New Orleans Gun Buyback

PDA

B_Scott
October 8, 2008, 10:30 PM
I just heard on the news tonight (10-8-08) that there will be another "Greater New Orleans Gun Buyback". They hope to offer $50 per handgun and $75 per rifle.
I would like to go scope it out to see if there are valuable guns worth making offers on.
If anyone has hears more info on when and where this buyback will be please post the info here.

If you enjoyed reading about "New Orleans Gun Buyback" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TehK1w1
October 8, 2008, 10:35 PM
Hahahahahaha... The NRA made them give a bunch of guns back, so now they are trying to steal them again by offering the ignorant miniscule sums of pocket change... that's priceless.

Duke Junior
October 8, 2008, 11:39 PM
With Ray Nagin we can expect no less.The gun buy back insanity shows no signs of abating.
Society seeking lower and lower levels.
New Orleans 10,20 feet below sea level?
It all makes sense.

Yo Mama
October 8, 2008, 11:42 PM
I want to see how many they get. I'm guessing after Katrina, you'll have only the morons show up.

Mauserguy
October 9, 2008, 01:16 AM
I bet that they get a good turn out at their gun buy back since thousands of privately owned firearms were immersed in flood waters and would now be rusted solid. A buy back is a good way for somebody to reclaim some level of lost value in their rusted out guns.
Mauserguy

Ske1etor
October 9, 2008, 07:36 AM
Mauserguy has it. I know a bunch of guys that have completely rusted guns due to the flood waters during Katrina and even during the more recent Gustav.

romma
October 9, 2008, 07:58 AM
They will probably make the people who's guns were confiscated in Katrina "buy their guns back"! That's their idea of a gun buyback...

Phil DeGraves
October 9, 2008, 08:48 AM
The way you beat the gun buy backs is to go to gun stores and buy all the junk, unusable, non working stuff, (RGs, Lorcins, old Spanish or Belgian S&W ripoffs, Ravens, etc.) and then sell it at a profit to the City sponsoring the buyback.

RKBABob
October 9, 2008, 09:10 AM
Hmmm. I better tell my buddy down there to sell the Lorcin he used to hold up the liquor store at the buyback! 50 bucks will buy a lot of crack! :barf:

The above statement was a joke.

NOPD - Helping disarm victims and getting rid of crime guns since whenever.

BBQLS1
October 9, 2008, 11:48 AM
When will this take place?

Dead
October 9, 2008, 03:42 PM
Anyone have any junkers they want to get ride of??? I will be in NO (passing through) in a few weeks.

If you enjoyed reading about "New Orleans Gun Buyback" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!