Calverton Shooting Range, Inc. Ny

PDA

peck1234
October 6, 2008, 10:17 PM
Going to Calverton NY this weekend, it will be my first time there and I'm wondering what the deal is with targets. Ive heard some rumors that you can bring just about anything you want to shoot at? Such as Desks, soda cans, tv's just wondering what the real deal is.... any help from fellow long islanders is greatly appreciated.

Thanks...... MIke......

New York

If you enjoyed reading about "Calverton Shooting Range, Inc. Ny" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
gvnwst
October 6, 2008, 10:20 PM
i don't know if this is true, but that would be a AWESOME shooting range that let you bring TVs 'n stuff.... wonder if you have to clean it up:D

peck1234
October 9, 2008, 09:18 PM
Just got back from the range today, I asked the owner and he said yes about 15 years ago the place was a dump and it was basically bring whatever you shoot at...

Overall my favorite range ive been to yet, no mag limits, no rules on firing positions and really helpful people. 15 minutes of shooting, then cease fire, then 30 minutes of shooting followed by a cease fire. Just bring a staple gun and some targets and your all good! And for 12 bucks a day you cant beat it!

4Low
October 9, 2008, 11:00 PM
Hey, it's good to find a fellow Long Islander on here! I heard a story once that a guy brought what he thought was an empty propane tank to Calverton. Took one shot and KaBOOM! I believe they started cracking down on shooting at junk shortly thereafter.

aliveisalive
October 10, 2008, 12:14 AM
Calverton isnt bad, but its unfortuante that it closes at 4 on weekdays because i dont get out of class until 2 on fridays. Its good to know that other islanders our on this site though. If either of you guys want to pm me or give me a holler maybe we can arrange a meet out there and shoot some clays and targets or whatever.

-brian

Matthew Temkin
October 23, 2008, 12:36 AM
I'll be there on Friday, October 24th.
Anyone wants to hook up send me a PM

neal7250
October 23, 2008, 07:36 AM
When I lived on Long Island, I really enjoyed shooting at Calverton. I remember years ago, the first time that I shot there, I paid the guy in the car, and unloaded.

I asked the guy what the range rules were there, and his reply was,"don't shoot the guy next to ya". I don't recall, that any one ever had a problem there.

I really enjoyed that place.

If you enjoyed reading about "Calverton Shooting Range, Inc. Ny" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!