Politics

PDA

JImbothefiveth
October 11, 2008, 04:35 PM
I'm a bit confused about the rules for politics.
There was one thread I posted in, I think it was "how to make the democrats pro-gun" and I said "don't vote for them". That fell within the rules.
There are also threads about the candidate's record on firearms, and about Obama sueing the NRA, and those are still up. But then I started a thread about the NRA endorsing Mccain, and it was locked. So when does it become political, instead of just gun politics? I'm kind of confused here.

If you enjoyed reading about "Politics" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ringer
October 11, 2008, 08:33 PM
Simple.

Don't start any new or post in any existing threads related to politics.

JImbothefiveth
October 12, 2008, 12:43 PM
But apperantly some politics is allowed, sutff such as "Candadate A has a far better record on firearms than candidate B". Even threads trying to design anti-Obama posters are apperantly on topic.

XavierBreath
October 12, 2008, 01:26 PM
We ask that members start threads relevant to the subforum they are posting in.

You will note that we do not have a "Politics" forum.

We do have an "Activism" forum (http://thehighroad.org/forumdisplay.php?f=46).

This stickied post (http://thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=389020) from hso should guide you to posting in Activism.

We did away with politics because we did not want to continually ban good members for bad behavior. Remember bans at THR are permanent. Politics, religion, abortion, shooting dogs and cats, and sexual orientation are some of the topics that have historically led to the banning of constructive members who had a momentary lapse of judgement. Thus, we decided to get rid of the forums and lock threads dealing with those subjects to prevent further bans of good people.

MrRezister
October 14, 2008, 04:52 PM
Thanks for the link XB, that seems clear enough.

I was going to suggest that most political discussion could be taken safely to APS, but I haven't gotten that forum to work for the past couple of days.

If you enjoyed reading about "Politics" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!