Walther PPS

PDA

.380awsome
October 12, 2008, 03:27 PM
can anyone tell me about this pistol,how is it?,reliable etc., thanks im hoping to save for one of these

If you enjoyed reading about "Walther PPS" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
joesolo
October 12, 2008, 04:34 PM
I have the PPS in 9mm. I've shot it a little but not extensively. It performed flawlessly with several types of ammo. For me, the unique feature is of course how slim it is. It took me a little getting used to the mag release for whatever reason. Sights are ok compared to some of the others I have on other pistols. IWB carry is good since it is so slim. It is about the same size as my Glock 27 just slimmer but also lower cap. It has a place for sure in my lineup. Good luck.

.380awsome
October 12, 2008, 08:16 PM
i own a p22 so im used to the mag realease :)

.380awsome
October 12, 2008, 08:46 PM
anyone else?

salthouse
October 12, 2008, 10:11 PM
I've been thinking of getting one, until my wife saw it. Now I may need to get two. I've read lots of good things, only a few bad. I'm trying to consolidated on calibers, I have a few too many now. I think the PPS is a great carry option for me in the fall-spring, I'll still carry my Kel-tec in the summer.

.380awsome
October 12, 2008, 10:21 PM
i love walther ,my favorite,thats all i own is walthers,except for me fathers old smith's,but i wouldnt doubt the pps is a great gun,havent even seen/held one only pics and articles but by what i hear its great,and most of everyone on here says the same ,the only problem i have is the price is near 600ish

gtmtnbiker98
October 12, 2008, 11:26 PM
You could say that I like them, I have two. I have an all black in .40 S&W and the Gray/Black in 9mm.

Storm
October 13, 2008, 10:38 AM
The gun for me has been 100% reliable and incredibly accurate to the point of fist sized groups at 31 yards. The range officer where I shoot has reported similar results among numerous PPS owners.

As to size, comparing the gun to any compact Glock, including the 36, a gun that I love, is rather useless as the Glock is a brick compared to the PPS. The thinnesss of the grip does take some getting used to, for me about 50 rounds :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Walther PPS" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!