Can someone help me ID and find this part

PDA

rommer25
October 4, 2008, 01:40 AM
I got this Remington 1858 in 36 Cal. on line. I brought it on impulse (I have to stop doing that).

It is a DART. In spite of it's reputation, It is seems well fitted. It shoots very well and is accurate (as much as I am). I was thinking of replacing the bolt. However, I do not know who made these revolvers. Could someone identify the bolt? Thanks in advance for the benefit of your experience, TM.

Pictured is a Remmington bold (old one) from Cabales and below is the DART bolt.

No guesses yet? I am capable of shaping one from a similar bolt. The Remington with it is too long in the body. Any suggestions? I've included photos of the pistol. It has no markiings other than a serial number and the word DART on the bottom of the butt.

If you enjoyed reading about "Can someone help me ID and find this part" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "Can someone help me ID and find this part" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!