Bushy Help!!!!

PDA

BIGRETIC
October 4, 2008, 07:46 PM
I have a Bush m4gery.Today after shooting 200 PMC's I tried a box of Wolf.HUGE MISTAKE!The bolt is stuck.I cannot move it with the charging handle.I have tried tapping the bolt with a brass rod.NO-GO.What do I need to do?

Thanks in advance!

If you enjoyed reading about "Bushy Help!!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
navajo
October 4, 2008, 08:08 PM
Its called pogo. If you have a collapsable stock, colapse it, smack the butt on the floor. works every time.
Had to do that wth a FAL.

NonConformist
October 4, 2008, 08:47 PM
I dont know why Wolf would cause such a failure, Im guessing maybe the cam pin is broke...

At any rate, what the above poster said should get it loose, but we mean smack it, HARD

October 4, 2008, 09:13 PM
My Bushy chrome-lined eats the Wolf stuff like candy, but the DCM non chrome-lined hates it. I think it has to do with the chamber crudding up and binding on the steel case, which doesn't contract after firing as much as the brass cases. If you shoot the Wolf, you'll find that you have to use that chamber brush a lot.

Steve in PA
October 4, 2008, 10:07 PM
My Bushmaster shoots Wolf MC just fine.

taliv
October 4, 2008, 10:17 PM
it does not usually require "hard" smacking. it requires pulling on the charging handle with one hand, while smacking the butt on the ground with the other. if you have a collapsible stock, make sure it's collapsed.

kid_couteau
October 4, 2008, 10:35 PM
I have had the same problem with Wolf in 223

Also with some reloads I did in which I used too low of a charge

Seems that if you have too little of a charge the gun short strokes and doesnt seat enough

Try hotter ammo

Also you can take off the upper, cock the hammer, put on safe, reassemble and repeat till it fires

Kid

BIGRETIC
October 4, 2008, 11:36 PM
AHHH!I ran a cleaning rod through it and knocked the case loose.I love the Bushy,but everyone is screaming at me"Colt,LMT,Noveske"What to do,EH?

navajo
October 5, 2008, 07:52 AM
My Bushmaster has been trouble free except for one bad mag, which became a target and one bad primer.
about 2,000 rounds fired.

moooose102
October 5, 2008, 08:15 AM
glad you got it free'd up. i wonder if it has to do with the clear "paint" on the wolf ammo semi-melting and building up. if you have a tight chamber, it might be something to check.

MIL-DOT
October 5, 2008, 12:22 PM
I mated an old Colt tri-guard upper on a Bushy lower, and it's as slick as the proverbial owl excrement !! No complaints about Bushmaster here !
Glad you fixed the problem, 'cause I didn't know WHAT to tell you !

green country shooter
October 5, 2008, 04:17 PM
There's no mystery about it. Steel does not expand as much as brass, so the steel case does not block the bore (obturate is the fancy word) as well as brass. Some powder creeps in around the case in the chamber. As long as you are only shooting steel it's normally not a problem, but if you then put a brass cased cartridge in, it will expand fully and stick in the burnt powder.

Wes Janson
October 5, 2008, 07:10 PM
There's no mystery about it. Steel does not expand as much as brass, so the steel case does not block the bore (obturate is the fancy word) as well as brass. Some powder creeps in around the case in the chamber. As long as you are only shooting steel it's normally not a problem, but if you then put a brass cased cartridge in, it will expand fully and stick in the burnt powder.

Bingo. Although in some rifles it will still jam up even if you're only shooting Wolf. When you get the case out, it's easy to tell by the flattened gobs of carbon along the length of the casing.

If you enjoyed reading about "Bushy Help!!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!