30 day ban for starting political threads?

PDA

Jorg Nysgerrig
October 8, 2008, 06:25 PM
Come on, it's a great idea. It'll shut these goofballs down until after the election. Then they can come back and "contribute" to all the "THE SKY IS FALLING" threads. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "30 day ban for starting political threads?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
harmonic
October 8, 2008, 06:30 PM
It's like a disease, isn't it? Other forums' posters are relishing economic bad news as is evidenced by their "henny penny" threads every five minutes.

These people need to get a life.

Floppy_D
October 8, 2008, 06:41 PM
That's just what the gov't wants. :D

kingpin008
October 8, 2008, 07:43 PM
I second the motion. I especially love the ones that start out "I know this is gonna get locked, but I don't care.."

Real High-Road, those. :rolleyes:

Gunnerpalace
October 9, 2008, 04:59 AM
I oppose.

buzz_knox
October 9, 2008, 09:39 AM
If we are going to ban those who start them, we need to ban those who respond to them as well, which would include me as well I suppose.

If the issue is that bad, then both sides have contributed equally and should be dealt with equally.

Byron Quick
October 9, 2008, 10:24 AM
Personally, I don't care for temporary bans even though some of the moderators have started employing the option.

Most people who can't follow the simple rules of this forum at one point; find it necessary to not follow the rules at some point in the future.

To keep my life from being cluttered up running after people who either can't comprehend plain written English or choose not to follow simple rules that they agreed to follow when they registered....a permanent ban solves the problem neatly.

ilbob
October 9, 2008, 05:47 PM
I don't think it matters much. Guys that want to start trouble will do it.

Go Obama.
McCain is the antiChrist.

Or did I get that backwards?
:)

meef
October 12, 2008, 02:28 AM
Other forums' posters are relishing economic bad news as is evidenced by their "henny penny" threads every five minutes.:scrutiny:

You actually meant "chicken little", right.

:)

deck52
October 17, 2008, 10:07 PM
Are you anti First Ammendment, Jorg???

Mongrel
October 17, 2008, 10:34 PM
hmmm...

some of this sure sounds like

"high and mighty" to me...

he said, rolling his eyes....

Lest anyone get the wrong idea-I certainly can follow the rules.

Sure seems like having a pro-second amendment site and outlawing political discussion makes about as much sense as having a Pro-Life site and outlawing discussion of Roe Vs. Wade.

But like I said, I got no dog in it, and have no plans on raising a stink in yer midst.

Larry Ashcraft
October 17, 2008, 10:53 PM
Are you anti First Ammendment, Jorg???
The first amendment is a restriction on the government. THR is not the government.

JImbothefiveth
October 18, 2008, 12:21 AM
I hearby propose we alter the first amendment from "congress shall make no law abridging" to "congress and THR shall make no law abridging".:)

But seriously, I think it's a good thing they aren't bound by freedom of speech, it keeps profanity down.

coyotehitman
October 18, 2008, 02:44 AM
30 day ban for starting political threads?

Followed by a 30 day ban for a Walmart thread, 60 day ban for cop bashing threads, 120 day ban for a thread containing "Heller, TEOTWAWKI, SHTF, zombie", and a 180 day ban for any comment that disagrees with anything I say. :-)

williamthedog
October 18, 2008, 07:58 AM
it sounds like a good idea but i doubt if it would work.
funny thing about political deals ...
a buncha guys b$%^&*(# at each other forever
and nobodies mind gets changed.
as far as any freedom of speech rights go.
this is a privately owned site and there is no free speech on someone elses dime.

MMCSRET
October 18, 2008, 10:40 AM
The "Fairness Doctrine" will be law in Feb. '09 and will control speech to the effect that if 1 is said for, then 1 must be said against!!!!!!

ronwill
October 18, 2008, 10:47 AM
Whether anyone wants to admit it or not, politics goes hand in hand with the 2A. It's part of the way of keeping it from being diminished or even taken away. As long as it doesn't get out of hand, political discussion should be alright.

If you enjoyed reading about "30 day ban for starting political threads?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!