Looking for pro-2A license plate frames


PDA






Jesse H
September 12, 2003, 12:18 PM
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/news/90903_local_plates.html

Texas just passed a silly law that makes a bunch of frames illegal. They seem to be fairly strict about it. My University of Texas frame is non complaint since it covers an eeensy bit of the top (not even the actual numbers).

Does anybody know of any? I'm not a fan of chrome.

If you enjoyed reading about "Looking for pro-2A license plate frames" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Tamara
September 12, 2003, 12:22 PM
Someone once claimed to have seen one that said "Bowman Motors. Solothurn, Missouri" on it. Wish I could find one. :cool:

gun-fucious
September 12, 2003, 12:22 PM
i was just thinking about doing a Molon Labe plate frame

Greek on the top
English on the bottom

Skunkabilly
September 12, 2003, 12:44 PM
I saw one that said 'My Other Auto is a 9mm'

Jesse, I'm guessing it has something to do with covering the tags? Not sure about TX but we have expiration tags on our plates here.

I thought something in Latin like 'Semper Tacticalis' would be neat.

Tall Man
September 12, 2003, 01:09 PM
www.twochicks.com


It will, of course, be incumbent on you to determine if the frames offered at the aforementioned site are compliant with your state law(s).

Tall Man

gun-fucious
September 12, 2003, 02:20 PM
here y'all go:

http://www.cafeshops.com/molonlabe

Tall Man
September 12, 2003, 02:25 PM
Nice frame, fucious, but our boy has a stated aversion to chrome.

tcdrennen
September 12, 2003, 02:36 PM
Skunky, you might have seen mine on the back of my Tundra: "My other auto is a ... .45 ACP" :D I had it made up at a gun show booth, IIRC.

On the front I have "Life Member... National Rifle Association" to go with the decal in my back window.

I do need some GOA, GOV, CRPA, SAS etc. decals. I have a "Liberty Belles ... Putting the Second Amendment First" bumper sticker but haven't put it on the truck. :rolleyes:

Zach S
September 12, 2003, 02:44 PM
I guess even pre-ban frames are illeagal?

You could always dremel where it covers the eeensy bit of the top, that is if it doesnt booger the letters on the frame up any. If it doesnt, do a little touch up with some Duplicolor or something. You are most likely going to be the only one that notices.

Personally, I dont care much for wide frames. the one I have on my car is less than .25" wide, got it for a coupla bucks at advance auto.

Daniel T
September 12, 2003, 03:38 PM
What a stupid law. There are at least a dozen different styles of license plate you can have in Texas. A frame may or may not be illegal totally depending on what year your plate was issued or what type of specialty plate you ordered.

Great. Makes about as much sense as the AWB. Which is, to say, none.

gun-fucious
September 12, 2003, 03:50 PM
but all of these are OK, cause the tax man got his due:
http://home.comcast.net/~chenjack/graphic.html

if i ever move back to PA i think i will get this one
http://chenjack1.home.comcast.net/sPa1.jpg

on the road it is nearly impossible to read

Drjones
September 12, 2003, 07:36 PM
Thanks, gun-fucious!

I've been looking for a new frame and think I'll spring for that one over the one at my car dealer!

AZLibertarian
September 13, 2003, 10:53 AM
I'd be willing to bet that 90% of this law is to give the Texas LEOs a pretext to make a traffic stop. The other 10% might be that they want to head off an attempt, seen in other states, that allows the sale of devices meant to obscure the license plate to photo-radar or red-light cameras. I don't know if Texas has these cameras or not, but here in AZ, they take your picture and mail you your speeding ticket.

All that being said, Tam, I like your Bowman Motors license frame idea.

vi9er
September 13, 2003, 12:31 PM
I dont get the Bowman motors reference. Can someone enlighten me??

AZLibertarian
September 13, 2003, 12:46 PM
I dont get the Bowman motors reference.

"Henry Bowman" is the name of the protagonist character in John Ross's book Unintended Consequences. He lives in Missouri, and uses a Solothurn.

"Henry Bowman" is also the 'nom-de-THR' for someone here.

"John Ross" is the 'nom-de-THR' for the author of the book, and he also posts here.

gun-fucious
September 15, 2003, 03:41 PM
http://www.cafeshops.com/bowmans_mill.7582916

http://prodtn.cafepress.com/6/7582916_F_tn.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Looking for pro-2A license plate frames" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!