Salt Lake gun shops

PDA

Hawkman
January 14, 2003, 09:10 PM
I'm arriving in SLC Friday afternoon and will have a car and some free time. Any ranges where I can rent and shoot?

Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "Salt Lake gun shops" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Adventurer_96
January 14, 2003, 09:26 PM
Armsplus in Ogden has an indoor range where you can rent and shoot, www.armsplus.com is their site.

Also of interest is Gallenson's, around 200 East and 200 South, it's a neat shop and they won't charge an arm and a leg for most stuff.

If you get up to Ogden, Impact Guns also has a bunch of neat evil black rifle stuff.

Hope this helps, enjoy the trip. Try some Polygamy Porter, it's a local beer and they claim you shouldn't have just one. ;)

PCRCCW
January 15, 2003, 07:08 AM
Im probably late...if your in SLC..Dougs" is actually in the Slc valley...also Totally awesome guns..they have a 'tactical range" also.....how long are you in town?
Shoot well

Hawkman
January 15, 2003, 08:15 AM
I'll just be in overnight - have a meeting Saturday morning, then fly right back to Atlanta. I'll be on the west side of town, south of the airport.

Pete

TheOtherOne
January 15, 2003, 05:16 PM
Impact Guns in Ogden is worth the 40 minute drive from Salt Lake. It's by far my all time favorite store! There is no range there, but the eye candy alone can keep me there for hours.

http://www.impactguns.com

Oh, and if you do make it to Ogden you can always go downtown and check out the J. M. Browning museum in Union Station.

JamisJockey
January 15, 2003, 05:29 PM
Doug's on Redwood road. From the airport
I-80 East, to I-215 south and exit at 4700 south. Turn left (east) on 4700 South. Turn right on Redwood road. Doug's will be on the right.
They have an indoor range and rent a variety of used guns.

I've heard complaints about 'totally awesome' being dirty and poorly ventilated.

If you have a chance check out Gallenson's in downtown. Good shop.

Hawkman
January 16, 2003, 03:35 PM
Doug's is less than a mile from where I am staying:p

tetchaje1
January 16, 2003, 03:40 PM
Hawkman,
Doug's is decent with several guns to rent, but their range kind of sux.

Totally Awesome Guns is less than a mile from Doug's (about 3500West and 4700South) and rents HKs, CZs, Glocks, SIGs and a few others. They have an interactive tactical range.

If you have money to burn, they are also a Class III dealer and rent a bunch of full-auto weapons. G36s, MP5s, UZIs, M16s etc... :cool:

JamisJockey
January 16, 2003, 03:48 PM
Totally Awesome Guns is less than a mile from Doug's
Not to be anal, but its a touch under three miles.
:banghead:
the address is 4075 West and 4715 South. Same directions as above, except at 4700 south go right (West). It's about 1/2 a mile past Bangerter highway. You'll go over a canal, and it's to the left, about 100 yards off the road. Its an end unit, and not a very big one at that. :neener:

cowdawg
January 16, 2003, 03:54 PM
"Dougs" on redwood road, further west is "totally awesome guns and range" in kearns(full auto rental)
both places have pistol rentals.

Hawkman
January 16, 2003, 06:56 PM
Awright, looks like I gotta visit both and settle this once and for all!!!:D

tetchaje1
January 16, 2003, 07:20 PM
Yeah, Act1man, that was pretty anal...

...it really merited the :mad: and :banghead: emoticons too...

Here's one from me in response:

:rolleyes:

Sorry, Hawkman, a touch over three miles instead of my evil posting of "less than a mile".

Still takes less than 5 minutes by car, though, if you just take 4700 South westward...

A little decaf is in order, Act1man... :rolleyes:

JamisJockey
January 16, 2003, 07:48 PM
Well, according to your directions the poor guy would have went about a mile, and turned around: Disappointed he hadn't found it. I give directions for a living....its all in the details
:neener:

J.Gillespie
January 16, 2003, 09:09 PM
Separate corners now! and wait for the bell !:D

George Hill
January 17, 2003, 12:21 AM
DOUG's!???!?!?!?!

Don't bother. That little rat hole isn't worth the time.

Totally Awesome Guns is not bad... not great... but not bad. For a good gunshop - you must go further north or south than SLC.

tetchaje1
January 17, 2003, 12:49 PM
I get it Act1man. ;)

The whole reason why I gave an approximate address was in hopes that Hawkman would look up the exact address in the phone book when he got here and make the corrections himself.

'Spose I should've been a bit more clear in my intentions there...

:neener:

JamisJockey
January 17, 2003, 01:25 PM
No harm, no foul.
:D
hey, you (and any other Utahn's) should check out the mailing list for Utah shooters, gun nuts, etc
Post message: ut-firearms@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe: ut-firearms-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
Unsubscribe: ut-firearms-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
List owner: ut-firearms-owner@yahoogroups.com
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ut-firearms/

:D

Hawkman
January 17, 2003, 11:07 PM
Range was closed at Totally Awesome, so I couldn't shoot there. Nice guys, though.

Went over to Dougs and rented a Glock 21 and put 100 rounds of Winchester white box through it. Nice shop, nice folks. Needs a bit more ventilation in the range, though!

Thanks for the info, guys.

If you enjoyed reading about "Salt Lake gun shops" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!