell out of him I'll wager. But continuing to resolve old political differences like our failed Gulf war number one by using the "war on terror" as the excuse is also fundamentally flawed.

The same threat of mutual self destruction that we had with the old (and current) soviet union must be made clear to anyone developing weapons of mass destruction. Simple, you nuke us, even one little tiny nuke, and you and your whole country is all done, well done!

Had the Bush administration attempted any real "homeland security" I'd be more supportive of it. Unfourtunately our government has only moved to protect itself, not us. We The People are left on our own to live or die on the whim of the next terrorist that slips through the net.

By the way, how do you fight a war on "terror", duh, war is declared between governmental states. What are they teaching in these schools these days anyway?

ABF

JohnBT
January 15, 2003, 04:37 PM
Let 'em vote.

They'll still try to move here if we if 'em half a chance.

John

Admiral Thrawn
January 15, 2003, 08:50 PM
"I am really starting to support the idea of telling the rest of the world to f*** off, and bring our troops and money home.

We're so evil and bad, fine. The problem is in YOUR backyard, not ours. YOU DEAL WITH IT."

That is how i'm feeling as well about US Armed Forces being deployed overseas so often...

Nearly everything the US does overseas eventually comes back to bite them in the ***, and most of the world gives them no thanks.

Also, many governments of the world are so terribly corrupt, that once US and UN peacekeeping forces withdraw, the corrupt governments can continue on with their attrocities.

It almost seems futile in the long run.

The overseas action that I do encourage is such things as the liberation of the POW camp in Vietnam, Son Tay, and the destruction of the Taliban in Afghanistan.

I'd like to see US and UN forces (as well as Australian forces!)liberate those torture and death camps in North Korea... what goes on there are crimes against humanity IMO.

fallingblock
January 15, 2003, 09:12 PM
Another Aussie who thinks like me...and just 'down the road' a bit as well.:D

I'd like to see the ABC subjected to some 'reality' training in this subject...instead of fawning to the internationlists who would redraw Australia as 'part of Asia' and believe the U.S. is the one creating the problems in today's world.:banghead:

Monkeyleg
January 15, 2003, 11:09 PM
I never thought I'd buy into the Pat Buchanan line, but I'm really getting frustrated with the rest of the world. Roughly twenty-five cents of every dollar I pay in taxes goes to defend countries that spit in our face.

I'm not quite there yet, but I'm approaching the view that we circle our ships around our shores, tell the rest of the world (with just a couple of exceptions) to shove it, and then negotiate with the winner. Meanwhile, we build our arsenal to the point where we make the "winner" an offer he can't refuse.

My nephew's now 42. He's been at sea for most of his life, defending countries that despise us. I don't want him to die for some Euro-trash US-bashers.

JohnKSa
January 15, 2003, 11:41 PM
Threat 1

North Korea.

Has Nukes and is almost certainly willing to sell them (or trade them for food ;) )

Saving grace is that they don't have many and have a hard time getting fissile material.

Threat 2

China.

Has Nukes in large quantities and the mindset to use them under the right circumstances. Is also constantly mad at the US over Taiwan. Probably willing to back North Korea again if the chips are down.

Threat 3

Iraq.

Has little to lose and little in the way of collective brains. Will probably use whatever means at it's disposal at some point in the future to further Sodom's agenda.

That's just if you want to look at it from a NATIONAL standpoint.

If you want the number one threat to the world, it's Muslim extremists.

The Europeans are merely jealous that they no longer the center of attention after centuries of collectively being the number one threat to "world peace."

sixgun_symphony
January 16, 2003, 03:34 AM
I would like for US to pull our troops out of Europe.

We can build a few more aircraft carriers, expand our Navy, and restore our merchant marine sea lift capability rather than depend on those NATO bases in Europe.

clange
January 16, 2003, 04:01 AM
The problem with the europeans is that they have convinced themselves a strong military is no longer important (those who dont study history are doomed to repeat it). Meanwhile they cant even prevent genocide on their continent, much less any worldwide issues. Any time the **** hits the fan they rely on us. Then later they label us war mongerers and say such military is not needed. Personally i think we should stay out of ALL world affairs, no aid, no military missions, no nothing. Let them **** each other up for a few decades to knock some sense back into them. I'm tired of us trying to play the good guy when no one wants us. **** them all.

Kahr carrier
January 16, 2003, 04:23 AM
:what:

If you enjoyed reading about "POLL Which country poses the greatest danger to world peace in 2003? USA IS LOSING" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!