Gunbroker bubba of the day

PDA

atblis
October 6, 2008, 12:56 PM
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=112367524

:barf:

If you enjoyed reading about "Gunbroker bubba of the day" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
polizei36
October 6, 2008, 01:00 PM
I think this seller used this as a makshift walking stick for several years before posting it here. :D

Or...this was his experiment gone bad.:evil: And now he wants to get rid of it...:D

atblis
October 6, 2008, 01:04 PM
Read the description. The seller appears to have a sense of humour.

Apparently it has a chunk of a Honda engine block in there.

ZeSpectre
October 6, 2008, 01:05 PM
I simply could not stop laughing at some of the "description".

A 3-9X32 BUSHNELL IS MOUNTED. THE REAR RING HAS BEEN EPOXIED ON. I CRACK A PIECE OUT OF THE ENGINE CASE OF A HONDA 750 ONCE AND EPOXIED IT BACK IN. EVEN WITH THE HIGH OIL TEMPS IT RAN FOR ANOTHER 10 YEARS WITH OUT LEAKING TILL A LOCAL WRECKED IT.

So because a slop job worked on a Honda, it's good enough for a firearm?

THE ITEMS FOR SELL ON THIS AUCTION ARE ALSO FOR SALE AT MY GUN STORE <snip>... WE BOAST THE 2ND CLEANEST RESTROOMS IN THE FIREARMS INDUSTRY !

Oh man oh man, my ribs absolute ACHE from laughing at this one!

gvnwst
October 6, 2008, 01:07 PM
is there a way to post a thread of me up-chuking at this? oh, here is a smiley:barf::barf:
:D

Claude Clay
October 6, 2008, 01:09 PM
i'd buy from him. go with the pic's and enjoy the prose.

added a little insight as to how some people in MO pass the time.

ants
October 6, 2008, 01:26 PM
The seller is a gun shop in Missouri. I sincerely doubt he was the previous owner of the rifle. This is an old sporterized military rifle with lots of wear (bore is 90 percent!) he has for sale in the shop.

He uses the example of the Honda engine block to convince you that epoxy is strong. The engine block isn't epoxied to the rifle receiver, the rear scope mount is epoxied to the receiver.

R.W.Dale
October 6, 2008, 01:31 PM
other than the glued on scope mounts which should have been removed before listing this gun, this is actually a nice sporter, that at one time had a good deal of money and labor put into it. I just love the stock and octagonal barrel.

One thing I don't understand however is how the octagonal bbl interfaces with what appears to be a stub from the factory bbl? I wonder if it's just a cover.

hankdatank1362
October 6, 2008, 02:19 PM
SPORTERIESED

Man, there's a new term for ya. I like it better than "Sporterized."

And whose sig line around here says something to the effect of "Yeah, you can fid a way to mount a scope to just about any rifle, but it's usually an abomination." ? This hits the nail on the head.

Dave P
October 6, 2008, 02:23 PM
"WE BOAST THE 2ND CLEANEST RESTROOMS IN THE FIREARMS INDUSTRY ! "

and some of the worst spelling and grammar. Nice way to impress your clients.

atblis
October 6, 2008, 02:31 PM
The engine block isn't epoxied to the rifle receiver, the rear scope mount is epoxied to the receiver.
Yeah, I didn't get that the first time. I find his writing a little less than clear.

ATAShooter
October 6, 2008, 02:52 PM
This rifle was not "Pimped" out, it was Homey'd.:D

briansmithwins
October 6, 2008, 03:00 PM
I like how 'I drilled some holes in the barrel near the muzzle' became 'custom porting'

What a waste.

BSW

Gunnerpalace
October 6, 2008, 03:29 PM
LOL WUT?

QUE?

I don't know, I think I'll stop straining my brain on this

Speedo66
October 6, 2008, 03:33 PM
I think I find the "maybe a 6.5x55" to be the best.

You're a professional gun dealer and you don't know what caliber gun you're selling?!!! :eek:

R.W.Dale
October 6, 2008, 03:38 PM
what's funny I could take that stock and give it a little work to spiffy it up and it alone would sell on E-bay for more than this dealer is asking for the entire rifle. The other odd and end parts would probably net another $150

.......Damn maybe I need to bid

ColinthePilot
October 6, 2008, 04:07 PM
How the hell do people become business owners without being able to write in decent english? I don't care if this guy was handing out AR's with Aimpoints for 50 cents each, I wouldn't do business with him for his grammar and spelling alone. :banghead:

Kingcreek
October 6, 2008, 05:12 PM
I see a minimum bid of $250. is that optomism or delusion?
I hear about people repairing manifolds and blocks and such with JB weld and I suppose it might work for awhile but would anyone knowingly buy something like that?
I wonder if JB Weld is short for Joe Bubba.

halfbreed808
October 6, 2008, 05:23 PM
:DThats not JB Weld:D

Thats Gorilla Glue.It bubbles up at the joint like that when drying. I use it when fixing or making things out of wood. JB Weld would've looked nicer.at least he could've grinded it down after it dried.:evil::D

dirtyjim
October 6, 2008, 05:37 PM
there are much worse rifles than that on gunbroker.

Liberty1776
October 6, 2008, 05:58 PM
Heck, I've owed and hunted with worse rifles than that... not too sure about the custom porting job, though...

If you enjoyed reading about "Gunbroker bubba of the day" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!