Where did a bunch of the Moderators go?

PDA

JADoe01
October 4, 2008, 05:19 PM
I've spoken to 3 (now-ex) Mods, who stated they were sacked.

Given their years of commendable service to THR, how serious are the offenses?

If you enjoyed reading about "Where did a bunch of the Moderators go?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Eleven Mike
October 4, 2008, 07:50 PM
http://olegvolk.livejournal.com/474369.html

NonConformist
October 4, 2008, 07:56 PM
Hostile takeover much!

Eleven Mike
October 4, 2008, 07:59 PM
I should have added to my post that some moderators have been booted in the course of this - uh - unpleasantness.

Stephen A. Camp
October 4, 2008, 09:06 PM
Hello. My leaving was voluntary and with no pressure whatsoever from either "side" in this issue. I had been considering it for quite a while.

Best.

orionengnr
October 4, 2008, 09:17 PM
And quite the loss it was. Sorry to see you go. :(

The quality of THR has been diminishing lately (last 3-6 months or so). I thought it was just me, but in the last few weeks I've read posts about the unpleasantness mentioned above, and that explains a lot.

I find myself spending less time on THR lately as a result.

Exmasonite
October 5, 2008, 02:14 AM
Zero posts? really? Joined "10-4-08"....

Are you stirring the pot or is the pot stirring you?

hso
October 5, 2008, 02:14 AM
The "sacking" of moderators was limited to one person. Another handful have decided to "hand in their keys" without being asked and with being asked to stay. They're still here, just not as mods.

JADoe01
October 5, 2008, 04:49 AM
Your statement of only one mod removed, seems in direct contrast to Oleg's; wheras he states:" ...He also removed most of the staff who opposed him."

JADoe01
October 5, 2008, 04:51 AM
I don't know what you mean about the pot, as I have no control over the program which may, or may not, count my submissions.

As for my join date, I finally decided to take the plunge and register after trolling the blog the past 2 years.

LaEscopeta
October 5, 2008, 10:30 AM
Your statement of only one mod removed, seems in direct contrast to Oleg's; wheras he states:" ...He also removed most of the staff who opposed him."Look for yourself at the member profiles of the mods you think “opposed” someone. It will show if they are still posting here at THR. You did not have to start a thread saying you have spoken to 3 mods without giving their names. Not sure why any mod would tell your they were sacked, given mods here have always been volunteers. Especially not sure why you need to speak for 3 unknown mods, given most mods post on other forums, have their own blogs, and have lots of other outlets to express their point of view themselves.

I finally decided to take the plunge and register after trolling the blog the past 2 years.Your word, my emphasis.

Since you registered, I assume you read the forum rules, including the one prohibiting one person having more than one user account.

Mal H
October 5, 2008, 11:27 AM
This thread started off with an untruth - three mods were not "sacked", and I seriously doubt they said they were. As hso stated one was indeed forced out by Derek, and that was a travesty, but water over the bridge at this point.

Any further discussion on this topic can only lead to more dissension, and that's what we need the very least of at this site.

hso
October 6, 2008, 05:07 PM
See Oleg's post at http://thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=398028 asking everyone to quit stirring the pot.

If you enjoyed reading about "Where did a bunch of the Moderators go?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!