Everyone please READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PDA

younganddumb
October 7, 2008, 09:30 PM
OK I have this crazy theroy man that the price of anything made with metal will go up in value look at ammo prices and imagine this guns are made of metal so no matter who how or why any one gets ellected and would want to run this countyfor that matter the price of anything with metal is going to go up in value<even paper clips.

And to the fact that you have a couple months even if Oboma gets ELECTED to becomes the next POTUS then you have till January to buy whatever you want. Besides, anyone that gets the title of POTUS will want to clear up debt in the U.S. first, get the economy stright, get out of war, build p a larger army/navy, add more taxes, worry about baseball steriods, drill for oil, find alternitive energy, worry about basebal some more.......

Some things mayjust cross his desk before that AWB does.

My piont, that you have time even if he gets elected, metal will go up in value, some things are more imprtant then the next AWB and I HATE BASEBALL:barf:(LACROSSE RULES)

sorry for the sarcasim but every day I see another if oboma if another AWB will guns get inertly more expensive....:banghead:

Sorry for this rant:fire:

Zach

If you enjoyed reading about "Everyone please READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
taliv
October 7, 2008, 09:38 PM
please refrain from posting while intoxicated.

younganddumb
October 7, 2008, 09:44 PM
I'm 16 and I don't drink just POed at all this dumb stuff about is an AR going to get more expensive is Oboma going to get elected ....

alemonkey
October 7, 2008, 09:48 PM
My brain hurts.
IBTL.

mattw
October 7, 2008, 09:50 PM
Now I know why I mostly stay at lighfighter...

Zach, Obama has the most liberal voting record in the US senate. He is definitely not gun-friendly. Think he would want to make it harder to get an AR? Maybe. If it is harder to get something doesn't the price go up?

Probably a good thing that you aren't old enough to vote yet.

Code3GT
October 7, 2008, 09:51 PM
wow...go finish your English homework and come back when you're done and can spell.

shotgun12321
October 7, 2008, 09:52 PM
Wow....your English teacher must be proud. It's Obama with 2 a's not 2 o's

younganddumb
October 7, 2008, 09:55 PM
ok I understand I may or may not be right on everything but he does NOT make the bill he signs it if it makes it through congress and the senante first. An d my other point is that it does not matter who gets elected the price will go up b/c metals are getting more expensive thats all if he gets elected and does not get shot and gets everythng else in this country strightended out then he can worry about it but by then his 4 years will be up

HGUNHNTR
October 7, 2008, 10:00 PM
At least ou were honest in choosing a screen name:p

DRYHUMOR
October 7, 2008, 10:01 PM
Metals go up due to demand, and the cost of processing. The more fuel, labor, transportation increase, the more metal costs increase.

Some metals have gone down in price over the last couple of months. Copper, gold, platinum, lead, and even steel. Mostly due to demand.

younganddumb
October 7, 2008, 10:02 PM
I bet I haven't heard that before

esmith
October 7, 2008, 10:03 PM
I'd like to point out that the user who posted this has the screenname, "younganddumb."

snead888
October 7, 2008, 10:04 PM
he was probably typing fast and ranting (which he was). Plus high school homework is a cr_pload these days, five-ish hours a night; i am surprised he even gets time to get online on weekday.

younganddumb
October 7, 2008, 10:08 PM
I got maybe 2 hours and football everynight and I have 4 honors classes and one AP class it's not that hard to find time if you are smart enough

HGUNHNTR
October 7, 2008, 10:12 PM
I am assuming grammar and English are not on the honors list. :neener:

younganddumb
October 7, 2008, 10:13 PM
they are but I am doing this off an ipod

mattw
October 7, 2008, 10:15 PM
The President has the power to veto bills passed by the house and senate. You live in Maryland and are 16, its not your fault, you have probably just been indoctrinated by your liberal dingbat parents and teachers.

Just do yourself a favor and stop posting.

The way to become wiser is not to be belligerent when several people intelligently challenge your argument.

surjimmy
October 7, 2008, 10:16 PM
You guys are getting in a pissing contest and slamming a 16 year old................ Think about it.

mattw
October 7, 2008, 10:17 PM
Well someone has to tell him he is wrong...

younganddumb
October 7, 2008, 10:17 PM
please DO NOT call my parents any names

Dksimon
October 7, 2008, 10:19 PM
Can you post some evidence that backs up your theory?

younganddumb
October 7, 2008, 10:21 PM
what that metals are getting more expensive?

snead888
October 7, 2008, 10:25 PM
AP Micro and Macro Econ, Computer Information Systems, Advanced Algebra/Trig, Chemistry, Hon. English, AP Va and US History, Hon. Latin 4, and Hon. Shakespeare Studies. plus volunteer work.

somedays it just takes awhile. plus i get distracted easily. also my history teacher is the easy AP teacher, the other one assigns about 2 hours of notes everyday and you have to turn them in for grade. so those kids have it worse than me. sometimes intelligence doesn't matter, somethings are just time consuming.

and stop bashing him people, he just wanted to see what yall thought of his theory, not his spelling

Dksimon
October 7, 2008, 10:26 PM
Snead888

why are you taking micro and macro econ at the same time?

paintballdude902
October 7, 2008, 10:28 PM
At least ou were honest in choosing a screen name

beat me to it

you are correct but there are a number of dealers in the us who know that if an awb does cross his desk he will sign it so they will jack up there prices for some sort of impending awb

i wish some one would put an awp on his desk instead so he finds out how much fun shooting is

snead888
October 7, 2008, 10:30 PM
@Dksimon

sry. micro first semester, macro second, we just mash them together when we say it at my school.

younganddumb
October 7, 2008, 10:35 PM
finally someone agrees with me!!

mattw
October 7, 2008, 10:36 PM
What, that high school AP classes take up a lot of your airsofting time?

snead888
October 7, 2008, 10:39 PM
i dont play airsoft, sometimes i play paintball. but thats about it

younganddumb
October 7, 2008, 10:40 PM
mattw what the heck is your problem with me serriously

snead888
October 7, 2008, 10:41 PM
he probably has social issues and has yet to see a shrink

but to get back on track i do agree with you, the cost of metal will go up affecting other markets including the gun market. there will be a short delay in price jump though. most likely it will be more of a hop at first.

younganddumb
October 7, 2008, 10:45 PM
or is in need of some sort a serdious can of whoop a$$

snead888
October 7, 2008, 10:47 PM
nah, let him work it out by himself. he could implode and make a black hole of idiocy:p

Gord
October 7, 2008, 10:47 PM
Dude, no offense, but not a single one of the threads I've seen you start even begin to jive with your sig line's stated goal.

"Guns" in general may not go up in price, but if there is a ban, anything covered under such will due to basic laws of supply and demand - take a look at where prices on "preban" weapons went after '94, and where machine guns have gone since '86 (although that's a bit more extreme of an example). It takes a special sort to not comprehend that.

The inauguration is in January, but the election is in November. Do you honestly think, given Obama's voting record, clear stance on firearms and choice of VP (Biden authored the first AWB, if you didn't know), that people aren't going to start immediately buying up every mean-looking black gun they can find in anticipation of things to come?

I'm not even going to get into the metals thing. Please, take an econ class sometime. Or read Wikipedia, or read anything at all.

Finally, with exclamation points, it's one or none.

Gad, my head hurts.

MDMadrid
October 7, 2008, 10:48 PM
or is in need of some sort a serdious can of whoop a$$

Maybe you could at least proof read your posts before you post them.

W.E.G.
October 7, 2008, 10:56 PM
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd7/rkba2da/smileys/popcorn1.gif

mattw
October 7, 2008, 11:01 PM
You don't like that everyone thinks you are a dumb ass so you want to fight me? Awesome. Other than the fact that it would be a crime for me to fight a 16 year old, I'm pretty sure that you might not like how it turns out if you ever manage to get mom's van for the weekend and drive down here.

Threats of violence against someone who disagrees just strengthen the argument against your position.

These boards are pretty laid back, but you won't last long if you stay your current course.

MDMadrid
October 7, 2008, 11:02 PM
W.E.G

The popcorn guy is cool...how did you do that?

DRYHUMOR
October 7, 2008, 11:03 PM
W.E.G.,

Cool, how's the popcorn?

CaptPaul
October 7, 2008, 11:07 PM
i may have lost brain cells reading this thread

mattw
October 7, 2008, 11:08 PM
I agree. I think he knows he is beat. I'm done.

sarduy
October 7, 2008, 11:11 PM
I'd like to point out that the user who posted this has the screenname, "younganddumb."

that explain a lot of things... lol

Wes Janson
October 7, 2008, 11:13 PM
In the name of Gord, can we please close this thread?

Claude Clay
October 7, 2008, 11:55 PM
i'll worry about ramma-lamma if it happens.
.....i have heard very low-road things said this summer when i was traveling the fingerlakes region. at the fairs and just around the small towns--the things the locals said were very direct and frighting.

t george
October 8, 2008, 12:01 AM
:banghead:long thread waste of time:banghead: should have stoped reading long ago!:scrutiny:

Dksimon
October 8, 2008, 12:44 AM
Some serious fact needs to back up these statements. I, for one, have not noticed an increase in metal prices.

http://www.infomine.com/investment/metalprices/

this page shows charts for some common metals and most are equal or lesser than normal values. If you look at the long term cost of most of them you will see that they are increasing in value but if you compare that to the anual inflation rate you will find their prices to be quite normal

jordan1948
October 8, 2008, 01:07 AM
Guys like mattw are just mad because they're in their late 20s to mid 30s and never made it out of mommas house so they have to slam 16 year olds on the internet to make themselves feel better.

pinstripe
October 8, 2008, 01:17 AM
Play nice!

Emfuser
October 8, 2008, 07:42 AM
Dear thread starter,

It would be best for all the other members and you if you were to refrain from making threads which live up to your user name.

Regards,
--E--

everallm
October 8, 2008, 08:39 AM
Now now everyone, lets play nicely.....

Everyones' been young
Everyones' engaged mouth before brain AT LEAST once
Everyone has posted something they looked at later and went "Hummm, oops"

Also PLEASE

http://hoboken411.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/please-do-not-feed-the-hoboken-trolls.jpg

ZeSpectre
October 8, 2008, 09:07 AM
everallm
I'm snapping up that "Troll" graphic for future use!
Thanks

JonB
October 8, 2008, 11:01 AM
So instead of bashing the guy for his age, maybe we could engage in conversation politely. After all, he's shown he is interested in rifles and guns in general and I think that's a good thing considering the political stage these days. What we need is more 16 year olds participating and willing to learn from the 'older crowd.' After all, they are the ones that are a) going to eventually take over for us with regard to RKBA and b) choose our nursing homes.

Seriously guys, this isn't arfcom.

So to comment on the original post.
Correct - prices will go up due to materials (ie metals). There are fluctuations in any market, but overall metals are going up in price due to things like China buying everything they can to support their growing economy. The war in Iraq is certainly having a major effect on ammo prices or even components for that matter.
Correct - There will (hopefully) be more important things to cross the next POTUS' desk that will have a higher impact than another AWB. The economy in general, Iraq war, international relations, etc.

However, passing the next ban might be pretty easy if the votes are there and it could be easier to pass it than to effect the economy. Right now I don't think it's a topic most Americans care about as they watch their retirement accounts and stocks drop. Even though it's not a hot issue I can see it slipping through as a 'look what I did' kind of thing for the first State of the Union address.

This thread probably belongs in one of the other discussion forums and not Rifle Country.

Tarvis
October 8, 2008, 11:02 AM
Despite your best efforts at stating a valid argument with cited sources and proper structure, you blind us with your lack of punctuation. This is a board for grownups. If you want to be a grownup, be all means stay. POsting stuff like this whwehre there doesnt seem to be andy points to what youre gettin at and the sentance keeps going on and on becayse you have no sense of structure or grammer dosant relly help the fact that ur mad at ammo prices and other things made from metal and you hate baseball because thats whwat other people do on the weekends and there shouold be a way ato kee p hussein out of offize when the whole time all you had to do was use the back space button and fix what looks like a drunken slur.

What was the reason you started this thread anyhow? Was that a narrative or a speech that required no reply? Should it have been locked after the OP?
OK I have this crazy theroy man
*** is a crazy theory man?
the price of anything made with metal will go up in value look at ammo prices
Someone may have answered this, but it's supply and demand. Read more books. Guns will get more expensive due to supply and demand when the supply disappears. Metals are more expensive now because the supply is being eaten up by the military.

Boosh.

Shade00
October 8, 2008, 11:05 AM
Anyone want to start a bet on how many more 'Buy now before it's too late!' threads we'll have in the next month? Thirty? Forty?

And Tarvis is right - I don't know what a crazy theroy man is, but in case you hadn't noticed, it's illegal to own people. So you'd better let that crazy theroy man go before you get tossed in juvie.

blkbrd666
October 8, 2008, 11:18 AM
Things I have learned from this thread:

1) Blackberry is better at predictive text than IPOD/IPHONE.

2) ..........?.............(pin drop).........(crickets...)..........

Dope
October 8, 2008, 11:20 AM
Dear thread starter,

It would be best for all the other members and you if you were to refrain from making threads which live up to your user name.

Regards,
--E--

Hey! I resemble that remark....

Dope

mattw
October 8, 2008, 11:20 AM
Wow, 3 pages and I've just realized that no one told this kid to "take it to APS where this kind of discussion belongs." We are slipping, gentlemen.

Dope
October 8, 2008, 11:22 AM
Matt, you also forgot:

IBTL! IBTL! OMG IBTL! I WIN AN AWARD FOR BEING THE FIRST PERSON TO SCREAM IBTL!

Ehem.

Dope

mattw
October 8, 2008, 11:23 AM
I don't even know what IBTL is.

Samgotit
October 8, 2008, 11:27 AM
Trying to become older and wiser

That's admirable. Start here:

http://www.amazon.com/Painless-Grammar-Rebecca-Elliott-Ph-D/dp/0764134361/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1223480473&sr=8-1

Was this necessary? Could you not have simply bumped your old thread.
Please have consideration for the board. First, stop posting, illegible, from your phone. That's common courtesy. Second, learn humility; your topic(s) are no more important than the rest. As such, there's no reason to reword and post monthly:

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=395807

JonB
October 8, 2008, 11:41 AM
Wow, 3 pages and I've just realized that no one told this kid to "take it to APS where this kind of discussion belongs." We are slipping, gentlemen.

Look up a few posts:

This thread probably belongs in one of the other discussion forums and not Rifle Country.

frankd4
October 8, 2008, 12:15 PM
The cost of led, copper and other metals is going up due to demand from China and India, However the cost of weapons is being driven by demand, and People are in a panic about what Obama will or won’t do. The best plan of action is to get out and do what ever we can to get a Republican elected .
I have bought in to the panic and got four LMT lowers to put in my safe just in case it would be wise to buy all the High cap mags and guns that you want now the price is sure to go up after the election if Obama get elected.

Dope
October 8, 2008, 12:28 PM
I don't even know what IBTL is.

IBTL stands for In Before The Lock. It's what 12 year olds start screaming when they think that the thread will get locked due to banned/questionable content. We'll never know why they do it. Maybe they want an award for their prediction?

Dope

fletcher
October 8, 2008, 12:35 PM
Materials are a relatively small part of a gun's cost. No need to worry about them skyrocketing because of metals prices. A couple bucks, maybe, but it's not like they'll go up 50% or anything.

LaEscopeta
October 8, 2008, 01:19 PM
Well the original poster has been gone since post 32, so I'll direct a favorite quote to those keeping this thread going:

“Youth cannot know what age is like but we old men are fools when we forget what it was like to be young.”

If you enjoyed reading about "Everyone please READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!