60 second rule?

PDA

Cosmoline
October 7, 2008, 05:24 AM
I am unable to post anything, the ticker just keeps telling me I need to wait another xx seconds. I don't remember THR ever having a sixty second rule.

If you enjoyed reading about "60 second rule?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Nematocyst
October 7, 2008, 05:30 AM
Ditto that.

What up?

ilbob
October 7, 2008, 08:47 AM
I think it is something fairly recent. I never noticed it before either. Perhaps it is to try to discourage people from posting on a certain forbidden subject in multiple forums nearly simultaneously.

rbernie
October 7, 2008, 09:40 AM
It's been in place for a really long time. I usually encountered it when the server/db hung while I was making a post and I'd try to resubmit but couldn't.

Mal H
October 7, 2008, 10:59 AM
rbernie is right - it's been in place from day 1, and is called flood control. You guys must have run into a period where the server was confused.

Cosmoline posted, "I am unable to post anything ..."
Class - what's odd about that statement?
Anyone?
Anyone?

:D

OAKVILLE SHOOTER
October 7, 2008, 11:02 AM
Cosmoline posted, "I am unable to post anything ..."
Class - what's odd about that statement?
Anyone?
Anyone?

Well, aside from the part where he posted that he couldn't post anything, there is nothing wrong.

:D:D

hso
October 7, 2008, 11:52 AM
Cosmo,

Didn't you know that when you hit 15,300 posts that you went into a special category?:evil:

jasonguerard
October 7, 2008, 12:37 PM
I post mostly from my mobile phone.
As we know they always work perfectly :rolleyes:
On occasion I think it didn't go through and hit the "1 min wait" which usually means it did go through.
Multiple tabs with multiple replies at home sometimes causes that as well.
Aparrently as admin stated, it must be working now ! ;)

Jorg Nysgerrig
October 7, 2008, 01:17 PM
Those phones tend to cache things, I would be willing to bet if you forced a refresh or cleared the cache on your phone it would go away.

texfed
October 7, 2008, 01:25 PM
I had same problem today.....my opinion...like eating a pot of beans...it will eventually pass!:)

If you enjoyed reading about "60 second rule?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!