Savage Mark 2 Modifications?

PDA

HeadlandRam
October 4, 2008, 05:12 PM
hello everyone,

I have a savage mark 2 w/o the accutrigger ( I named it Micheal :D)and I was wondering if there are tricks or mods for this gun or aftermarket stuff to do with this old bolt action

If you enjoyed reading about "Savage Mark 2 Modifications?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jjbduke2004
October 4, 2008, 10:39 PM
As a fellow Mark II owner, welcome to the club. Mine's an FVT with accutrigger.

As far as accessories, there are plenty out there you just need to know where to look. Unlike the Ruger 10/22, which has accessories up the yin-yang in every major catalog (Cabelas, etc.), there are a few places that specialize in Savage such as Sharp Shooter Supply (http://www.sharpshootersupply.com/) (triggers and stocks). Also remember that the reason the 10/22 has so many accessories is because in the early days they were very inaccurate and had to be "tricked up" to shoot straight (or so I've been told).

Rimfire Central's Savage forum has lots of discussion these sort of doodads.

gvnwst
October 4, 2008, 10:44 PM
Mine is named Jim.:D

Dookie
October 5, 2008, 02:49 AM
Trigger - Rifle Basix, SSS, or easy home trigger job.
Stock - Boyds, Richards, or any custom shop
Scope Mount - Someone makes a sweet one, HALO I believe

everything else is custom

rrflyer
October 5, 2008, 01:45 PM
suppost to be some custom tactical stocks for the MK II comign out pretty soon I hope.

theotherwaldo
October 5, 2008, 01:49 PM
I just call mine Doc. It's downright surgical.

If you enjoyed reading about "Savage Mark 2 Modifications?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!