Walker muzzle diameter?

PDA

StrawHat
September 26, 2008, 12:03 PM
Some of you may have seen the Walker snubby I posted on the "Official THR Walker thread".

I am going to go ahead and fit a new barrel to the barrel lug and would like some help.

What I need from any and all willing to respond is this.

On my revolver, the barrel diameter is .785 where it enters the lug. I need to know the barrel diameter (OD) at the muzzle of a full length barrel.

I will use a chunk of barrel and turn it to match an italian barrel but I still need that number.

Of course if anyone can supply the diameters from an original Walker, I would use those.

Thanks for the help.

If you enjoyed reading about "Walker muzzle diameter?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
scrat
September 26, 2008, 02:40 PM
Uberti Walker .755 Measure at the muzzle just in front of the site

jwr747
September 26, 2008, 03:59 PM
my "Signature" mod. Colt walker is not round at all. measures .752-.765 in front of front sight jwr

K.A.T.
September 26, 2008, 08:07 PM
Colt Walker 2nd gen. At the lug mine is .784 at the muzzle it is .734

StrawHat
September 29, 2008, 08:36 AM
Quite a variance in diameters. I like that.

I guess the first thing I'll do is to make up some dummy barrels from wood and see what I like. It is a Walker so it's not like the taper is going to lighten the thing!

ANd thanks for the help guys.

mike6975
September 29, 2008, 08:48 AM
were is that pic strawhat i can't find it,i want to make a snubby dragoon for myself,whatcha think about that one?:D

mike

StrawHat
September 29, 2008, 10:37 AM
Here you are Mike,

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc194/StrawHat/IMGP1003.jpg

Why are you wanting to chop a Dragoon? Fast draw?

Seriously, any questions, ask and I'll be glad to offer suggestions.

scrat
September 29, 2008, 05:29 PM
i just dont know how to comment on that picture anymore. its well frustrating. please fix it

StrawHat
September 30, 2008, 10:04 AM
After a bit more research, I am coming to believe it was built by ASM not Uberti as I originally believed.

Still it's worth repairing and shooting.

If you enjoyed reading about "Walker muzzle diameter?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!