Looking to buy a K31. Who should I buy from?

PDA

bryanZ06
October 8, 2008, 01:36 PM
I'm planning on ordering a Swiss K31 in the next couple of days. Who's got the best of what's out there? I know a surplus gun isn't going to look brand new, but I don't want something that's beat to death either. Anyone ordered one from Samco?

If you enjoyed reading about "Looking to buy a K31. Who should I buy from?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jd46561
October 8, 2008, 01:50 PM
Samco has a reputation for being slow, but, they usually send you a nice one for your money. Also, there is almost 1 for sale on every gunboard forum trader section on the net at least once a week, that has milsurps. Including this one here now. Go look. . I wouldn't pay over 275.00 for one at this moment in time. The average is 200.00 - 275.00. Good luck, they are well worth the money.

HGUNHNTR
October 8, 2008, 02:13 PM
Look to buy in person if possible, then you know what your getting.

Try this maybe:

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?p=4988622#post4988622

bryanZ06
October 8, 2008, 02:44 PM
Samco has a reputation for being slow, but, they usually send you a nice one for your money. Also, there is almost 1 for sale on every gunboard forum trader section on the net at least once a week, that has milsurps. Including this one here now. Go look. . I wouldn't pay over 275.00 for one at this moment in time. The average is 200.00 - 275.00. Good luck, they are well worth the money.

I was looking at the "K31 with Tiger Stripe stock in special select condition" from Samco for $249. I can deal with them being slow if they have a reputation for sending out good rifles. I've seen quite a few listed in various for sale sections, but the prices seem to be all over the place on them and a lot of the guns don't look that much different.

Tortuga12
October 8, 2008, 03:21 PM
Is where I ordered mine, and I was very pleased with the product! Buy one, by all means! The fewer there are in circulation, the more mine is worth!! And they're REALLY nice rifles! Really ticks off my friend when we're at the range, me with my K31, him with his Mosin. Of course, his ammo is just a little cheaper!:D

Vaarok
October 8, 2008, 07:08 PM
I would recommend Samco because they have the select tigerstripes. They are pretty. I bought mine secondhand, so I don't know for-sure it's from them, but folks who have ordered have all reported favorably...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v709/Vaarok/tigerschwyz.jpg

bryanZ06
October 8, 2008, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the picture Vaarok. That is a VERY nice rifle. I really like the tigerstripe stocks.

Floppy_D
October 8, 2008, 08:18 PM
Buy mine, if you're near VA. :D

jws527
October 8, 2008, 08:37 PM
Are you concerned about the appearance and condition of the stock or just the metal?

Stock condition varies considerably, but you'll be hard pressed to find one that doesn't have a nice receiver and bore. They were all well-maintained and never saw corrosive ammunition.

bryanZ06
October 8, 2008, 09:06 PM
Are you concerned about the appearance and condition of the stock or just the metal?

Stock condition varies considerably, but you'll be hard pressed to find one that doesn't have a nice receiver and bore. They were all well-maintained and never saw corrosive ammunition.

I'd like to find an original stock in good shape. On older guns, I much prefer the somewhat worn look of the original finish and wood as opposed to something that's been refinished.

shuvelrider
October 8, 2008, 11:09 PM
I suggest to set up a basic reload table and roll your own as it will be cheaper in the long run if you shoot alot. The 7.5 Swiss uses a .308 bullet so its cheap to find as a FMJ, I use a 150 gr FMJ bullet for my K31 and they work fine, same bullet for my A3 Springfield and that keeps the cost down. Got my brass from Graf & Sons, made by Prvi. Neck size those and they will last a long time, I think that GP-11 ammo is around 30.00 for 60 rounds--- good stuff but the cost will add up, and I like to shoot at least 50 rounds when I exercize my Swiss, or any rifle for that matter.

jd46561
October 8, 2008, 11:19 PM
There are 2 for sale on Gunboards.com trader forum ,right this minute.

CU74
October 9, 2008, 12:33 AM
I bought mine from Samco and from J&G sales - all are good.

offthepaper
October 9, 2008, 01:48 PM
I bought 2 from Classic Arms that arrived in good condition. Go for the $10 handpick option.

bryanZ06
October 10, 2008, 11:45 AM
I just ordered a select tigerstripe from Samco. I'll post up a few pics after it comes in.

If you enjoyed reading about "Looking to buy a K31. Who should I buy from?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!