Obama AR-15

PDA

YoungGun
October 7, 2008, 02:34 AM
:confused:OK, so I am considering buying a new AR-15. But I'm wondering if I should wait? What are the odds of prices going up if O$&#@is elected? Also what are you guy/gals views on the odds of O$&#@ trying to enact the "assault"weapons ban again?

If you enjoyed reading about "Obama AR-15" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Code3GT
October 7, 2008, 02:36 AM
search function...and IBTL in 3...2...1...

ugaarguy
October 7, 2008, 02:39 AM
The man's voting record speaks for itself. Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

YoungGun
October 7, 2008, 02:42 AM
Code3GT

What do you mean?

EdLaver
October 7, 2008, 02:53 AM
You know...I've got something to say about this. We all have known for sometime that the probability of another ban was eminent so everyone should either have gotten all the firearms they wanted or are in the process to over the next several months. If you have everything you need, magazines and ammo included, then why worry about a ban. They arent going to come and take them from you if you already own it. I dont understand why people complain about a ban, if you have it already you have nothing to fear. Me personally I have one more firearm to get and then stock up on some ammo. My last firearm I am going to purchase is a DPMS 6.5 Creedmoor and then I'm done forever.

Golden Hound
October 7, 2008, 03:01 AM
I know politics aren't supposed to be discussed here but this situation of everyone getting very worked up over EBRs and possible new restrictions under an Obama presidency, I think it's a pretty important issue and one that is on a different level of relevance to this forum than typical partisan bickering. It's become a major issue, even to the point of possibly driving up prices on weapons which might fall under a potential ban, and it's obviously on a lot of people's minds. So, with that said, I think discussions of this topic should be allowed, up to a point. Just my 2 cents.

MAX100
October 7, 2008, 04:05 AM
The president can't pass a law by himself. He also needs a majority vote in congress. As long as the Republicans and a few Dems do their part it won't happen. With all of the sale outs we have in congress now I guess anything is possible. All of their votes are up for sale to the highest bidder.

Now is a good time to buy. If a Dem does get into office there will be a mad buying rush driving prices up on some items.

GC

ziggy222
October 7, 2008, 04:34 AM
if i see one more thing about dems and reps and gun bans i'm going to throw all my guns in a river and step in front of a train.um after i vote for obama lol.those politicians are to busy lining their pockets with their cut of 700billion right now to care one way or another about guns.you want a prediction?it will be a joint effort to take our guns just like last time.regan started the biggest antigun bill in history of the u.s. then bush added a bunch of guns to that bill.i found that out while i was researching my cetme rifle which is one of the guns bush put on it.then clinton a democrat signed the bill that 2 republicans had already written up.my cetme was legalized during the clinton administration again and then bush jr let the bill run out.these people that say if you don't vote for their preferred candidate that you will lose your guns would gladly support them even if they took our guns away anyway.after all its the one they support.i'll be so glad when this elections over so we can go on with our lives.

NWCP
October 7, 2008, 04:59 AM
If you want an AR15 buy one now. Not because of the pending election, but because you want it. Prices are going up over time not due to politics, but due to many other factors. A weak dollar had driven up a lot of gun prices and raw materials are more expensive as is labor costs so domestic firearms have seen price hikes as well. The biggest hit has been in the cost of ammo. You want one go for it. They aren't going to get any cheaper regardless who's elected. I'm not going to start hoarding ammo either. I like to have 500-1000 rounds of my favorites on hand anyway and I don't see 'them' banning specific calibers. An exception might be the 50cal BMG, or Barrett's .461. A typical knee jerk feel good move for the clowns we put in office is to restrict certain types of 'cop killer', or armor piercing rounds. JMHO.

smartshooter.45
October 7, 2008, 05:58 AM
even if obama does re enact the assault weapons ban i doubt he will do it in the beginning of his term. from the sounds of things he has alot of other things weighing more heavily in his agenda. it would be my guess we would still have a year or so after he is elected to buy whatever is missing from your collection. but as people have posted before i am anticipating price increases in assault rifles and ammo so buy sooner rather then later.

Code3GT
October 7, 2008, 06:19 AM
I agree smarshooter .45, its not the #1 dem priority, however it is definately on the To Do List

younggun, no offense to you, there's just been a flood of the same question lately and most have been locked b/c of the political factor. I'd say if you can afford it, do it. I'm building mine as soon as possible

barry960
October 7, 2008, 06:30 AM
This whole line of thinking really depresses me, but I always keep it in the back of my mind that gun grabbers will rear their ugly heads again. For a few years, I actually believed the whole 'debate' on gun bans was won, at least it sure seems like way more Americans are appreciative of our right to bear arms since 9-11-01, and I never get 'into it' with hoplophobes anymore. Even people in the political spectrum of the usual gun grabbers have softened on their stances in my experiences. That being said, they could just be lying in wait and building a war chest for a time when the political tides are going their way. Yes, sometimes there are Republicans who are on the wrong side of this, but never as deviantly and as venomously as the other side of the aisle and their contributors(*Soros, cough)

B.D. Turner
October 7, 2008, 06:36 AM
AR15's are as cheap as they have been in a long while. Even if the political situation were not so bleak can you think of a better time to get what you want? I remember before the 94 AWB I bought a few select pieces AK's, Daewoos, Uzi's, AR15's and a mint FNC. Six months into the ban I could name my price.
My first AR was a Colt SP1 new in box it was a whopping $400 of 1984 cash. The guy did throw in three new spare mags on the deal and two boxs of ammo.

JDGray
October 7, 2008, 10:09 AM
My last firearm I am going to purchase is a DPMS 6.5 Creedmoor and then I'm done forever.

Yeah, OK!!:D

moooose102
October 7, 2008, 10:30 AM
Obama = venomous snake in the grass! if he wins, he will try to get rid of as many guns as he can. i do not think he will win. but then i said the same thing about Clinton. you know what they say, "there is a sucker born every minute, and when they turn 18, they can vote!"

Shadowangel
October 7, 2008, 10:45 AM
Question. Will an assault weapon ban pass muster, considering Heller's ruling regarding "common use"? I would certainly say AR's are in common use, with the number that are out there.

Shear_stress
October 7, 2008, 10:46 AM
OK, so I am considering buying a new AR-15. But I'm wondering if I should wait? What are the odds of prices going up if Obama is elected? Also what are you guy/gals views on the odds of Obama trying to enact the "assault"weapons ban again?

Not sure what you're worried about. You currently live in a state that still has an active "assault weapons" ban on the books. You can sorta get a new AR in California, provided it's built on an "off list lower" (i.e. no Colts) and has a fixed ten round magazine or a "Monster Man" stock. In other words, you're already living in the future.

AndyC
October 7, 2008, 10:48 AM
Question. Will an assault weapon ban pass muster, considering Heller's ruling regarding "common use"? I would certainly say AR's are in common use, with the number that are out there.

So are pistols which hold more than 10 rounds in the mag - didn't do those fellers in DC much good :(

gunNoob
October 7, 2008, 10:50 AM
If another AWB passed would prices at gun stores drop drastically right before the ban?

buzz_knox
October 7, 2008, 10:57 AM
If another AWB passed would prices at gun stores drop drastically right before the ban?

Prices would skyrocket as people stocked up, just like last time.

gunNoob
October 7, 2008, 11:04 AM
Prices would skyrocket as people stocked up, just like last time.

Yeah.. Wish it was the opposite :P

everallm
October 7, 2008, 11:29 AM
Most of the people who foist this line on us tend be be those who want to sell you something.

How many, "I heard this at a gun show, gun shop, a guy I was buying a rifle from, on the Internet, jerky stall etc etc etc " threads have we had since before the primaries...?

"We're running out of 5.56/7.62x39/30-06/8mm Mauser, quick buy and stockpile, oh yeah it just happens I have some that is surplus to my requirements....."

"Day one Obama's gonna sign an AWB into law, better buy an AR now....What, were from, well I know a guy....."

"I'm telling ya, no magazines over 10 rounds, better grandfather NOW, a guy I was chatting to on ARFCOM told me. He's got stock he doesn't need any more...."

Doesn't mean something couldn't happen but I kinda think who ever gets in is going to be a little more worried about the economy don't you?

buzz_knox
October 7, 2008, 11:36 AM
Doesn't mean something couldn't happen but I kinda think who ever gets in is going to be a little more worried about the economy don't you?

Rational people had better things to worry about than gun control in 1934, 1968, 1986, 1989, 1990, 1993 and 1994. The irrational people didn't, and thus they achieved a victory for gun control in each of those years. They narrowly avoided victory in 2004, when they had absolutely ever reason NOT to push for an AWB renewal and did anyway.

With the economy in trouble and the promised social programs dead on arrival as a result, gun control will be an easy bone to throw to the "center" constituency. Gun control isn't on the minds of the population, so they won't have the energy or focus needed to fight it.

Besides, with the economy as it is, who do you think has the money to fight for their side: the tine percentage of gunowners who actually contribute to the cause or George Soros (who is likely making millions right now off the crisis)?

offthepaper
October 7, 2008, 11:38 AM
Buy cheap(er)
stack deep(er) :scrutiny:

Z-Michigan
October 7, 2008, 11:57 AM
Let's see - Heller hinged on whether a firearm is in common use. Obama's campaign is bringing people out of the woodwork to buy EBR's in fear of a new ban. Sounds to me like Obama may be accidentally ensuring the continued legality of EBR's!

Oh, and IBTL.

Phil DeGraves
October 7, 2008, 12:29 PM
If you have everything you need, magazines and ammo included, then why worry about a ban.

That's right. When they start rounding up all the Jews, if you are not a Jew, don't worry about it...

Why worry about it? Maybe because IT"S WRONG!

CRITGIT
October 7, 2008, 01:46 PM
Thanks to the existing incompetetent losers there are now much larger concerns facing this country, it's leaders and people!

When you're free falling from a burning building you rarely concern yourself with a possible new smoking ban!

CRITGIT

cchurchi
October 7, 2008, 02:06 PM
I just ordered a new AR based solely on the possibility of a B.H.O. crap fest.
My wife just got her CWP, and joined the NRA, and my mom just joined the NRA also.

I HOPE we see more CHANGE like this from other gun owners around the country.

Picard
October 7, 2008, 03:09 PM
If you don't have a defensive rifle, then buy an AR. If you already do, then it really doesn't matter. I guess one more added to the bunch can only help them become in "common use".

Regardless of if you have one or not, if a ban is passed, we all lose. We cannot let that happen, for the sake of those who want them after us. Who cares if I have one if my future son/daughter will not be able to share in my freedom?

It's not about the guns, it's about the right to own them. Again, if we lose that right, we all lose.

Grayrider
October 7, 2008, 05:15 PM
Personally I think he will be eager to come up with any sort of "feel good" issues he can to distract the sheeple from the fact that he has no policies that can really help the economy. An AWB may be very high on his list, along with a long list of other hokey laws designed to keep "change" coming and voters eyes off their shrinking wallets.

Also never forget that the most extreme anti-gun politicians on the left HATE gun owners. To them gun owners represent a solid block of voters that will NEVER vote for them, so they do not care what they do to us. They want to pass stricter gun control laws just to stick it to people they hate. I would say there are a few other interest groups the left feels the same way about such as religious conservatives, but they do not feel as free to act against them because it is not as well received by the public. After all gun control laws make us all safer, right?

:(

John

Der Verge
October 7, 2008, 07:20 PM
If you want any type of weapon you think could hit the ban list, do it now. McCain is a bigger gun grabber than Obama. Don't believe me, look at his voting record. Also check out the McCain gun show bill.

Kind of Blued
October 7, 2008, 07:27 PM
If you have everything you need, magazines and ammo included, then why worry about a ban.

Because I live in America where I have the right to keep and bear firearms and I'm very protective of it because I realize that losing it is the best way to send this country down the crapper. The Constitution and Bill of Rights weren't written with the idea of them applying only to those who were alive when it was written. There are Americans that don't exist yet who will be interested in firearms, but guess what, they still have the right to keep and bear arms, unless we lose it for them because "we had all of the stuff we needed".

They arent going to come and take them from you if you already own it.

But it sure would be easier to do that in the future after 30 years of nobody buying a gun, nobody shooting their guns, gun owners dying, and their guns being melted by the government. Notice none of those things oppose the "keeping" or "bearing" of arms.

I dont understand why people complain about a ban, if you have it already you have nothing to fear.

I might someday hope that my kids could enjoy these sports, with these tools, and could keep themselves from being murdered in their own homes. Now if the rules are we are only allowed to care about ourselves, I could think off well over 300 guns I would like to own before I die. I'm not sure I'll be able to buy them all in four weeks.

Me personally I have one more firearm to get and then stock up on some ammo. My last firearm I am going to purchase is a DPMS 6.5 Creedmoor and then I'm done forever. Good for you. It sounds like you're set. Is it ok if the government bans ammo and reloading components for your 6.5mm Creedmor rifle too? You'll get to keep your gun since you have the right to keep and bear arms, of course.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, rather, trying to make you think. An outright ban on ownership of firearms is not an overnight thing. It takes a lot of little steps and these steps have been occuring for almost a hundred years.

An "assault weapons" ban is a BIG step. One that you and I need to fight with everything we've got because we're not fools, and we see where this is heading.

aspade
October 7, 2008, 07:37 PM
McCain is hardly a friend of ours but he doesn't even approach Obama's level of anti-gun radicalism. Obama has voted or voiced his support for a ban and confiscation of all semi-auto rifles, all handguns, all centerfire rifle ammunition, closing all gun stores within 5 miles of a public place... Sarah Brady herself isn't a bigger gun grabber than Obama.

AR-15 Rep
October 7, 2008, 08:12 PM
Rifle prices are going up anyway with shipping, and the price of metals rising. right now some parts are harder to get than others but can be found, if there is a rush, prices will really go up due to demand and short supply.

Beren
October 7, 2008, 08:35 PM
You can find some decent deals right now at various locations. I've already bought a few new rifles, magazines, and other accessories as a hedge against an Obama victory. If he loses, I can sell off the "excess" later next year at little loss in value. I call it "Obama Insurance." The loss is just the premium on the insurance!

(Or my wife forgets what I bought and I get to keep them!)

I'm planning to add a few more rifles, lower receivers, and magazines prior to the election if things look bad for McCain.

Anyway, in an effort to keep this "on topic" and away from politics, consider these your Beren-approved options for an Obama AR-15.

1. Colt 6920
2. Colt 6520
3. LMT upper on a quality lower receiver (Anvil, Stag, Double Star, etc) & parts kit, with a Bravo Company bolt group.

Add magazines (DSG Arms has some good deals going), and some ammo.

NonConformist
October 7, 2008, 08:38 PM
We have Heller which says a weapon 'in common use at the time' cannot be banned, so no more AWBs (hopefully) and even id they do it will take months for it to go anywhere if it even makes it out of committe

Id say choose carefully, and dont rush out blindly before November

H2O MAN
October 7, 2008, 08:45 PM
Do it right and get yourself a Colt LE 6933 :evil:

elvis christ
October 7, 2008, 08:46 PM
While there is a possibility that gun control isn't at the top of Obama's "to do" list, just because he doesn't talk about it at length doesn't mean anything, it'd be silly to think that he wouldn't sign the first piece of gun control legislation that came across his desk. We do have a democrat controlled congress that has been drafting new legislation recently.

CRITGIT
October 7, 2008, 08:46 PM
Rifle prices are going up anyway with shipping, and the price of metals rising. right now some parts are harder to get than others but can be found, if there is a rush, prices will really go up due to demand and short supply.

Actually barrel oil is down substantially from where it was earlier this summer. When our econ slows, or in this case craters, so do others and so does world demand.
But prices are still out of control due to the devalued dollar... thanks to the spendarama of this adm. It's the invisible tax you can do little about until it's too late.
This Adm's Nixonian approval numbers are shameful!:eek: The worst in Pres history!:eek: Kinda like everything he touched turned to "mud"
Lovin' my guns is one thing.......... Lovin' my country trumps all else!

CRITGIT

RP88
October 7, 2008, 08:53 PM
"Even if I wanted to take your guns, I don't have the votes in congress to do it" - Barack Obama

keep in mind this: in six years, CCW and carry rights jumped to over 40 states. The EBR market became an actual market. Heller got the ball rolling for the future of gun rights (although we're still close to the slippery slope), and the conservative democrats have alot to lose (their jobs) if they vote for an AWB.

However, in another six years, Barack could have the votes needed to ban all things semi-auto, the SCOTUS make-up could change and deny incorporation somehow, the liberal state's ideas can cross over to neighboring states, CCW could become federally run and licensed, making it inconvenient like it is in places like NY, and the NRA could go bankrupt from lobbying due to the economy, and a terror attack involving AKs and ARs bought from Joe Jack's gun shop could happen on the White House lawn.

There is a good thing with every bad thing. Don't run around about the sky falling, but get what you want now while you can now, and while you can now affordably.

cbrgator
October 7, 2008, 08:55 PM
If there actually was an AWB, over time, say after a year or two, would the price of 5.56 go down due to stagnated demand?

RP88
October 7, 2008, 09:21 PM
they'll also most likely ban milspec ammo along with the guns, so the supply won't really last long enough for the demand to stagnate for any sort of ammo measured in millimeters and has 'NATO' as part of its name.

CRITGIT
October 7, 2008, 10:12 PM
Doesn't sound like there's much confidence in McBush here!
Did he concede?:D

CRITGIT

savage116
October 7, 2008, 10:30 PM
Hi, I am 13 going to be 14 a week from today. When I was a kid [5,6,7,8,9] Neither me or my father were into shooting. Now he has multiple pistols and rifles.
I am a hard worker [not the typical teenager] and am very mature for my age. Due to my work ethic I have made some pretty good money. I now have around $800.
So every time I talk about buying a firearm or start a thread on hear talking about a gun I want to buy or already bought the gun is legally my dads but when I am older and move out it is coming with me because he bought the gun I wanted with my money but in his name.
All that aside I would like to buy an AR-15, Saiga 308 a kel-tec plr possibly an AK. I would also like to buy some pistols for CCW when I am older. I am mad/worried because I may never have the chance to purchase these types of firearms. I will end up buying something but I can't buy everything I want before the election. So to some on here saying just buy it now and don't worry about the ban I would just like to say that some are not that financially well off or aren't in the position to do this.

Boiler_81
October 7, 2008, 11:57 PM
The issue is not another AWB. This will not fly in congress. Moderate Democrats will use Heller as cover and will not vote for it.

The big risk for gun owners is the Supreme Court Justices, the next president will appoint. We won Heller 5-4. One more left leaning judge and the decision would have gone the other way.

If Obama wins we will have to live with the left leaning justices which he will appoint the next 20 to 30 years.

SevenŠ
October 8, 2008, 12:12 AM
"We're running out of 5.56/7.62x39/30-06/8mm Mauser, quick buy and stockpile, oh yeah it just happens I have some that is surplus to my requirements....."

"Day one Obama's gonna sign an AWB into law, better buy an AR now....What, were from, well I know a guy....."

"I'm telling ya, no magazines over 10 rounds, better grandfather NOW, a guy I was chatting to on ARFCOM told me. He's got stock he doesn't need any more...."

True, true. I agree 100%.

The problem is sellers are taking advantage of the consumers fear of the "impending doom and gloom."

Prices continue to soar. It's a Seller's Market and will continue to be.

Buy now or wait and pray McCain wins the election and prices level off or lower. If Obama wins...you ain't seen nothing yet (as far as prices go.)

My 2˘.

ziggy222
October 8, 2008, 12:14 AM
don't worry,most are just trying to scare people into voting for mccaine by saying obamas going to take your guns away.gun laws go back and fourth.buy the gun you want.not the gun thats in high demand.more immediate concerns would be food energy and a place to live.your a teen.enjoy your teen yrs.if what you want is a battle rifle then factor in cost of ammo.i just sold a rifle in 308 nato cause the cheepest junk ammo was 50 cents a bullet.i would get a rifle in 223 1st.its way cheaper.battle type ammo unlike guns is in short supply right now and not getting any better.

cbrgator
October 8, 2008, 12:20 AM
they'll also most likely ban milspec ammo along with the guns, so the supply won't really last long enough for the demand to stagnate for any sort of ammo measured in millimeters and has 'NATO' as part of its name.
So you think they'll ban 5.56 as part of it? What about .223? It's an awfully common cartridge for hunting.

qajaq59
October 8, 2008, 07:38 AM
then I'm done forever. Boy, if I only had a buck for every time I've said that. :D :D :D

Phil DeGraves
October 8, 2008, 10:43 AM
"Even if I wanted to take your guns, I don't have the votes in congress to do it" - Barack Obama

The right answer was "I won't take your guns because as Americans, you have the right to keep and bear arms."

frankd4
October 8, 2008, 12:34 PM
Executive order the same way old man Bush stopped importation of Chink gun and barrel ban, Obama has stated that he would do all in his power to bring back the assault weapons Ban that on his web site.
Buy all you can NOW with as many Mags as you can afford.

CRITGIT
October 8, 2008, 03:42 PM
Chink gun????:eek:
I bet that could have been said with more style without the racial slur!:eek:

CRITGIT

Der Verge
October 8, 2008, 05:32 PM
"McCain is hardly a friend of ours but he doesn't even approach Obama's level of anti-gun radicalism. Obama has voted or voiced his support for a ban and confiscation of all semi-auto rifles, all handguns, all centerfire rifle ammunition, closing all gun stores within 5 miles of a public place... Sarah Brady herself isn't a bigger gun grabber than Obama."

Before you comment on this issue, do your research. And I do not mean for you to go to the Republican national website for your info. They are all politicians, and ALL of them LIE. Even your precious McCain. IMO, McCain is the bigger potential problem when it comes to guns.

cbrgator
October 8, 2008, 05:35 PM
McCain is the bigger potential problem when it comes to many things, including guns.
How so? Not calling you out, just want to know if you know something I don't....

buzz_knox
October 8, 2008, 05:39 PM
http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/issues/issues.gun.html

Pretty much all the research you need to do to compare the two. Add in www.ontheissues.org, and you're covered.

McCain isn't a particularly great friend of the RKBA. However, you really have to be a dedicated and utterly disingenuous fellow traveller of Obama's to claim McCain is anywhere as bad than the Big O's, let alone worse.

mljdeckard
October 8, 2008, 05:57 PM
Here's what I have to fear from the ban. Just because I have all the guns I want or need, that doesn't mean my children and grandchildren do. Accepting a ban now means I have to explain to my grandchildren why I am training them on an antique rifle I have had for many years, but they are not allowed to own. They lost their rights because I already had mine. NOT ACCEPTABLE.

None of them will move on an AWB until the second term. If he does win, he will likely be a one-term president. If he signed an AWB, it would guarantee it.

Der Verge
October 8, 2008, 08:58 PM
http://www.gunowners.org/mcv109.htm
http://www.gunowners.org/mcv108.htm
http://www.gunowners.org/mcv107.htm
http://www.gunowners.org/mcv106.htm

They are all from the same site, but it saves me time......McCain ALWAYS votes anti. Atleast Obama voted pro-gun once.......

Either way, this is not a political forum, so I am done here. I may join you in the proper forum later.

Phil DeGraves
October 9, 2008, 05:16 PM
The problem is that Joe Biden also ALWAYS votes anti-gun while Sarah Palin does not. So we are faced with choosing and anti-gun president with a pro-gun leader of the Senate, or anti-gun president with an anti-gun leader of the Senate?
Which do you want?

Just when did BHO ever vote pro-gun?

Considering how the cost of everything keeps going up, it may be smart to buy up assault rifles regardless of who gets elected and what their stands are on guns.

NC-Mike
October 9, 2008, 08:04 PM
Barack Obama is every gun-owners worst nightmare. He served on the board of the Joyce foundation which is the mother's milk for every anti-SA group in the country. There is not the slightest doubt in my mind that if Obama is elected and that is looking more and more likely, the reinstatement of the assault weapons ban will be brought up for vote by Nancy and Harry.

With a little arm twisting and few "sweeteners" that no congressman or senator can resist, we'll have the ban in place again soon after Mr Obama takes office.

For those comparing Obama to McCain, there is no comparison. Obama's record is atrocious on the second amendment. McCain put an NRA life member on his ticket. IMHO, the choice is very clear.

And yes this has cost me a great deal of money and I could easily spend a nother five grand on goodies that are going to be banned. These are strange days indeed for our country when the Republican candidate is trying to prove he's a bigger socialist than a Democrat but at least he has Palin on the ticket.

NC-Mike
October 9, 2008, 08:36 PM
I'm sitting here on the computer the last hour and I've heard at least ten Obama commercials on the TV in that short time.

That's not normal for North Carolina with three weeks to go till the election... :eek:

CRITGIT
October 9, 2008, 09:48 PM
Because a DEM can actually win there now. Thanks to the endless failures of the existing incompetents. :eek:

CRITGIT

benEzra
October 9, 2008, 10:05 PM
Me personally I have one more firearm to get and then stock up on some ammo. My last firearm I am going to purchase is a DPMS 6.5 Creedmoor and then I'm done forever.
It must be nice to be financially capable of saying that. I'm happy for you, but most of us are nowhere near that state.

I've got a special-needs kid, somewhere north of $20K in outstanding medical related bills, and barely make ends meet. There are a LOT of guns I'd like to own someday that the Bradyites want to outlaw. A ban matters to me.

dispatch55126
October 9, 2008, 10:08 PM
I'm not going to read through this thread because I'm not interested. That said, change the title. All you need is a hard core socialist to see the title then it becomes one more thing for him to rant about.

buzz_knox
October 9, 2008, 10:12 PM
They are all from the same site, but it saves me time......McCain ALWAYS votes anti. Atleast Obama voted pro-gun once.......

John McCain's record from, of all places, CNN:

Voted for a 2005 law prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers stemming from acts committed by others using their products. Supports instant criminal background checks on people purchasing guns and believes law should apply to gun sales at gun shows. Opposes restrictions on assault weapons and voted against such a ban. Voted against a 10-year extension of the assault weapons ban. Supported legislation requiring gun manufacturers to include gun safety devices such as trigger locks in product packaging and voted for 2005 child safety lock amendment. Voted against 2005 amendment placing restrictions on rifle ammunition that is "designed or marketed" to be armor-piercing. Opposed 1994 crime bill, which contained the assault weapons ban. Has a C+ rating from the NRA. Regarding the Supreme Court case District of Columbia v. Heller, McCain signed a friend-of-the-court brief urging the Supreme Court to overturn the District of Columbia gun ban. Voted for 2006 amendment prohibiting confiscation of firearms from private citizens, particularly during times of crisis or emergency.

Someone is blatantly lying, and I don't think it's CNN.

Either way, this is not a political forum, so I am done here. I may join you in the proper forum later.

Thanks for the dump and run.

glock281
October 24, 2009, 02:29 PM
No but he can sign a little thing called "executive order"

Check the history other presidents have done it.

TexasRifleman
October 24, 2009, 02:33 PM

You are right, it's not a political forum, but lying is not tolerated either.

And really, your post makes you look pretty uneducated since it would take literally 10 seconds to prove your statement false.

cbrgator
October 24, 2009, 02:37 PM
Danger:

Resurrecting this thread will result in nothing but political rhetoric.

ants
October 24, 2009, 02:54 PM
Wow, pre-Obama!!!
Next thing you know, they'll elect him President and we'll panic and make a run on ammo and black rifles, then we'll start hoarding, then they'll stop selling surplus military brass, then all the primers will dry up, and who knows what else will happen?

Seems kinda stale now, doesn't it?

twofourthree73
October 24, 2009, 03:24 PM
Never mind that AR's are now priced less than before the election, ammo is comming around and the end hasn't come yet.

In before the thread lock.

Johnny Guest
October 24, 2009, 04:03 PM
- - Since this thread was new, OVER A YEAR AGO.

This is one that can't really be updated to any advantage.

CLOSED.

If you enjoyed reading about "Obama AR-15" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!