Dillon strong mounts on another press?

PDA

WhoKnowsWho
September 10, 2003, 07:48 PM
Anyone tried to use them on something other than a Dillon?

I think my little bench would like me much more if I spread the load a bit more...

If you enjoyed reading about "Dillon strong mounts on another press?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JoeHatley
September 10, 2003, 08:03 PM
Darn good question! As another reloader with limited space, I'd also love to know...

Joe

Jeeper
September 10, 2003, 09:43 PM
You would almost need them on something that had 4 bolts though which eliminates a lot of presses.

swifter
September 10, 2003, 09:51 PM
My buddy modified a couple to mount a Rockchucker & something else, bolted the bottom to some 2" thick steel plate, so its "moveable", albeit with some effort...:scrutiny: Seems happy with it, but doesn't load much anymore. Might be why...:evil:

Tom

WhoKnowsWho
September 11, 2003, 09:58 AM
I suppose I could mount a piece of thick wood to the top of the strong mounts and then mount the press to that wood?

I knew I got a drill for odds and ends around the house!

Steve Smith
September 11, 2003, 10:03 AM
Do it just like making an adapter plate for trannys and t-cases.

I've mounted many a GM tranny to a Toyota T-case, or GM engines to Toyota trannys, or Toy engines to GM this and thats.

If you enjoyed reading about "Dillon strong mounts on another press?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!