Harris or Parker Hale for my GAP .308 AICS???

PDA

alpha6164
October 7, 2008, 06:28 PM
I just purchased a GA Precision .308 bedded in an Accuracy International chasis. I am trying to decide on a bipod. I know that the AI is pretty much built to go with a Parker Hale, but any reason not to go with a Harris swivel bipod? Any advantages or disadvantages that each provide? Thanks for the inputs.

If you enjoyed reading about "Harris or Parker Hale for my GAP .308 AICS???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Tyris
October 7, 2008, 06:34 PM
I have a versa-pod that came with my DSA FAL, it is a copy of the parker hale. I gotta say the implementation is good, but the design fundamentally sucks. badly. It is large, bulky, heavy, wobble prone and the whole "quick detach" is a worthless feature.

I have a harris on another rifle and it is lighter, more sturdy and very solid.

I intend to replace my versa pod with another harris.

-T

taliv
October 7, 2008, 08:07 PM
http://longrangeinternational.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=173

dirtyjim
October 7, 2008, 08:12 PM
the versa pod is a very cheaply made copy of a parker hale. parker hale bipods are expensive but one of the best. nothing wrong with harris, but i still prefer a ph over them.

If you enjoyed reading about "Harris or Parker Hale for my GAP .308 AICS???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!