? on used A-bolt price

PDA

slabuda
October 8, 2008, 11:52 PM
Found a Browning A-Bolt composite stalker in .270 WSM with the BOSS system. Includes both the muzzle brake and solid BOSS weights. Which is nice because I can go from soft and loud to harder and quiet recoil.

I do hear the muzzle brakes make the rifle quite a bit louder so it could be nice to practice/sight in with double hearing protection and save the shoulder a bit then hunt eventually with the solid BOSS for when I just have time to put in ear plugs.

Oh I guess I should mention the price. Its $550. Has a scope mount but I will change it to match the rings I have my 3X9 Bushnell Elite 3200 mounted in.

And not hunted for large game before but always wanted to. Been in Idaho before but deployments stopped me then and a neck spinal fusion this year stopped me again. Hopefully I am home from next deployment in time and it doesn't interfere with my sisters wedding next year.

Plan on hunting anything from Antelope to Mule deer to Elk. I recon the .270 WSM should be flat enough and powerful enough for the flat open lands on any game up to Elk size. Id like to limit my shots to 250 yds max as I don't feel comfortable further than that right now.

Too add I didn't have a bore light but it did seem ok in gun shop light. Did not dry fire though to test trigger. Has a few marks (scratches) on the sock did not notice any marks on barrel etc and bolt seems smooth.

I've not shot a 270 WSM before but shot .30-30, .30-06, and 7mm Rem mag and recoil has not been a major factor, although I wouldnt want to shoot the 7mm a lot in one sitting. So I dont think the .270 WSM recoil will be a factor even though I am a really small guy.

The list price is $845. Buds gun shop sells a new one for $730. Gun broker did not have the composite stalker to compare.

So come on guys do you think I should jump on this or is it an average price for a 80% used rifle.

Need an answer sort of quick before it goes.

Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "? on used A-bolt price" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "? on used A-bolt price" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!