The current "situation"

PDA

Newton
September 28, 2008, 02:56 AM
I just want to clarify if we the members are allowed to discuss any aspects of the current ownership dispute surrounding THR.

I have no desire to start any verbal shennanigans, and I'm sure there is more than one side to this debate, but I've been a member here at THR for some time now, and wouldn't want to prejudice my own standing in what is surely the foremost firearms discussion forum, so I'm treading carefully.

The reason I ask is because there is a lot of the usual mis-information floating arond on other boards, and it would be nice to get some quotable facts on the table in our own site to counter some of our detractors.

If the subject is completely out of bounds I will of course understand.

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "The current "situation"" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
scrat
September 28, 2008, 03:10 AM
i wouldnt there is already enough junk going around. The mods will know more than the members. So having member to member talks is not going to do anything but stir up more stuff that we dont need. It should not have been brought to the forum as it is. Lets keep THR THR.

kingpin008
September 28, 2008, 03:38 AM
If other members of other boards have questions regarding the recent events, I'd refer them to either Derek or Oleg. If either of them see fit to explain the happenings, so be it. If not, then at least it was their choice. In all honesty, I agree that it should never have been made public. It's only caused disruption and infighting here on THR, which is unfortunate because that's exactly the thing that THR tries to aviod creating in the shooting community, and because nobody on the board besides Oleg, Derek, and maybe some of the Mods have any idea what the real story is. All we can do is speculate and take sides, which isn't helpful at all.

twitch57
September 28, 2008, 04:55 AM
its funny

several threads a day asking *** is going on regarding the ownership, and subsequently getting closed is way more entertaining than one thread explaining everything.

cheers

JShirley
September 28, 2008, 11:09 AM
kingpin008 has a good take on this.

There are obviously at least two sides to every story. One side wants to argue this publicly, and the other believes open quarreling about THR is bad for the board and anithetical to the way THR has always been run.

If this could have been resolved peacefully, it probably already would have been. The lawyers have it now, so discussing it here will only create more controversy and ultimately hurt the board. One of the many good things about THR is that we have never allowed discussion of problems on other boards. Unfortunately, many other boards don't have our standards- but those standards are how we got our name.

John

goon
September 28, 2008, 11:53 AM
It's pretty much past the point where any of our discussions will make any difference.

At the same time, I logged on yesterday and found threads referring to the "situation" sort of hidden away where most members wouldn't think to look for them. Those threads were also all closed and as such, prevented anyone from asking for more clarification.
I had to go to other boards just to find out what was going on.
Since this is out now, it would be nice to have been told what's going on by my "own" people rather than just reading about a bunch of locked/deleted threads (which again, is the only info I could get from those other boards).

There also is apparently something shady going on here - someone who has been professing taking "The High Road" has also not been practicing what they preach. As of yet, I don't know enough to decide who that someone is, but it does bother me a little that someone who is/was calling the shots over here hasn't been following his own rules.

JShirley
September 28, 2008, 12:02 PM
At the same time, I logged on yesterday and found threads referring to the "situation" sort of hidden away where most members wouldn't think to look for them. Those threads were also all closed and as such, prevented anyone from asking for more clarification.

Goon, I know you just read my post. Why would those who believe open conflict is bad for THR want to give you "more clarification"?

The two individuals most associated with THR have a disagreement they have been unable to resolve peacefully. Resolving it has unfortunately been taken to legal channels.

That's all that's really necessary to know, and public sparring can only hurt THR.

If you enjoyed reading about "The current "situation"" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!