Whats with guys and "IBTL" ??

PDA

CDignition
October 8, 2008, 01:34 PM
Almost every thread u see some guy starts or ends his post with " IBTL".. that's very weird.. It helps none and distracts form the forum alot. Just seems juvenile.

If you enjoyed reading about "Whats with guys and "IBTL" ??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
R.W.Dale
October 8, 2008, 01:55 PM
very seldom though does the IBTL moniker get applied to a thread that doesn't end up having the big padlock lock applied in the end.

Claude Clay
October 8, 2008, 02:02 PM
for those who have just come in from recess playing tag, i guess it makes sense.....

Mal H
October 8, 2008, 02:31 PM
It is indeed juvenile, annoying, a waste of posting space, and no moderator takes it as a request to lock a thread.

If all the members who say IBTL would alert a mod instead by pressing the Report button, it would help rather than adding silliness to what is probably a questionable thread.

NonConformist
October 8, 2008, 02:33 PM
Im guessing Arfcommers who are used to kissing Mods/staff butt, and attempting to Police when its not their place to look better!

hso
October 8, 2008, 02:37 PM
Mods at THR would be much happier if whenever an OT thread or drift occurs members would be considerate enough to explain to others why it isn't within THR's guidelines or hit that http://thehighroad.org/images/buttons/report.gif under the poster's name. "IBTL" doesn't help anyone understand what's out of bounds.

SuperNaut
October 8, 2008, 02:38 PM
ibtl

SuperNaut
October 8, 2008, 02:44 PM
Now, more seriously, IBTL comments can also have a community building effect, as well as a little self-policing. The mods don't have to do everything, sometimes the community can post small corrective comments and bring the thread back on topic. Not everything new is useless and not everything snarky is harmful.

R.W.Dale
October 8, 2008, 02:47 PM
I guess I missed the part where everyones sense of humor got shot off in the war

yeti
October 11, 2008, 01:56 AM
I guess I missed the part where everyones sense of humor got shot off in the war

I don't know, I find the **** to be funnier when it just posts as 4 *'s. <<<< LIKE THAT!:evil:Someone's got a sense of humor.:cool:

****:o

MMCSRET
October 11, 2008, 03:44 PM
I like that type of commentary, it more closely resembles live conversation. Sort of like using our hands as we verbalize, which we all do to some degree.

Friendly, Don't Fire!
October 11, 2008, 04:27 PM
whatever

The Bushmaster
October 11, 2008, 04:28 PM
It must be Saturday again...Whoooppeee****

If you enjoyed reading about "Whats with guys and "IBTL" ??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!