Advice on scope mounts savage 10FP

PDA

wingman
October 5, 2008, 01:10 PM
Looking to purchase a Savage 10FP 223 used for target shooting current maximum range of 300 yards, I plan on using a Nikon 6x18x40 or a Burris 6x18X42, mostly I'm confused on bases and rings, I like the idea of one piece base anyone have suggestions.? I've searched a number of threads but having a difficult time locating correct bases and ring height needed. I would like to stay in a medium price range.

If you enjoyed reading about "Advice on scope mounts savage 10FP" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ridgerunner665
October 5, 2008, 01:26 PM
For a 40mm scope, you can use the low rings (Leupold, Warne, etc. your choice), the 42mm scope may or may not require medium rings. Always mount a scope as low as possible...without it touching the barrel of course.

1 piece mounting rail for a Savage 223...hmmm...I'd have to look that one up to give an exact answer...but I can say this, the 223 does not have much recoil, so there is no real need for anything fancy. And the 2 piece mounts will make it easier to load those little rounds into the mag...

1 piece mounts are better (stiffen the action), but I would venture a guess that that would only matter on more powerful rounds.

jhansman
October 5, 2008, 02:30 PM
On my Savage 12VLP .223, I have a Dednutz one-piece mount and it is excellent. Workmanship is top notch, and it holds my Mueller Eraticator (w/ a 50mm objective) solidly. Highly recommeded. Not sure what kind of receiver the 10FP has, so you might want to call:

http://www.dnzproducts.com/index.php?main_page=index&zenid=d28010671901c44fcba129e1016733a9

brooks
October 6, 2008, 03:03 AM
Dednutz is a machined aluminum one piece mount and a sponsor over on the SavageShooter board.

I haven't seen a complaint on that board.

If you enjoyed reading about "Advice on scope mounts savage 10FP" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!